Thread: I Went MIAD

I Went MIAD

Never thought I would, but I went out in Provincetown in MIAD mode. No wig, no makeup, 4 days unshaven, wearing a short, pleated, plaid skirt, bra and forms, and a lace tank top, and flip flops. I thought it looked good and it felt good. Got some looks and even a compliment on the skirt from a pretty young lady. Visited a few bars, ate at one, watched some karaoke in a crowded, well lit club. I was probably looking for a little shock value, and the thrill, but I honestly felt very comfortable as a MIAD/S (skirt). I've worn the same skirt on the beach before, but this was different. Out amongst the muggles with nothing to hide.
    Inside my heart is breaking
    My make-up may be flaking
    But my smile still stays on

I think that you just gave me a moment!
    An Awe, wish I was there dressed the same moment ( tartan though )
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Inside my heart is breaking
    My make-up may be flaking
    But my smile still stays on

Good for you Julie. I am no fan of very short skirts but if you like it go for it. The more the MIAD exposure there is the better for all of us.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

Good for you! It is a revelation to find out we don't have to hide.

It is after all just normal behavior- wearing something you feel comfortable in and expecting safety, and simply enjoying being able to dress the way we feel we want to.
    We are all beautiful...!

Awesome, sounds like a fun day.

I do admire any one that can do the MIAD thing. I think that may be more of a solution to getting acceptance to CD than all the makeup and glitter. I think very few of us really pass 100% and just baby steps in leading the public to a change in attitude of " hey so what and it's only clothes" thinking would have to be a win win for us all.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylyn View Post
    I do admire any one that can do the MIAD thing. I think that may be more of a solution to getting acceptance to CD than all the makeup and glitter. I think very few of us really pass 100% and just baby steps in leading the public to a change in attitude of " hey so what and it's only clothes" thinking would have to be a win win for us all.
    I agree with you, but it really is a chicken and egg thing - the more you see, the more there'll be, but until that happens, it requires a lot of courage to get on out there. But, yes, I agree with you on the acceptance thing - there are loads (like me) who could never pass, but why should that stop us being out and about? But then, the chicken and egg thing happens again.

I think you've got something there with that chicken and egg thing.

For me, it's all about being a chicken! Or not.

All kidding aside, I truly admire those who are brave enough to do this. I am still working on the bravery thing for when I am fully dressed as a woman. I don't know whether I will ever have the guts to forgo the wig and makeup in public, but that is the way I would prefer.

People like you give the rest of us hope!

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

I think people show less interest in the miad look than if you are fully dressed and trying to pass.

I feel as a miad all you are doing is trying to make a statement.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.