Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do u wear a wedding ring or do something else to keep from being bothered?

Do u wear a wedding ring or do something else to keep from being bothered?

The few times I've been out to bars during Halloween, I've been "hit" on by men. I now want to "steel" myself to go out in public during the day, blend in, and simply be left alone. Ideally, I'd enjoy going to a coffee shop, have a drink, and surf the internet. But, I'm concerned that people (particularly men) may approach me and want to talk. Will wearing a women's wedding ring or doing something else keep people at bay? I remember my wife telling me stories of just going to get groceries or shopping in a department store and having men, on occasion, follow her around...real creepy and I don't want to experience anything like that.

Nikki
    Last edited by nikkiwindsor; 09-12-2018 at 02:55 PM.
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

A wedding ring will not stop anyone who is intent on “getting to know you”. In fact, some guys prefer to hit on married women because they feel both have something to hide from their spouses.

IMO, just wear your wedding ring proudly and be ready with a polite response if someone approaches you that you would rather not talk to.
    Last edited by char GG; 09-12-2018 at 06:31 AM.

Nikki, I wear my men's wedding ring with an engagement ring. However, I was planning on getting this at amazon: Newshe Wedding Rings For Women Engagement Ring Set 925 Sterling Silver 2.4Ct Round White AAA Cz Size 5-12. Its only $32.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Hi Nikki, I do wear my wedding ring. I never take it off, but that doesn't stop some men. I think you'll find it happens much less in the daytime that in the evenings.

A few weeks ago my wife and I were shopping, and we stopped in a McDonalds for lunch. I assume we look like two women just out doing normal shopping things. But as I got my drink, I noticed a guy, construction worker type, looking at me. He was smiling and gave me the raised eyebrow nod. I ignored him. When we sat down I told my wife, looked over again and he was still looking at me, and still smiling. I rolled my eyes, looked away and never looked back. My wife got a kick out of it.

I was also recently in a grocery store. When the cashier rang up my stuff I reached in my purse to pull out the debit card. When I looked up he was leaning forward looking down my top.

I have no attraction to men. There's just nothing there (for me). But it is a creepy feeling, maybe one that women have to put up with every day. I don't like it, but I accept it and feel its part of the experience of being a woman. At the best, I think I'm an ugly old fat woman, so I don't know what these guys are looking at anyway.

x27.jpg
    Stephanie

Nikki, as the other girls have already said, a wedding band on your finger isn't going to stop any man who is "interested". I was hit on at Southern Comfort by a gentleman who preferred girls like us. I must add that his was a gentleman about it and left me alone when I explained I wasn't interested. I wouldn't expect that to be the case.

My suggestion, just follow the guide that genetic women use to fend off unwelcome advances. It seems to be something they're born with! I mentioned this to my two daughters and they agreed!

Oh, and I wear a smaller wedding band and engagement ring set (cubic zirconia) when I'm dressed.

I don't wear a ring for that purpose, but I do wear other jewelry. I obviously don't get out much but I like the distraction that bracelets and a fake wedding ring next to my men's wedding ring. Just for the flair.

I don't know if it keeps people away or not but I do wear a wedding band/engagement ring set when I go out and I haven't had a problem yet. Perhaps it's when and where I choose to go or maybe I'm just too old and ugly
    Last edited by Elizabeth G; 09-12-2018 at 08:09 AM.

I am too ugly to be bothered by anyone, only a short sighted blind man would want to feel me up. :-)

I already have a wedding ring.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Hmmmmm....
    maybe I should be drinking more of what you're drinking.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Just go out and enjoy yourself, men are pigs and will hit on anything resembling a woman, there is nothing you can do to dissuade them. I usually tell admirers that I like girls and then try to ignore them.

Men's wedding ring on the left. Cheap solitaire on the right. I don't mind anyone trying to get to know me, even if they are hitting on me. They usually are just curious or offering compliments.
    Inside my heart is breaking
    My make-up may be flaking
    But my smile still stays on

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Yep I wear a wedding set in 100% girl mode.

I don't know why anyone would think this could work. I never notice wedding rings. That's how I know I'm really a typical male. My wife always notices these things.

Banned Read only
    Nikki,
    I'm not a great ring wearer because I have fat fingers , so rings don't suit me very much . Besides I had a painful accident when wearing a ring while working on a car , somehow I managed to short out the battery with my ring and sustained a very bad burn .

