Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: do you dress because the wife doesn't?

hello all,
    many thanks for your replies. I did not intend for the discussion to get heated - sorry.
    As I said originally - I would guess that none (or very few) of us started cross-dressing because our partners' taste in clothes was not "girly" (feminine).
    The discussion seems to indicate that it is just a coincidence that we have more "girly" clothes than our partners. Could it simply be that we shopaholics?
    luv J

i was actually enabled by my wife! She had insecurities about me being employed due to my age and not dressing better. Since I'm too small for 36S suits and 30" pants there is nothing I can buy in a men's clothing store. But, since every conceivable style comes in women's small, she suggested buying women's clothes in men's styles. And, couldn't help getting some VS PJs... Come to think of it she even suggested underdressing in panties, but it just didn't register at the time.. A factor may be that my size 2 figure is more girly than many GGs.

Fashion tip. Guys clothes are always loose fitting so you want to go up a little. Women's clothes are form fitting so you want to go down a little so the spandex stretches.

I certainly have the "shopping" gene. When I took over buying groceries our expenses went way down!
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 09-16-2018 at 07:17 AM.

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Many, many years ago, when I was still happily married, I bought my wife at the time 3 sets of matching bra, panties and garter belt with stockings for Christmas in an effort to 'spice things up'. I also bought her 2 baby doll nightie sets. She sort of laughed embarrassingly when she opened them. However, other than 1 of the nighties, she refused to wear any of the lingerie. I think she thought that "good girls" don't wear that sort of thing....only bad or "loose" women wear that. So...... unbeknownst to her, I took them back, and wore them myself! She had completely forgotten they were even there. It was around the very first time that I started crossdressing. Over the years, she started to go the opposite way, wearing very matronly clothes. They were ok, but not in the manner or style she used to wear. Now, when I dress, I like to wear very sexy things....possibly in compensation for that?
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

I, too, have always liked sexy lingerie more than my wife liked it. I love her the way she is, as I want her to love me as I am. And that’s working out pretty well.

I have dressed since I was around 7 year's old, so obviously long before I met my wife, BUT there has been a direct link between my wife never wearing any clothes that I like and my own dressing. The more my wife dresses in frumpy, manly clothes, and the more I see beautiful, well-dressed women in society, the more I crave and yearn to dress in skirts, dresses and all that. So for me, yes, there IS a link, albeit part of a complex mix of reasons why I CD.