Thread: Open house?

Open house?

Has anyone ever been to one of the TCNE open houses? I’m interested in going, and my wife actually wants to come too. Just curious about the vibe there and what to expect. A little nervous as it will only be the second time in public dressed, as well as the first time out with my wife so attired. TIA

-Eve

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Never heard of TCNE I'm assuming its a trans group?

I believe it stands for Trans Club of New England
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Sorry- TCNE= Trans Club of New England (the T previously stood for Tiffany)

Eve let us know how it goes. Especially with the wife along. Would be interesting to hear how she likes it. Now that I know what it is.

Eve, I've been to a number of the Saturday night gatherings at TCNE, and they are very welcoming to everyone. You can come dressed as you like, drab or en femme. They have a changing room in case you want to dress there. There are members all along the transgender spectrum. While I have not gone for the Tuesday open house, I believe the atmosphere is the same.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    And not from the area I'm on Long Island. I know that's not miles away but it ain't around the corner. Used to go to the Spring Fling and whatever the clothes of Summer Event is both in Provincetown. Always had the best time. Like any group of sisters very accepting and a lot of fun to be around people like that. If there are more details you're interested in let me know I'll answer what I can

Hi Eve, I think it's a great resource for our area. I've been twice, and each time met with forum members from here, including the lovely Tina Davis (hi Tina)
    It's a casual support group setting, and the members there make you feel right at home. I definitely recommend it for both you, and your wife. I'm actually going to try and make it there this Saturday, the 22nd to meet another forum member. You should join us!
    "Samm" Sammara Michaels

I also speak fluent sarcasm

I plan on going this Saturday. I was joined by Natalie Cheryl from here the last time I went, now over a year ago, as my wife won't join me and is scared of me going out. Very open and safe place. They have their own section of a building in a quiet area, a few parking spaces right next to it. I have been 3 times I think.
    Hugs, Ellen

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    By all means go and have a great time.
    Trans groups that are local are a great resource.

You will never ever know of you never ever go. :-)

Dip your toe in the water and take your wife too.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Fair warning, this starts off a little ranty.
    Kids were getting a little sick, so the childcare plan was out the window preventing my wife from joining me. She also had to work the night before, so would not be getting much sleep before I left to get ready. Got off to a late start, shaving took a little less than forever, makeup was not cooperative, finally decided I wasn’t going to miss out on going, or going dressed and accepted that my makeup skills are lacking, to say the least. I’ve lost quite a bit of weight (55 lbs) since the last time I got to dress, so almost nothing really fit the way I was expecting. Seriously, I was swimming in my damn shoes. My old standbys weren’t even an option! Positive note #1: the corset fit/worked better than it ever has. I’m now two hours behind schedule, not super excited about how I look, so I send my wife the pic she asked for. (Her response “you look nervous, just breathe and go” Yes, she’s awesome) Somehow entered the wrong address into the gps, almost knocked on a totally wrong door, fortunately when I called, they picked up and set me straight. I walked in feeling incredibly self conscious and not at all how I wanted to. I didn’t feel like Eve at all. I felt like me in a damn dress, heels and makeup. Usually putting on the heels flips a very welcome switch but apparently not so much when they don’t fit. Now, I’d love to say that I eased into that headspace, but I didn’t.

However, I can’t say enough about how welcomed I felt. Many thanks to Samm and Ellen, it was fantastic to meet you, and I certainly look forward to seeing you again, as well as everyone else that was there. (I’m usually better with names, but I was not at my best) I’m really hoping to make first event happen, I thought ink it may, but time will tell. Thanks to all of you for reaching out to answer my original question, I absolutely appreciate the support and feedback.

-Eve

Hi Eve! It was great to meet you as well. I actually had no idea it was you when you came in and sat down until Ellen told me who you were. In all fairness, I was as nervous as you were my first time there, but you settled in nicely. TCNE is a great resource. I only wish I could go more often, like once a month. But work, life, and more work, keep getting in the way. As it looks now, I may not get another chance until January. If you manage another free night, let us know here, hopefully our schedules will align again.
    ....And maybe someday us Boston area girls can keep up with the Houston girls
    "Samm" Sammara Michaels

I also speak fluent sarcasm