I have had a pass made at me and I don't think wearing a ring would have made any difference .

So uhhhh you come here often? Is that the ice breaker.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I wear the set I have because it looks nice and it has caused a few men to think twice.
    I was in a club with a few GG friends and when a guy hit on me one of the girls said sir she is married can't you see the rings?
    I did declined the drink and the dance from the guy.He just wasn't my type.
    The lady at the table next to us said guys just don't look to see if a woman is married or not do they?
    The whole point is a wedding band or set is very important to most women and if that is what we wish to emulate its just another item to complete the look.

The ring set I have.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tracii G; 09-12-2018 at 01:33 PM.

Silver Member
    Very pretty, Tracii .. the rings! The rings, I mean (grin).
    I wear a wedding ring set whenever I go out girly just to complete the feminine look, plus a pretty pinky ring next to it, and a ring on my right ring finger. I doubt a guy would hit on me because of my age, but the conversation might be fun, if one did. So, yes .. wear wedding set rings, with stones. Note: Wally world has a nice selection of them in the jewelry department. I believe they go up to a size 10. They are pretty and not expensive.

My current rings are expandable, but the elastic is wearing out. I had to order my new size 12 rings on line, and really have to manipulate them to get them over my swollen knuckle.

Do any of you know where I can get a new set of expandable ones???

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    A faux diamond wedding ring is always on my hand when going out. I just stopped by a dept. store rack one day and tried some on til I found a suitable look and size. Given Halloween is coming, may want to accessorize with a garlic necklace to ward off evil too lol
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

My wedding ring never, ever comes off

I always wear my wedding ring (except when swinging a sledge hammer to split wood).
    When en femme, I add a cheap engagement ring with a cubic zirconium stone.
    I'm married, and not interested in advances.
    I haven't been hit on, but that could be as much because of my looks as my rings.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    My wedding ring is a Celtic design and I think could pass as a female ring,I always wear it in either mode,but as has been said a few times I dont think it would put a Lot of "admirers" off pursuing you,it certainly hasn't on the (admittedly few times) it has happened to me

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I am not married.
    I have a turquoise and bear claw ring on the left hand. When out in a dress I rotate the stone to the palm side. I have two people who regularly hit on me in one of the clubs. They know I am a male but then they are gay. It is a mild try each time. They are intelligent and we have nice chats. They have NEVER invited me out any where. One did want me to enter into his business but I passed. I have the advantage of 4" of height (without heels) and at least 50 pounds. Now one of the woman club owners has a friend who is sweet on me. She is 7 years my senior. Small and dainty like my late wife. I'm 74.

Humm. I have noticed that only married women tend to wear a string of pearls.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 09-12-2018 at 05:48 PM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Majella St Gerard View Post
    [...]men are pigs.[...]
    Hey, go easy on the male bashing, hun. I know more than a few men who are perfectly fine people. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that some of my best friends are men.

Nikki, the wedding band may be an effective secondary barrier, but by the time a guy has seen your hand, he'll already have had a good look at everything else.

The most effective barrier you can have, in my opinion, is a pair of sunglasses. The ability to choose with whom you have eye contact is very useful. Just a matter of finding a pair that works for you.

I like your new dress, btw.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    My wedding ring hasn't been off my finger since it first went on over 31 years ago. It hasn't stopped women hitting on me in while I was in drab, (rarely I'll admit), it didn't stop two guys wanting to 'buy me a drink' on a night out in Manchester's gay village. If a person is interested a band of gold is, more often than not, not going to stop them.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I always wear my wedding ring. I haven't taken it off since I was married over 40 years ago, except for medical treatment when my hands may swell up. When en femme, I add an inexpensive CZ "engagement ring" that happens to have 3 relatively large stones.

I have been hit on by a man who thought I was a woman, a man who knew that I was a CD, a Bi woman who knew I was a CD, a few CDs who knew I was CD and GG woman who knew I was a CD (I think). I'm totally not interested in the men, but I did flirt with all the women, even the CDs. I'm married, so flirting is as far as I let it go, except maybe a kiss or two.

As for the men, I have a new line that I haven't had the chance to try out, "Sorry, but I'm only interested in women."
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.