Thread: Moving things forwards

Aspiring Member

Moving things forwards

Largely encouraged by many stories that I've read on this forum, I've decided that it's time for me to take my dressing into a new direction. I'm thinking about changing what I wear and also where I wear it. I've always been a skirts and tops, (worn only at home), girl but now I'm thinking about trousers, and in particular jeans. I've settled on ladies jeans as they can be quite feminine, but also, they can be sufficiently androgynous to be worn in public. In this way, I can take my dressing beyond the front door. In this way, I can be out and about and see what it's like to wear (one article of) ladies clothes in public. I'm sure that I won't disappear in a puff of smoke and all will be ok. Yesterday, I mentioned this to my wife and her immediate reaction was "Do you wan't to try a pair of mine?" So, now I'm in the market for a pair of jeans. It'll be interesting to see where this leads if I can get confidence in being outside in ladies clothes. How do others here get on with ladies jeans? What styles are best to go for?

I like womens jeans. I have several pairs. I find they fit me well. I am not fond of the shallow pockets. No complaints other than that. As for advice on style. Well..........my advice is enjoy the hunt for what you like. Have fun and stay safe.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Women search endlessly for right fitting pants, since there are so many dimensions involved, stretch, stitching, rips [lol] to consider. Time to go to the dressing rooms! That in itself is a rush- since it is being in public and then time alone to realize I DID IT!
    Last edited by phili; 09-10-2018 at 07:53 AM.
    We are all beautiful...!

I wear women's jeans almost exclusively I like the current style of rolling the cuffs. I tend to buy boyfriend cut as they give an androgynous look but are still a different fit than men's jeans.
    SM

All of my mens Lee Riders have been retired.I found a womens size 12 long to be a very comfortable fit for me.Have a few pairs of various brands but settled on a Levi straight cut jean that was available at Walmart, love the stretchy fit.Had purchased 4 pairs,went to get a few more but our local store was out.Found one more in a nearby town,was told Walmart would no longer carry them.Went to Walmarts website and got 4 more.Hoping I can find something real similar before my current stock is worn out.

I wear my womens jeans every day,Work,play,with family and friends.Only thing ever said to me was when my son,(31 years old) mentioned that my new jeans looked kind of tight.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Teri Ray View Post
    I like womens jeans. I have several pairs. I find they fit me well. I am not fond of the shallow pockets.
    The perfect excuse to carry your things in a purse,I really enjoy having empty pockets.
    Joan58

Yep, Me too. The only mens pants/trousers i have are for when i need to attend a meeting or for work. All my clothes most days are from the womens rack, just plain enough to know i am dressed, but not get any stares from other people while out. A lot of my shoes also come from the womens section too. I just dont flaunt it.

And as Joan said, the perfect excuse for a bag too.

Banned Read only
    Charlotte7 you came to the right person for girl jeans advice, ME. Suggest you look at boot cut regular waist jeans in light or dark blue, tan or black. They are made by all countries so a size 12 made in the U.S.A. will probialy be larger than a pair made in China or Thiland so you really need to try them on. Since this is your first outing wearing girl jeans no one will notice, guaranteed if they aren't painted on tight. Also since they are made for ladies you need to tuck with panties that will hold you for the flat front/no male bulge. I have on now a pair of women's boot cut jeans, tan that go beautifully over my 3" heel tan bootie. Bought at WalMart for $16.87. I selected two pair, went in the changing room and bought the pair that fit best. SA's are always nice. If you aren't ready for this buy several pair, try them at home and return. If you wear heeled boots as I think look so good with them buy "long" and it will cover most of the feminine heel. BTW women's heeled boots look much, much better than cowboy boots that make your foot look twice as long and it adds to feeling feminine. Just love how walking in heels makes you/me feel so feminine. Also go to a thrift store and try several pair on, they cost $4.00. Men's jeans do not fit the butt, to much material or the front, course material but are O.K. for dirty, rough work. For "casual", girl boot cut jeans fit a man's body very nicely just like they do on a woman. Add a girl's belt.

As your confidence builds some "more feminine" girl jeans have embellished rear pockets, white accent stitching and are made from soft denium and when worn fairly tight feels noticeably feminine against nylon panties and tucked of course.

As I see it wearing women's clothes that look and fit better is just being on the cutting edge of what's to come and be accepted.

If your wife offers wear her clothes, a cheap option until you get your own.

Most of us wear trousers and tops, just like the girls do.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I have plenty of women’s jeans. Unless they’re embroidered, no-one will notice.

I’ve never had to tuck when wearing them, but the small pockets mean that you’ll need a satchel or similar for your stuff.

It took me a little while to get used to not having keys, wallet and phone in my pockets, but I’m happy I made the switch.

Michelle

Aspiring Member
    I have some boot-cut ladies jeans that I've worn for some time. They even have the zip seen in the opposite way (to be done up with the left hand) which seems to be less common now.
    My wife, who is DADT, still hasn't noticed that they are ladies jeans.
    All my other ladies jeans are close fitting, stretch denim, so they definitely look like ladies jeans. I once went to the supermarket wearing a pair, and I received a couple of strange looks, but on the whole, most people don't notice.

Banned Read only
    I agree with Phili. There is a reason that many women actually hate shopping for jeans. You need to try on many pairs then try on many more. Just because they fit at the waist doesn't mean they will look good on your butt. Although shopping at thrift stores will be cheaper you should go to a store with a lot of different styles and sizes for your first pair. It might freak you out going to a store to try them on but guys have been buying girl jeans for over a decade now. Several rock stars would buy women's jeans because they couldn't find any that men's jeans that were tight enough and not look baggy.

