Hello to all!
Friday, I had an appt. seeing a therapist whose specialty is the transgender community. I was surprised on the way to see her that I wasn't as nervous as I thought I would be. I told my therapist I was at a place in my life where I wanted to really understand myself and I was trying to figure out where I might be on the gender spectrum. I have long since suspected I am way more than just a crossdresser.
Anyhow, this was just an assessment( I guess to determine how to proceed?)
After our time together flew by, we started to discuss regular meetings and her desire to meet Janet in person down the road ( I was in male mode ). She also mentioned at the appropriate time the subject of transition, HRT, family stability, etc. would be discussed. I was floored by that. I left feeling more confused than before going in. I literally had to pull over to the side of the road to try and get a handle on my feelings. I must have had 100 different thoughts and feelings bouncing around my head at once. From elation to terror.
I could not concentrate on anything. If her job as a therapist was to really shake up the status quo in my head, she did an excellant job. Even though it was 1 visit, I guess I assumed(wrongly) I would walk out more sure of myself. I do know that I look forward to the next visit.
Anyone else have this emotional experience? I can honestly say I have never felt anything like it.