Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Told my daughter, Mistake or?

Told my daughter, Mistake or?

Wife has been very angry with me since she basically found out two years ago that she married a cross-dresser.
    So arguments about anything since then have always lasted over a week.

Today my daughter said she hated that mom was always mad.
    My wife told her that dad has allot more issues than she knows about.

Well my daughter came down stairs crying and asked why moms so mad all the time.

I said "I don't know if I should tell you but I crossed-dressed a bunch of times over the years and mom found out and it sickens her".
    My daughter said "I don't see what the big deal is?"

I feel bad that my daughter's taking it pretty bad that my wife won't except me.
    Wife said I'm a deceiving, lying, ******************!

I hope telling my daughter wasn't a mistake.

Isn't life as a crossed-dressed FUN?

I think I better PURGE before my stash puts another nail in my coffin!
    Wish me luck.
    Last edited by Judy-Somthing; 09-15-2018 at 07:02 PM. Reason: typo
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Wow, sounds as if you thought that one through.

Out of curiosity, how old is your daughter?
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

My wife hates it also. Wish i had the courage to tell my teens about my skeletons. Believe me, my love for dressing is just the icing on the meatloaf...

My daughter is 23. I told her not to tell anyone and the first thing she did was tell my son.
    He said "LOL it's not something I'm into but I don't care!"

This should be interesting.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Quote, " Wife said I'm a deceiving, lying, ******************!"
    Quote, " I think I better PURGE before my stash puts another nail in my coffin!"

I think that all the nails are already in place, she is just waiting to put you into the coffin and close the lid! You may purge, but the itch will probably come back with a vengeance, just like it has in the past. I don't envy your position having to choose between your marriage and CD'ing. The choosing will not be easy, all you have to do is ask yourself who wins the battles in your household and will the next time be any different!
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

I would suggest finding a counselor to speak with for you and your wife and maybe one for yourself alone. I did this myself to help myself with issues of shame and guilt about my dressing. The couples counseling to help my wife and I work through several issues including my CDing. It has helped tremendously.
    "I aim to misbehave..." - Malcom Reynolds
    "I always behave, whether it's good or bad is a completely different story!" - Me

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Bottom line is that your marraige is over, you just haven't accepted it yet. Your lovely wife will blame the crossdressinmg as they always do but it's over anyway, crossdressing is just the excuse she needs to transfer blame. Move on.

First off, im so sorry for what you are going through.

This from your daughter was the best thing to come out of it,, "My daughter said "I don't see what the big deal is?""

Asking your daughter not to tell your Son, well good luck with that.

For me if I lost my wife but at least had my kids that would be good enough for me.

Having your daughter on your side will be bigger than you can imagine.

Good Luck.

Aspiring Member
    I don't think it is the place of anyone on this site to tell someone their marriage is over. You don't know this. Yes, his wife is mad at him, but about deception rather than cross-dressing. Being mad at a partner happens in most relationships and most people get over it. If you feel that intervention is justified, then be constructive, not judgemental. I have had someone interfere in one of my relationships and I have never forgiven the interferer. I don't blame the interferer for what happened next - my partner made her own decisions (nothing to do with the cross-dressing, which she knew about) but interference in other relationships is wrong, with the exception of a relationship that is abusive.

The next problem could be your wife thinking the three of you are against her. You need outside help.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by susan54 View Post
    interference in other relationships is wrong, with the exception of a relationship that is abusive.
    I'm not so sure - and define interference. Sometimes it can be helpful to see things through another person's eyes. The key is in whether or not there is a hidden agenda.

When someone writes on this forum, they are effectively inviting opinion. Some feedback is useful, some isn't, but getting our feelings off our chests is the forum's main purpose. Sifting through what we read, deciding what to ignore or to heed, is the whole point.
    I used to have a short attention spa

Well said Nikki. I assume susan54 was addressing her criticism at me and my post. This is not interference but an observation from an outsider looking in. I draw my conclusion from the myriad of posts that Judy has made regarding her wife, especially the recent ones. Don't forget that since telling her wife two years ago about her cross-dressing she did not cross-dress at all until recently and has since done so in secret and yet the hostility has grown enormously over the last few weeks and months (assuming Judy's posts are accurate). For someone who had a complaint 2 years ago and who seemingly won the argument and got their way ever since, Judy's wife should not be behaving as she is. It seems to me that this marraige is in terminal decline and that obeservation may be helpful to Judy. I may be wrong and she may well choose to ingnore my opinion but never the less it is an honest conclusion drawn and offered so that it may be helpful. If you want to live in a fantasy world where help is only given if it is positive and withdrawn if it is negative then I suggest you join the fairy and unicorn lovers forum where everything in life is flowery and cute and everyone lives happily ever after.