For your first pair I would buy something more classic. Buy something in a dark wash and in a skinny or straight leg fit. Unless you are actually wearing them with boots, bootcut jeans are pretty passe now. Most girls are still wearing skinny jeans, they refuse to die. Definitely avoid anything with embroidery on them. They will make you look like you are trying too hard to buy "girl" jeans.

I like J Brand and Frame Denim but I won't be surprised if most people here find them way too expensive. Higher end jeans do look better in the rear though if you have have the body type to pull them off.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte7 View Post
    Largely encouraged by many stories that I've read on this forum, I've decided that it's time for me to take my dressing into a new direction. I'm thinking about changing what I wear and also where I wear it. I've always been a skirts and tops, (worn only at home), girl but now I'm thinking about trousers, and in particular jeans. I've settled on ladies jeans as they can be quite feminine, but also, they can be sufficiently androgynous to be worn in public. In this way, I can take my dressing beyond the front door. In this way, I can be out and about and see what it's like to wear (one article of) ladies clothes in public. I'm sure that I won't disappear in a puff of smoke and all will be ok. Yesterday, I mentioned this to my wife and her immediate reaction was "Do you wan't to try a pair of mine?" So, now I'm in the market for a pair of jeans. It'll be interesting to see where this leads if I can get confidence in being outside in ladies clothes. How do others here get on with ladies jeans? What styles are best to go for?
    I had a long reply written out, but the forum decided to make me re-log in. Good Luck.
    Mostly a "manly man" but sometimes I really am overcome with an inner desire...

I love women's jeans. As I have lost weight, I have donated all but one pair of my men's jeans, replacing them with women's. The only men's pair I have now is a pair of button fly Levi's.

Although it isn't for everybody, I personally look for women's jeans that have some embellishment on the back pockets. They aren't over the top, but they definitely don't look like men's jeans either. At first I worried about what others might think, but in the few years I have been wearing them, I haven't had a single negative experience.

I solved the problem of the small pockets by getting a small trifold wallet, which I place sideways in my left front pocket. My keys go in the right front pocket, and my phone goes into a back pocket.

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

Silver Member
    Darla if you took a long time to write a reply do select all and copy. If forum sends you the re-log in all you have to do is log back in and paste your comment. I'm a slow responder and run into "you took too long" often. lol

As for wearing jeans and other women's clothes. I have progressed to the point that I don't own any mens ware except for an old tux, suit, and sport coat. You have enough good information about jeans. Years ago I started moving toward women's tops. I've purchased blouses/shirts that were obviously women's and opened to the left. Most people don't notice. One blouse I wore to a party and while there one of the women came up and said I like your top. She was waring the same blouse. She did run her hand across my back which confirmed that I was wearing a bra. She smiled and went to eat. If you are going to dress more and be out you have to accept that some might recognize what you are wearing. I was with one of our daughters at a bar when she pointed out that a guy was wearing a certain brand of women's jeans. I wouldn't have noticed but the jeans were low cut and the jeans were showing the stiching which she recognized and were showing his crack. Had he not been loud and obnoxious.

Aspiring Member
    Thanks for all the replies and advice. I like the suggestion that I try a number of pairs on in a shop to find the correct fit for me, We'll have to see where this leads, what happens and how quickly I get there. Once again, thanks.

Darla, I always highlight and copy my posts (even this one) before I press submit, just in case. This does mean that when I use my phone I have to clear the clipboard (I don't want my thoughts on "Marjorie's" new dress to inadvertently appear in a Facebook post ) but that's a small price compared to losing a well thought out post.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I find female jeans are a devil to get right sizewise,But if your brave enough you can,as I do,try some on in store mix in with guy jeans nobody will really notice. I do love the look of jeans (I prefer bootcut or on ocassion a skinny jeans style) boots nice top/sweater and jacket and it's one of my go to outfits I wear when enjoying time in amongst the general public

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Thanks for the private note Charlotte. I’ll try to remember what I posted last night.

My first wearing of women’s jeans in public was by accident. Not to disturb my then GF, now wife, I dressed in the dark one morning. I didn’t pay much attention while getting dressed, but a little later in the day it dawned on me that the pockets were too shallow. I had accidentally worn a pair of her Chic jeans. At that time in my life, I wore Wranglers only. I was an ex rodeo cowboy, and still am an avid motorcyclist. When I got home that evening, I told her what I had done, she asked me to turn around, and commented that my butt looked better in them than hers did.

Since then, I have bought several pair of women’s jeans. I like Lee Riders, and have also worn her Rockies and Lawmans. If I’m going out in public, I prefer the Lee’s because they really don’t look too much different from men’s jeans, but they are more comfortable, with the stretchy fabric. I’ve also discovered that I like the men’s jeans from Old Navy for the same reason. The stretchy fabric is comfortable and allows me to buy a slightly smaller size so that they fit my derrière better.

If I’m out shopping, I will go to the women’s section and pick up the jeans I think I want, then go to the men’s and pick up a couple as well. I’ve never gotten a weird look when I went to the dressing room. If I like what I’ve got, I’ll walk out and hand the SA the men’s jeans and continue up front to make my purchase.

One more thing, if you haven’t already tried on you wife’s jeans, do so before going shopping. At least it will get you in the ballpark size wise.
    Last edited by Darla L; 09-12-2018 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Add to post
    Mostly a "manly man" but sometimes I really am overcome with an inner desire...