Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your spiritual gender?

My physical sex is male. I was born with that pesky Y chromosome, and it cannot be changed.
    I believe that my gender falls closer to the female end of the gender spectrum than the male end. It seems to me that my mind has always given me my sense of gender.
    Now for the spirit. After years of thought on this, I think that our spirit is without gender. We are each unique beings with a spirit that inhabits a body with unique physical and mental attributes.
    I would go into more detail on how I came to that thinking, but it probably gets into forbidden territory for this site.

I have never thought of this before. So I took a little time to ponder it. I consider myself to be male physically but I do have a feminine side too. But it resides quietly in my head. As for spiritual I guess it is a mix of both male and female.

Fran

Silver Member
    I fully dress with only lipstick every day, and though I wish I had larger breasts of my own, when I put my girls in the cups, my spiritual self is definitely female.

The avvy pic isn't me
    Yes, predominantly female, with maybe a tad bit of warrior female-thrown in.
    My small bunch of female friends tease me about my inner nature all the time; when we're in a small group setting I change, or so they say.

My time out in the woods and mountains hiking is a very spiritual time for me, and I notice that trudging up and down the trails, even with a pack on my back and heavy duty boots, I still manage to subconsciously shorten my strides and move in a feminine manner.

I Have a brother coming out this weekend and we will be going bird hunting (and yes I do still love some pursuits mostly considered masculine), so it's time to break out the 'She-ra the Huntress' persona.
    Cass

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    I'm not sure I have any idea what a spirit is? I don't drink either. So thinking logically about it as a trained and life served engineer, with zero religious interest, mine must be male. My wife also tells me I would make a fine monk. LoL MIAD

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyLawrence View Post
    Both. However, define 'spiritually' please.
    Daisy to me it means deep down in my thoughts and core of my being what am I?

So ignoring my birth gender, ignoring my chromosomes, how I look what body parts I have.. what do i feel deep down in my core I am.. in my case female without doubt

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Jane G View Post
    I'm not sure I have any idea what a spirit is? I don't drink either. So thinking logically about it as a trained and life served engineer, with zero religious interest, mine must be male. My wife also tells me I would make a fine monk. LoL MIAD
    Jane i am not religious but I am certainly no engineer and I am not a big drinker either (unless you include coffee which is certainly not a spirit)... its a subjective feeling... cant be analyzed
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I believe mine is Alpha-centurian.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Bec, i'm spiritually a Koala...a female one!
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

LOL @Nikki - we are going to make you an honorary Aussie girl as you did not call yourself a Koala "Bear"... we here all know Koalas are NOT bears
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Bec, I was tempted to say Koala Bear but I do want to embrace my Aussie girlfriends and not make them mad! I've heard that angry Aussie girls are something fierce...I don't want to find out - Nikki
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I don't have any spiritual feelings really but on the inside, I feel there is a mix of male and female. For the last ten years or so the female side has been getting gradually stronger, and I'm not sure how far it will go.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

The avvy pic isn't me
    Interesting.
    I guess I have to come to Bec's rescue once again.
    One gets the impression that some folks have a decidedly low opinion of the human spirit.

I had a yoga instructor once who told me that studies have been done using machines that measure magnetic fields and human beings do in fact have them.
    Apparently according to her these can vary widely, and a persons mood has a big effect. I never did any research on the matter, but I may have to.

For those of you doubters, think of it as a person's vibe. I know many people who have a definite aura and others who qualify as more ordinary.

Ever hear someone referred to as mean-spirited? High energy peeps called 'spirited'? How about this one.....you see 2 attractive women, both similarly well dressed and nicely made-up, and both are very feminine, but for some reason one of them sticks out in your mind when you think of them later?
    Heck, you can even think of personality traits as a person's spirit, if it helps you. Spirit rallies in school anyone?

Men are traditionally thought of as being more stoic and women more open right?

Shheeeeesssshhhhhh!

Your welcome, glad I could help.

Cass
    Last edited by Cassandra Lynn; 09-18-2018 at 02:46 PM.

Aspiring Member
    I don't see my spirit as having a gender. It is pure consciousness.

