Thread: Another outing. Drag Show - yes count me in.

Another outing. Drag Show - yes count me in.

For several months there is a local CDer I've been trying to connect with. We've been emailing over this time but have never been able to meet in person. Well we made it happen.

Last Friday there was this Drag show in a rural town about an hours drive from me. We both agreed to meet there. She frequents this area quite often so she knows the lay of the land.

Once I got there I headed into this old theater that has been restored. The place is full. 95% GGs and a handful of guys. I go in and I'm greeted by smiles by the people at the door selling the tickets. All is good.

I enter the theater part of the building and yes it's full. About 150 people and hardly a place to sit. I stand at the back while I try to figure out where my friend is (first time meeting her - can't seem to spot her). One of the drag queen artists is going to make her entrance from the back, we exchange a few comments while she is waiting for her que.

The show goes on and then we have an intermission. Oh there's my friend sitting at one of the front row tables. We hook up. I have to hunt for a spare chair so I can sit at the table. Then we get on with the introductions. We are sitting with six GGs at the table. Some of them my friend knows, some are total strangers. I strike up a conversation with two young girls sitting next to me. We have a nice chat about some of the differences between being a guy and a girl. Then we move on to comparing (admiring) each others eye glasses (see attached picture - I'm showing off my cute reading glasses).

Intermission over, the show continues. It's a lot of fun. All of the GGs are enjoying the drag show and throwing out hoots and hollers. It was great. Never felt awkward or that I wasn't welcomed. It was a fun loving crowd of girls.

After the show my friend and I continue to talk as we get to know each other more. We are pretty much the last ones out the door. As we stand in the foyer chatting, a couple of young girls start talking to us. They (and a bunch of the attendees) are heading across the street to hit the bar. They ask us to come along. We don't immediately jump at the opportunity, we both have about an hour long drive to get home so we are a little hesitant.

We spill into the street and keep talking. As we are chatting one of the ladies who sat at our table comes over to me and comments on how nice it was to meet me and thanks me for making the drive to attend. She owns a local dress shop. I say I need to come visit her, she says absolutely. Aw that was so sweet.

Several people interact with us as everyone is figuring out where they are going and some are saying their goodbyes. My friend likes to take pictures and asks me to pose on one of the benches in front of the theater (see attached). A nice memento of the evening.

Eventually we decide to accept the girls invitation and head over to the bar. We are a little hungry so we are hunting for food. Hotel's restaurant is closed so we head into the bar expecting they will have something to nibble on. We are greeted by a few bar goers checking us out (second and third takes). We are unfazed. The place is filled with people from the drag show including the drag queens, one wearing her final performance outfit (short skirt, bra, thigh high leather boots). Quite a mixture when you combine in some of the local farming types. All is good. Karaoke night, lot's of participants, everyone is having a good time.

We had a drink and something to eat. Then around midnight we decide it's time to make the hour long drive home. It was a great evening. Got to mingle with the masses, the show and venue was great, and we got to join the girls at the bar afterwards. Quite a nice evening.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sweetdreams; 09-09-2018 at 09:54 AM.
    Why fit in when you were born to stand out? - Dr. Suess

Sweetdreams,

Sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Liz
    Sounds like a great night out!

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    So very special when you finally do connect with another CDer

Settled down for a few years in the Texas Hill Country
    Thanks for sharing your fun evening.
    Lynne

You can friend me at on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/lynnesealytx. I don't post often, mainly lurk

Banned Read only
    Congratulations on having a good time. It shows one can have a great time at an accepting venue.

Wonderful evening out. And you look great.
    Like a lady

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    My wife took me to a drag show in Seattle a couple of years ago for my birthday present. We had a great time and our experience was about the same as yours. I think you'll find the same experience anywhere you go. Most people are curious about us and you'll have some nice and interesting conversations.
    Dana Ryan

sounds like a great night Its great to find an event like that that you can go and enjoy yourself.

You look so very pretty and happy! What a nice evening!
    Crissy

One of those dream evenings that ends all too quickly.

Looks like a fabulous time had by all.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.