Thread: Pantyhose and Finger Tears

Pantyhose and Finger Tears

Hi All!
    As the cooler season comes upon us, and which brings out my female persona with much delight, I'm just wondering how you can manage to successfully put on pantyhose without creating tears in the hosiery.

Almost without fail, I'll have the teeniest skin fragment on one of my fingers which will ALWAYS create a tear in the hose, and ruining even a first-time wearing those hose. How do I stop this from happening?! TIA! Jaime

Aspiring Member
    Easy - wear thin gloves.

A little moisturizing hand cream helps soften those skin tears.

Quote Originally Posted by susan54 View Post
    Easy - wear thin gloves.
    Susan,

You beat me to it. I use thin cotton gloves, the sort used for handling film negatives or valuable books etc. Look online, they're as cheap as chips. They usually come as packs of 10 or more pairs so it's easy to have a pair in your drawer and in your handbag.

Plus as lacy says, hand cream isn't a bad thing either.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

keep an old pair of knee high tights then put them on as gloves

I as well have cotton gloves which I use to cover my nails. However, I cannot close the clips on my garter wearing them and have to ask my wife for help.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

The cotton glove solution is best, get a boxful of them and never snag hose again.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Moisturize your hands every day.

Banned Read only
    Buy higher quality pantyhose.

Heavy denier and higher spandex content adds up to durability. This is part of the reason I like support hose, they last forever.

Oh, and BTW: Nylons do not tear, they "run".
    Last edited by Robertacd; 09-07-2018 at 03:18 PM.

I use cotton gloves....never a tear or snag. Hadn’t thought of knee highs...thanks. I’ll try them.

I wear short satin gloves. My hands flow right through to the toe in just a few seconds.
    Satin Gloves.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Veronica

Love who you are! You are uniquely you!!

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    You're buying too fine a weave. Get a higher denier number.
    I used to have a short attention spa

Crazy..I have never "run" a pair of nylons..Use lotion on your hands and feet..EVERY DAY!! Pull them up with the inside of you hand.. Not like pulling your pants up..BUY BIG i am 5' 10" 165lbs I buy Q+ and they always feel comfortable..
    Best Wishes, Paula

My better hose I've never had a problem with but with the cheaper brands I have had runs happen even after they are on. All the suggestions should fix your problem though.

try surgical or latex gloves. thinner and better feel than cotton. and work amazing at working the nylons up.
    Live and let dress.

Silver Member
    I wore nylons for years and found that keeping your hands and feet soft helps. I also practiced pulling nylons up with a few old pairs. When I had long nails I had to make sure that I was using the inside of my fingers and thumb. One other thing. Gather the nylons up until you are at the toe. Then apply equal pressure on the nylons until they are at the right height. If you have to pull your nylons/panty hose up afterwards you need to practice. until it all goes into place smoothly. I think since I started with nylons, and garters and panty girdles I had an advantage learning to put on pantyhose.

Aspiring Member
    Try Wolford pantyhose, a bit more expensive and they are strong.
    Live Today as if it is your last day

Aspiring Member
    In the winter I, as seemingly a lot of GGs too, go for opaques (30 or 40 denier), good and thick, and covering a multitude of sins too. Also, they're a breeze to get on and I've not had a pair run on me yet (well not when I'm putting them on).

Isn't that the truth and it annoys me to no end. Buff your hands and nails beforehand and I've learned to take my stiletto nails off before also..........talk about a slow process, just try to inch up pantyhose with 2 inch nails protruding..........

I try to keep my nails as smooth as I can daily and use moisturizer. The suggest to use thin gloves appeals tome also.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila11 View Post
    try surgical or latex gloves. thinner and better feel than cotton. and work amazing at working the nylons up.
    I totally agree. I use surgical or latex gloves when putting my nylons on and they work great.

I was looking for how to videos on You Tube on this exact subject, seems that professional pantyhose wearers use cotton gloves. There are 2 sites I found Legslavish and Vanessa Pur they seem primarily for people with a pantyhose, tight or foot fetish, so I found it fascinating.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Latex gloves kind of like the medical ones but maybe not sterile are very common these days. Great for working on cars or glueing or any other Dirty Work where your hands might get stained. Great for stuff like this to where you don't want anything sharp causing a run. I always have him around for housework car work whatever so no excuses needed. Then when something like this comes along they're available.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymees22 View Post
    I was looking for how to videos on You Tube on this exact subject, seems that professional pantyhose wearers use cotton gloves.
    "Professional pantyhose wearers?" Is that a thing? Sounds like a profession I would definitely enjoy. Tell me where to sign up!

- Diane