I see myself as a spiritual being having a human experience. The human experience has a gender, but my spirit is free from any gender. If I choose to give it a gender, then I can choose it to be either male or female. However the spirit is beyond all the hormonal influences and neural pathways in the brain that we associate with gender.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra Lynn View Post
    Interesting.
    I guess I have to come to Bec's rescue once again.
    One gets the impression that some folks have a decidedly low opinion of the human spirit.
    'Just for the record', While having no spiritual leanings myself ,far from having a low opinion of it I fully respect peoples right to believe in whatever they want without criticism. It would be nice if the opposite was true.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I would say female now, but I've had so much practise being and thinking as a man it's hard to tell for sure.

Becky,

This is so amazing you've asked this question.
    My Spiritual Body is something I have tried to explain to many others. Some get it, but most don't fathom what I am trying to convey.
    I have long known and "seen" my spiritual body; from the earliest days of my conscious memory. Best described, it is how I see myself in my mind's eye. How I may see myself in my dreams (though in dreams I show up as different forms or beings, not just my spiritual body.) It's a mental image. A sense of being. I'm convinced that unless one senses it, or even has that particular "sense", it's difficult to adequately explain. But I've always known this Spiritual Body. Long, sleek; smooth. Long long hair. Definitely feminine. I've seen her (me) in my dreams and in my fantasies/day dreams. When I think of "myself", I see this Spiritual Body. She is inescapable, and she's been by my side and in my soul for as long as I recall.

What's hilarious is that when I was quite young and can recall, I didn't "know" my Spiritual Body was female or feminine. It fit me so well that it apparently seemed normal. Being a young "lad" and a late bloomer in every respect, I may have even resembled my Spiritual Body then. My SB was definitely femme and remains so to this day, but back then it never dawned on me that I saw myself as an entirely different gender.

Oh yes, my sister. So I have a spiritual gender. It's not just wishful thinking either. It is a spirit that moves within me. Lord help me, I sometimes fear it and wish this cup would pass from my lips. Yet when I think of the richness, courage and quality of life that my femme Spirit (and Spiritual Body) has given me, I am richer for it.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Ilene thanks for describing your spiritual body and gender so perfectly
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Becky Blue View Post

So ignoring my birth gender, ignoring my chromosomes, how I look what body parts I have.. what do i feel deep down in my core I am.. in my case female without doubt
    In that case (and without any theological connotations) I am 80% woman with a 20% serving of male attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra Lynn View Post
    I had a yoga instructor once who told me that studies have been done using machines that measure magnetic fields and human beings do in fact have them.
    If your yoga instructor said that then it must be true. Why let science get in the way of yoga?

And Cassandra, read your post number 37 again and see if you can't understand why Diane posted this entirely justified reply:

'Just for the record', While having no spiritual leanings myself ,far from having a low opinion of it I fully respect peoples right to believe in whatever they want without criticism. It would be nice if the opposite was true.

The avvy pic isn't me
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyLawrence View Post

And Cassandra, read your post number 37 again and see if you can't understand why Diane posted this entirely justified reply:
    Yes, I did and I guess my attempt at trying to be humorous failed miserably, I sometimes do have problems expressing myself properly.
    I sent along a PM to Diane, but haven't been answered. I apologize for sounding like I did.
    I am more than willing to either delete the post entirely or re-phrase it accordingly?

Cass

kiwi primrose said it for me, and i could have written the same.

IleneD, You also saidi t for me pretty much. I cannot help having this, but wish it would pass. I try hard to be the masculine gentleman, but the lady side is even stronger. i have two older twin brothers who are very against anything fem in men, and they do suspect something, like maybe i am gay, or bi, or maybe something else. i have to hide my Alice side, and often go a while not dressing. I know each person has their own private quirks, kinks, battles, struggles, unique ways, demons, angels. I would have liked to have not been born with this, but it is not the case. One day at a time. I hope in the next life, all will be new and healed.

