Thread: My life as a man in a skirt!

Red face My life as a man in a skirt!

Hi I am a man in a skirt and sometimes a dress. I have been full time dressing now for about 5 years. I started wearing skirts by order of my doctor because of some chemical burns on my bum (due to an improperly cleaned public rest room the chemicals were left to dry on the seat). The burns became infected and the infection spread down between my legs. So I wore skirts for about 10 weeks until everything was healed completely. The day I was allowed to once again wear pants I had to do some bill paying in town. I was so uncomfortable that I did not complete the things I had to do and went home. Once at home I changed into my skirts and felt so happy and comfortable. I have been wearing skirts and dress ever since. I do not believe I will ever wear pants or shorts again. I do not wear tights or panty hose as they are too much like pants to me.
    The only thing bad about deciding to wear skirts and dresses is I had to buy a lot of new clothes and spend a small fortune. But my closet now runs over in skirts, dresses and tops form the womans side of the aisle.
    My two daughters and their families know and my youngest daughters (45) only comment was COOL!
    I do not worry about what others think or their reactions that is their problem not mine. While I am not a fashineasta (SP) by any means I do try to look like nice. I do not use make-up nor wear wigs. I do sometimes wear nail polish on my fingers and toes, when I can afford the expense of the spa.

Fran

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Welcome but I have to ask do you wear boxers or briefs?
    I have been subject to lots of chemicals and no issues as far as skin so you must be super sensitive or allergic perhaps.
    If skirts work for you in your situation that makes sense to me that you would choose to wear them.

I find it nice that you are happy in picking your own style, and seemingly comfortable with it!

And you are a Fashionista just by choosing your own style and owning it!

Skirts Rock,
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Fran,
    Yay! -you found an unusual 'excuse' to crossdress- and endured a lot of pain for it- grrr. But it gives you the solid reason every cd dreams of so there is no wavering or shame.

I find that stable place for myself when I feel like my outfit is perfect for my inner soul, and I simply don't want to take it off- I want to be seen and known. People adjust rapidly- and get on with the business at hand. And I get to enjoy the dress or skirt I always wished I could wear!

Unfortunately, I'm only half out, in the sense that I restrict my dressing so as not to embarrass my wife, and I still choose settings where I am very unlikely to meet people who would make it a problem for me to continue doing some things I like to do.
    We are all beautiful...!

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Wow, that is an interesting way to get into skirts. Not much fun for your bum though. Sounds like you did a lot of standing up for a while there! The only thing I wear other than skirts are leggings, super comfy. Often wear both at once. It has reached the point where I can not understand for the life of me why anyone would choose to wear trousers with all the associated discomfort (especially in the hot weather). Tickety-boo

I am a distance runner and sometimes get chafing down there (when I am little fatter or when it is super hot out). So wearing a skirt afterwards is amazing. When my wife didn't know about my dressing, it sucked to have to put on the shorts over boxers on those days when I knew a skirt would feel so much better. But even when there are no physical aliments wearing skirts are just so comfortable (and pretty and come in a wide selection more so than my collection of various colored cargo shorts).

My biggest draw is skirts. And if going out I like heels. I work from home most days in a t-shirt and skirt. When I go to work I wear a skirt with a woman's shoe. I don't own a wig (but I am growing my hair out), no makeup, no fake boobs, no womens tops. But when I went to a girls night out I did girly it up to fit in better, it just isn't part of my normal style.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacy Darling View Post
    I find it nice that you are happy in picking your own style, and seemingly comfortable with it!

And you are a Fashionista just by choosing your own style and owning it!

Skirts Rock,
    Stacy!
    Hi Stacy, do do my own thing as far as fashion is concerned. But I try to look nice doing it. And yes I do own it.

Fran

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Welcome but I have to ask do you wear boxers or briefs?
    I have been subject to lots of chemicals and no issues as far as skin so you must be super sensitive or allergic perhaps.
    If skirts work for you in your situation that makes sense to me that you would choose to wear them.
    I wear nylon panties. They are so much better than men's undies far more comfortable. They were also part of the doctors orders. The cotton briefs were causing the sore not to heal properly because every time I took them off they would cause everything to start bleeding again. The nylon did not do that.
    As far as being super sensitive or allergic to most chemicals I am not. BUT you do not get a highly caustic cleaner on your butt and not have problems.

Fran

So did you start to crossdress after the burns out of necessity? or was it you already crossdress and you knew the skirts were a better choice because of the discomfort?

Hi Jessica,
    I did not wear skirts and such until the burns. When I was cleared to go back to my men's clothing I found I was very uncomfortable in them. It was then I decided to start wearing skirts and dress as my normal clothing. Now I am so comfortable wearing skirts and dresses that I no-longer give it a thought and just go about my business as usual.

I really own it!!!!

Fran

my doctor believes all men (except himself as it's unprofessional) should wear skirts, no undies, for the proper cooling function of the lads.
    I agree, and generally go un-hitched under skirts even though reproduction is now out for me - but I don't intend to burn my bum over it

I would love a nice knee length pleated skirt, something that would match my male clothes
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I’m really just an under dresser, but I have worn kilts for historical events. And I did like it eventhough the fabric was kind of heavy and a little itchy.
    Now I’m wondering about a real skirt...

For me after the bra w forms, its the skirt around the house and out in the back yard in summer.

Its a super feeling the wind caressing my legs.
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaiden View Post
    I’m really just an under dresser, but I have worn kilts for historical events. And I did like it eventhough the fabric was kind of heavy and a little itchy.
    Now I’m wondering about a real skirt...
    In the words of a man who has done it.....

Go for it!!!

Fran