Of my 4 daughters (3 oldest are step daughters), they all tell mum to chill/relax it's not a big deal.
    Luckily my wife doesn't mind, so long as it's not in the local area.

My wife's first husband was abusive, she likes having a more empathetic husband.
    I think your kids will help you, maybe persuade mum to live in the new century.

If you purge, become the "man" of the house, control all the finances, make all the decisions, take up golf and drinking for many hours each weekend, and if wife doesn't like it, just tell her your "the man" of the house and in charge.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Hi Judy

I know you are in a difficult pace right now. Firstly the good news is you don't have to worry about your son or daughter. Now they know and don't have an issue with your dressing.

I don't think it was a mistake because you were being honest and your wife can not threaten to tell them.

I would suggest you ask the kids not to get involved but be honest if your wife asks them.

You might need professional help to get through this with your wife.

I disagree with Daisy about the marriage being over.

You think your marriage is worth fighting for and that's all that matters.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly Preston View Post
    I disagree with Daisy about the marriage being over.
    Good. I hope you are right and I am wrong. I base my assumption on all Judy's recent posts and in particular on Judy's recent thread about why people hate crossdressing so much. In this thread she appeared to state (or at least infur) that her wife was ending 39 years of marraige because of it. My and your opinion matter little in this respect, the one that does is Judy's wife. So, Judy, I guess the question is, does your wife think your marraige is over? Yes/no, nothing cryptic this time.

Or maybe move on sounds to me based on the post I have read. That she isn't getting over this anytime soon or ever.

Platinum Member
    I won’t predict the future. My perspective is skewed by my own experience. What I will suggest is that you and your wife sit down and talk this through....with a mediator or therapist. The goal may not be acceptance or understanding. It may be to enable your wife to face the circumstances without having anger spill over into other aspects of her life and relationships.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Judy, if she has been using this as a threat you may have defused it, but you may have made it worse as your wife may think her ability to control you is slipping away. Only time will tell.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Judy, I hope this works out to your advantage in the long run. I wish I had the nerve to tell my grown daughters, but alas I don't. an open and honest relationship is always the best defense but sometimes risky. I have thought often about telling them and getting this thing out in the open, at least a little. My wife's attitude on DATD, not in my sight, is the best I can hope for right now. But my desire to dress is growing more and more. I went to the mall dressed yesterday for the 4th time. she would probably explode if she new. Hugg's
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

From your daughter's reply and the understanding of the younger generation I think you may have done well.

Just see and don't push it or PURGE either.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Judy, I agree with Kristina K, a good counselor could be of great help in your current situation. We may all have opinions, but unless we are trained counselors with a lot of experience, it's all pretty much shoot-from-the -hip armchair quarterbacking, and worth what you pay for it, like all advice..

It's a very difficult place to be in, one most of us either fear, if it hasn't happened, or wrestle with if it has. For myself, I will never share this with anyone and don't feel the need to..I keep all of my Julie things an hour away in storage..but then I can go months at a time not dressing and be OK with that. But many close calls in the past when I did keep the girl stuff hidden at home taught me that the potential carnage in my life if discovered was not worth the risk, or the pleasure if I fully indulged my desire to dress.
    I have often wondered what I would do if discovered..knowing that the desire to CD will never truly go away, and can only be managed to a degree..and everyone is different in this regard..

Hopefully you can do some soul searching, find a counselor and get your wife to buy in, and explore together what is possible..best of luck to you both

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyLawrence View Post
    I base my assumption on all Judy's recent posts and in particular on Judy's recent thread about why people hate crossdressing so much. In this thread she appeared to state (or at least infur) that her wife was ending 39 years of marraige because of it.
    I have been kind of thinking the same thing. Judy's posts have been very telling.

