Thread: Eye Lid Surgery

Eye Lid Surgery

Hi all, I am getting Upper eyelid blepharoplasty in October, I wonder if anyone here has ever had this done, If Yes, how long until the scar disappeared, how long until able to go out and not feel self conscious about it.

Thanks

Samantha

Hi, Samantha.
    I had a bilateral blepharoplasty a few months ago, to correct blepharoptosis (too much eyelid and not enough space to fold it up when not using it). The condition was actually affecting my peripheral vision.

My first couple of days post-op were not without some ...events, but everything is now long healed and no visible scar unless you pull up my upper eyelids to expose the fold where the surgeon hid the incision. You're going to look like you lost a fight for a week or so. It's delicate tissue and even with careful manipulation, some tissue trauma is inevitable, adding bruising and swelling to the sutures. Sutures came out at ten days, IIRC, and by week six everything was thoroughly healed.

Just follow the aftercare instructions and in all likelihood, your discomfort will be minimal and your healing speedy and complete.
    Good luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Kelly View Post
    Hi, Samantha.
    I had a bilateral blepharoplasty a few months ago, to correct blepharoptosis (too much eyelid and not enough space to fold it up when not using it). The condition was actually affecting my peripheral vision.

My first couple of days post-op were not without some ...events, but everything is now long healed and no visible scar unless you pull up my upper eyelids to expose the fold where the surgeon hid the incision. You're going to look like you lost a fight for a week or so. It's delicate tissue and even with careful manipulation, some tissue trauma is inevitable, adding bruising and swelling to the sutures. Sutures came out at ten days, IIRC, and by week six everything was thoroughly healed.

Just follow the aftercare instructions and in all likelihood, your discomfort will be minimal and your healing speedy and complete.
    Good luck to you.
    Thank you, In Canada if the fold interferes with your vision medical will cover it, but for me after the tests it wasn't enough of an obstruction.

Sometimes its not so bad, but then I have days where its terrible.

So im paying out of pocket, be happy to have it done.

lol.. my eyes will look 20 again.

My experience was nearly identical to Aunt Kelly’s except that the vision cut was upper visual field. This was about a year ago and gravity is starting to win again.