I read CrossKimmy's post about talking to a counselor over the phone yesterday and it left an impression on me. The idea of talking to someone definitely appealed to me. Today I had some free time and looked up online counseling, I ended up checking out this website called 7cups which claims to offer affordable online therapy. I made an account and got to the part where you pay. In the fine print I found thier definition of affordable, $150 dollars a month, I didn't continue.

They do offer a free listening service which connects trained listeners to you, so I tried that out. It was kind of strange and I wanted to share my experience with it.

After a few minutes I was connected up to someone. I told them I was struggling with the desire to present as female. They asked me a few questions about crossdressing, which I said I did whenever I got the chance. The conversation veered towards sex and the listener claimed that I was holding back. I admitted that in real life I wasn't very open about sex. They asked me to not hold back and imagine I was presenting as a woman and we had met somewhere. What followed was a somewhat bizarre role playing session, which I actually found very interesting, until I realized my listener was no longer role playing and was actually trying to connect up with me in the real world to help me learn to be myself.

Not exactly what I expected. 95% creeped out, but I have to admit that it was therapeutic.