Judy, I am of the opinion that the situation has been untenable for a long time. As in, do something about it or accept your fate and stop complaining. Unless complaining is a form of catharsis that helps you cope in which case we're all ears. Sounds harsh but I cannot think of another way to put it but there has been a consistency in your words that cannot be ignored. You are in a situation that I cannot even begin to fathom and therefore I am absolutely unqualified to offer reasonable advice as to how to see it to a positive conclusion.

And I still believe you told your daughter for the wrong reason at the wrong time. That should have been thought through more to help ensure a more positive outcome.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Banned Read only
    Judy,
    PLEASE, PLEASE !! Don't purge it's admitting you are the guilty party , you may or may not have done the right thing but stop feeling guilty and taking drastic steps it won't make any difference to how your wife feels or does !

I've been in this situation and you are heading in the right direction although you can't see it yet , you are finally being honest with yourself and accepting it by telling your daughter . I said on many occasions you won't stop so you have to find ways to work round your wife , it's not your problem it's hers for being so inflexible .

Your daughter is 23 , mine is in her 40s now so we have to accept she's an adult and makes adult decisions she is furious with my wife over her treatment of me , she has seen me dressed and so has her husband and little girl , they don't have a problem but my wife is trying to stop it happening , my daughter told her to mind her own business . CDing is not the core of the problem , losing control is the basic problem your wife has the same problem she is a contol freak just like mine !

The one problem is your daughter is stuck in the middle of an awkward situation but don't feel you are the guilty party it takes two for this situation to happen , I can tell you now you this is the point when you have to decide who comes first , at least you have an ally but don't overplay that card .

The other point you have to decide is where you are on the TG road , you keep saying you are just a CDer but I feel there is more to it, you've done it for so many years and whatever label you use it isn't going away . At this stage telling your wife all the clothing has gone and promising her you will never dress again isn't going to make any difference , believe me the damage is done , you can't wind the clock back .

I know I'm speaking from my own experience but look back through my archives and you will see a very familiar pattern , please PM me if you do want to talk more .

Do we ask about a marriage being over or do we talk about a person's personal happiness , sadly the two don't always go together, I'm happier and so is my wife , OK I now admit my wife now appears to be realising the mistakes she's made and what she has lost judging by her last Email . Some keep pushing counselling but it only works if both parties participate , I would return home and try and talk to a brick wall. I had no where to go with the outcome of my counselling and yet I was the one with a problem that needed to be fixed ! I feel my wife was naive enough to think counselling was a cure , if we'd done it jointly the outcome may have been different .

The main advice I can give is that you are going to have to become stronger , your wife is a bully we know that from many previous threads of yours , she won't stop until you find ways to stop her . I won't go into too much detail but things can turn very nasty at times if you don't take action soon , everyone has a breaking point , it can go several ways , you may either have a total breakdown and even consider taking your own life (as I did !) or you may flip and become violent . The one thing I really hate my wife for now is she drove me to that situation she changed me as a person , she turned me into something I wasn't , I can tell you it isn't a nice feeling . Thankfully I'm gradually getting her out of my system but 44 year's worth is going to take some time . I don't mind being honest because if I can stop one member here going through the same situation I will have done some good !
    Last edited by Teresa; 09-13-2018 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by susan54 View Post
    Yes, his wife is mad at him, but about deception rather than cross-dressing..
    This is a common theme that I think is dead wrong. We can only judge based on our own experiences, but in my case there was NO deception and it was 100% about the crossdressing! I think in Judy's case it's 100% about the crossdressing. Her wife HATES it. It disgusts her on a visceral level, and she find Judy disgusting because she does it. Yes, I'm projecting just a little.

I have to agree with Sara and Daisy. This is horrible. Purging won't matter one little bit. The level of hatred and disgust that some people have with crossdressers is something we cannot comprehend.

Banned Read only
    Shely,
    You can believe me they do explode , I've had two recent explosions even being separated , All to do with being control freaks and not so much the CDing issue , I'm sure you will see this an many cases .