Thread: I was asked to be in a talent show...i am very hesitant to do so

I was asked to be in a talent show...i am very hesitant to do so

Avenue manager requested i attend...for those that have any pros/cons..ty

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    First, do you have a talent you can showcase?

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Good point Margella. Whether or not to enter a talent show is dependant on being talented at something. Not sure dress wearing counts as a talent.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Not enuff info to give u even a "bad guess" opinion, Michelle!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I agree with Daisy and Robby. I have performed in a talent show at the clubs where the drag shows occur. I was in drag when I performed three times and as a singer in drab twice.
    Sow we ask, What type of place is the "Avenue"? What type of performance is the is the manager looking for you to do? Can you do the performance the manager is asking from you.
    I am almost willing to bet it is in a drag related situation. But I could be wrong.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

I can't sing, dance, juggle or twirl plates. Not sure what I would do.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I am forever the show person.

I can get up on stage and have the audience speechless.

I have also checked my escape routes before I do my act.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    As long as you were not invited just to make in into a "freak show" and you have the talent, then why not?

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyLawrence View Post
    Good point Margella. Whether or not to enter a talent show is dependant on being talented at something. Not sure dress wearing counts as a talent.
    Danny LaRue didn't do so badly
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Several years ago, I was asked to be in a fund raiser variety show. There were six of us...all guys...all dressed, to the nines, singing “A Pretty Girl is like a Melody”...old song. I acted like...no way...but with some encouragement from my wife, I agreed....gladly. At first, we were supposed to be outrageous but, a professional makeup artist agreed to do her best to make us look as feminine as possible. We all agreed. My big chance! My wife helped, too. Little did they know..😉. Out came hip and butt pads, heels and hose, forms, etc. had never worn false eyelashes before. After the show, several of us received compliments. My wife and I just smiled. So...go for it.

I had a similar request as NancySue did and I decided to participate and it was wonderful. If I have another request I will go ahead and do it again.

Do it, Do it, Do it. I have a ball when I am performing, in either gender outfits.
    I also have done Karaoke dressed either way but do have a bit of a problem mastering my female voice. Try a lip-sync number.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 09-11-2018 at 05:46 PM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Whether or not to enter a talent show is dependent on being talented at something. Not sure dress wearing counts as a talent

Uhhh --- striptease?

(sorry, couldn't help it)