Thread: Women’s Magazines?

Women’s Magazines?

Just wondering if anyone else enjoys womens magazines? Several years ago I subscribed to Women’s Health for my wife (who looks great and works out four days a week), but she seldom gives it much if any notice. I read them from cover to cover and am envious of the beautiful women and their stories. I know it keeps me motivated to work out, and I love all the beauty tips and such. I often pick up Shape Magazine when at the store too. I pick up and look at others, but these are two of my favs. Any body else? -Meg

I get Lucky and InStyle for my wife = for me every month...

I subscribed to Cosmopolitan and Allure, both in my male name. I let them lapse because of my pending move.

I like Cosmo because it transports me to a different world. I find Allure to be more practical and informative. Both have great pictures of outfits, etc.

I wrote an article about whether it is a good idea for a crossdresser to subscribe to women's magazines if you care to read it: https://crossdresserreport.com/shoul...mens-magazine/

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

Can’t stand women’s magazines. Most of them actively lower your IQ when reading them. Having said that, I don’t think much of men’s mags, either.

Michelle

I don't like most magazines in general to be honest.

I read womens magazines in various waiting rooms. the recipes for ideas and the occasional morbid gossip and fashion.

I can see why the print media is going broke at five or more dollars a hit.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I would love it if my wife ordered a women's mag. she just doesn't read them. if I ordered and told her I got it for her she would laugh for a week.

At various times throughout my life, I enjoyed reading Glamour, Cosmopolitan, Madamoiselle, Seventeen, Vogue, Redbook, Ladies Home Journal, Harper's Bazaar, and all sorts of other periodicals marketed primarily towards the ladies. But I found that there usually really wasn't any new information in them; they would cycle the same types of stories and articles over and over. And I came to realize, that it was sort of just like women's conversations; a constant re-hashing of things over and over, sort of as if they wonder if they'll find something new, but they never seem to. It's always, 'How to get him to commit', 21 (or whatever number you want to pick) sexy tips and tricks to turn him on, what sexy lingerie will get his attention away from the football game on TV; a quiz with obvious answers; a horoscope, all of which tell the reader mostly things they want to hear; what's the latest fashion 'in' things, as well as what's 'out'; some beauty tips, like what shade of eye shadow is new and guaranteed to draw the attention of men to your eyes / lipstick that will make him lust for your lips; a life hack tip like how not to lose your keys; a decorating idea; some articles about celebrities or celebrity couples, who's secretly cheating on who, who split up, who got married; maybe a recipe or two, dieting tips, just take a random sampling of those and you have pretty much every woman's magazine. Some(Vogue, for example) will be geared primarily towards fashion, others, to the homemaker. What you won't find, will be political discussion, sports, any headline news (other than something which might really affect women's lives like who's tilting the balance on the supreme court), wars abroad, any mention of guns. The closest you'll come to sports will be articles about what exercises to do in order to tone your butt/thighs/calves/abs.

Edit: FWIW, you can get mostly all the same information and reading for free on websites for those magazines as well as sites targeted for teen through college age. Choose one, and you'll invariably find links to others. Find a woman's forum site, and there will be links all over the page as well as embedded into the discussion threads. Here, try this one: https://www.beautytech.com/forums/fo...lay.php?fid=10

You can read about nail polish tips until your eyes bleed. I found this site back when I was trying to figure out how to polish my nails and have them come out like the pro's do.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 10-01-2018 at 05:18 AM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Yes I do they make me feel female. I love the makeup article best. Still trying to get a handle on makeup!

I like Red Book, Cosmo (less and less recently) and Good Housekeeping.

I'd always enjoyed dipping into my wife's magazines but she never buys them now so I have to make do with the occasional one when away, usually Red.

Admittedly, I read my wife magazines, Cosmo and Glamour. I don't read her O magazine.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I was just thinking about this the other day at the gym. There is a rack of magazines near the stationary bicycles. I used to pick up the hunting magazines but found myself leaving through the women’s magazines.

My wife used to subscribe to a couple of them, Red Book or something similar. I was after the recipes, especially baking ideas. Got tired of them after a while and let them lapse and don't miss them. I get enough recipe ideas from the web or just newspaper stories.

I did find it laughable how the makeup tips changed every issue! Of course you had to buy hundreds of dollars worth of stuff to follow the monthly trends. I guess you throw it away the next month and start over? I thought it was ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    I can see why the print media is going broke at five or more dollars a hit.
    Ain't that the truth. If you're a member of your local public library (and if not, why not?), you'll probably have free access to the online editions of various magazines. I know that swiping on a screen doesn't have the same tactile pleasure as leafing through a glossy dead tree edition, but five bucks saved is five bucks you could put towards something pretty.

Aspiring Member
    I glance at my wife's GH sometimes, but I find female clothing catalogues more interesting - there are so many variations on dresses, skirts and tops.
    Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

I have a sub to Good Housekeeping and whatever Martha Stewart's mag is! I do what I do with the Men's mags that I have a sub with-read them once through and file 13! I do occasionally save a recipe or 2! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

The avvy pic isn't me
    Glamour and Vogue for me; Cosmo has too way too much of that 'how to get a man to blah blah' stuff.

I also like Vogue because i'm a bit of foodie and it has a regular column devoted to cuisine type stuff; and gardening/landscaping too.
    Sadly my finances don't allow for the subscriptions any longer.

Cass

This reminds me that when I met my wife I had a subscription to Cosmo. And throughout my life I am always drawn to the women's magazines in the waiting rooms (though most don't seem to have them anymore). I have had subscriptions to Simpsons magazine (Christmas present when I was young), Maxim (was super cheap through some offer), Cosmo, Runner's World, and later on was gifted a year of Runner's World, and every time the year ran up I was tired of the magazine and did not renew.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    When I first realized what was happening with my gender issues I did like a lot of newly trans do.
    I thought I had to do everything women do, like read womens magazines plus talk and act a certain way.
    After I realized how silly that was in my case I stopped.

Platinum Member
    Hi Megan , There is only a couple of myWife's Mag's that I look at. >Orchid ..oo..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    My wife buys mainly 'true' life story type magazines which hold no interest for me at all, but they do sometimes have make up tips and fashion articles which I do look at.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....