Thread: First visit to endocrinologist

First visit to endocrinologist

Have my first appointment with an endocrinologist on Tuesday. What can I expect?

some questions about your expectations and probably blood work. hard to tell because every Endo is going to do it their way.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Have your medical history and a list of all medications available. You will probably need to give up a couple vials of blood so they have a baseline. There may be questions not only about your expectations and physical health but mental health as well. You may be asked about your support system. All those questions would be to make sure the changes you will eventually experience will be ones that enhance your life overall, rather than complicate it further. I received a folder full of resources to take home along with a copy of paperwork I signed indicating I was fully aware of the potential benefits, changes and possible negative consequences that could follow the start of Hormone Therapy.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Thanks for the replies. It went just as you said. Blood work good now time to start!

and now your journey begins