Interesting question.
    For me spirituality concept has dramatically changed in the last years.
    It always for me something related with christianity. I even was ordered pastor but my beliefs change completely to the opposite after having the guts to go deeper in the original languages of the bible but that's another story.p, luckily I lived so many "supernatural" experiences that we call spiritual experiences.
    So for me spirituality is related with religion, what ever it could be, for me religion is the answer of the human to whatever can't be scientifically explained.
    All cultures had had gods and attribute to them everything they couldn't explain like ptolomeo, the astronomer, 200 years BC, for the solar system, he thanks Zeus, his god because he in his mercy sustains it working.
    With all that explanation, I still thinking that there are something afterlife, that we are more than mere atoms but in that context there's no gender, no sex, so I don't think Vanessa or me Male will exist in the current way.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

The avvy pic isn't me
    After some thought, I decided to go ahead and edit post 37 down a wee bit. In all honesty I allowed my personal beliefs to affect me too much and I did spice up that post more than was needed.

It's just that the idea of spirit is something I feel very strongly in and I see evidence of so very, very often in my life. I've seen cancer sufferers given the news they have mere months to live, who by sheer will live the rest of their short lives with great valor.
    In my recovery (and near death from my addiction) we speak with extreme conviction of the human spirit ("The Fellowship of the Spirit"), and it is our very willingness to trust, love and respect each other that helps us to beat our incurable disease; if that is not human spirit than I don't know what is. The people of NYC could have all chucked it in the trash after 911, but that's not what people do.

And I think it's alive in all of us here. The marginalized people of this world can choose to dwell on the wrongs done them, by an unforgiving and unaccepting society, or they can choose acceptance and by their own willpower they can find serenity.

But if you don't feel that to be true than I do respect that too.
    Most of the people I spend time with use the term spiritual to mean exactly the opposite of religion, but I guess if i'm going to be as tolerant as i should be (I do need to work on it) I will have to respect that notion too.

And so after that all said (I will shut up, I promise), what's so unusual about speaking of gender or the idea of it at the same time?
    As I've gone on and on about this, people have gender and people have a sense of spirit, what's so wrong with the notion that their sense of spirit is reflected in their own sense of gender, or vice versa?

Cass
    Last edited by Cassandra Lynn; 09-18-2018 at 06:19 PM. Reason: stupidity

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Becky Blue View Post

Jane i am not religious but I am certainly no engineer and I am not a big drinker either (unless you include coffee which is certainly not a spirit)... its a subjective feeling... cant be analyzed
    Alas it's my day job to analyse data. It's also something I love doing, so deep down I do it in every situation all the time. It's part of my nature, just as much as crossdresser is part of my nature. Not convinced I actually have any kind of spirit though, that is an none factual concept that I don"t really get. Guess I am alone on this one. But always good to be honest with your thoughts, in my experience

I would be 80% male. When I get dressed up and look in the mirror, I think to myself, this outfit looks cute. That is my female side. But that is all I ever see of that side, just a little.

There are a lot of answers here that resonate with me. I too am a scientist type who forever is analyzing data and myself. For as long as I can remember, I have evaluated my sense and tried to ascribe my experience to self generated thoughts or feelings. For decades I maintained that I was not what my "sense" or inner voice told me. I'm obviously physically male but a counter current ran in me that belies my inner being with the outer being. The more I analyzed myself I concluded my experience is not feelings nor is self conscious thought but rather "other". Feelings come and go with changing external forces and I can turn conscious thoughts on or off. What I experience isn't easily tamed when the sense takes hold for no discernible reason.

The "other" for me is akin to hunger. I don't feel hungry. Nor do I think I'm hungry. I am hungry. Likewise I had the sense I was vastly different in my internal gut when the pink waves would crest. I fought the mental temptation for 30 years but I eventually had to confront what I knew was true from my earliest memories, I'm not like my peers at all. It was never willful thoughts or misguided feelings that drove me, it was an internal me that I had no willful way to control. Sure I could conform, and still do, to the societal norms for maleness, but in my head I'm not that at all.

I like Ilene too wished this cup pass from me my whole life but I am so glad I've come to learn my experience enriches my life. Finally accepting my internal spirit as feminine brought me the equanimity that was so elusive for 50 years. I'm really grateful this community exists to sound out these topics. Great question

~Renee~