Thread: New girl at work is jealous of me

New girl at work is jealous of me

We recently hired a bunch of new people. 1 of them is a 40-something woman, who is around my age group.

Last night she was mentioning something to me about transgender people and how they were brave to live their lives the way they wanted to. I asked a couple of questions to make sure she was ok with people doing these things, and then she told me she had absolutely no objections at all. I then decided to come out to her, telling her I bought women's clothes and wore them. The conversation got around to bras, and when I showed her my Victoria's Secret Angel Forever credit card, she told me I was so lucky. I asked her why, and she said it was because I could afford to shop there. She went on to say how she only had a couple of bras, and then I told her I had about 15 to 20. Once again she commented on how lucky I was.

The conversation ended when I told her that VS still has their BUY 2 BRAS GET 1 FREE promo going on, and that if she wanted a new bra or two, now would be a perfect time to take advantage of something like that. She profusely thanked me and told me she was going to check it out. I warned her not to wait, as the promotion was supposed to end on 9/11, and I checked on the website today and it is still going. Either way, I think I made a new lady friend!

Silver Member
    Hey, RD, she must be a nice lady! Any conversation about keeping your secret from your work mates?

Gold Member
    That is great; the fact that she was open to transgender people. That is a rare find. I hope you made a new friend.
    Rader

She isn't jealous of you. She is envious of your material possessions.

A man with 15-20 bras that technically he has no need for and a woman with only a couple because she cannot afford any others. Something is wrong with this picture.

If I had befriended a woman in this situation, I'd have taken her out to the VS sale to buy her a few bras that she could certainly use. Win-win, she gets the bras and you may have started a lifelong friendship on the right note and curb that feeling of envy (or inadequacy) of hers as well.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    I was going to reply but then realised that Sara J had done it for me. Thanks SJ

Hi Rainbow

It sounds like you might have a new confidante, someone with whom you can talk about femme things...

I agree with Sara Jessica that there’s “something wrong with the picture”, though I don’t know that taking her to VS to buy bras is the right answer in today’s world - it could be mistakenly interpreted. On the they hand, buying her a VS gift card might be a good middle ground. You could explain it as a “small thank you for letting me be so open with you” gift.

Anyway, I hope you stay friends with her!

Fran

Oh, to have a girl friend like that would be Splendid.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

RD, is she jealous? I would be careful who you expose your other life to, especially at work, it can backfire.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Think perhaps Rainbow Dash expressed herself using the wrong words.a lot of times that can Happen on here when we put our thoughts down.I'm sure she will be a very good friend to her new confidant

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Yes, an interesting experience, but, I agree with Alwayshave. Fast friends, especially at work can backfire. I, too, sense a bit of economic jealousy and maybe resentment...they seem to go together. The cats out of the bag. Hope it works out.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Keep us informed on how the new friendship progresses RD.
    Might be a great thing you just never know.

Banned Read only
    Rainbow,
    It might be a good idea to ease off some , if she only claims to have two bras she may be having financial problems and knowing you have so many especially at the the price she thinks you're paying . It could work out OK but don't upset her too much , she may get a little put out and make things difficult for you by telling others about your dressing habits and needs . Obviously it would be a different situation if your were TS but then most of them don't go telling other people how many bras they have .

Maybe I was a bit quick in putting my trust in her. But when she said she had no problem with transgenders or crossdressers, this seemed like the green light for me to go ahead and trust her. I hope it works out alright.

As for buying her something, well I can tell you all now that I barely know her, about a week, and I'm not going to buy something for someone I hardly know. Now before any of u start bashing me for that, I should point out that I did indeed help out another lady friend at work, and this was a month after I had revealed my secret to her. I had a few discount cards and decided to give her 1 of them. If this new friend turns out to be the real deal, then after she earns my trust I will give her something from Victoria's Secret. I think she could definitely use it since she mentioned that money was a bit tight.

Banned Read only
    Rainbow,
    I understand your actions, there's always the little voice pushing your needs forward , coming out to people helps reduce the stress and makes it become more acceptable to people . Money or lack of it does affect people she admitted being tight for money . Maybe buy her a few more coffees and get to know her better before you push any further . She also may be grateful for some vouchers , she may come to work with a big smile saying she now has three bras to her name .

I definitely do not intend to push too hard. Also just so everyone knows, when I told her about the BUY 2 BRAS GET 1 FREE deal, she thanked me profusely and seemed very happy, like this was her big chance to get some new bras. Now I can only hope she acts on it before they end the deal. Victoria's Secret keeps on extending it, but I don't know how much longer it will last.

RD, I think you are doing good and know what you are doing. I do hope things work out and you get a good trusted friend out of it.
    Crissy

Hello Rainbow

I suggest that giving her a bra or any other lingerie is something that is shared within a long term relationship, and doing so is well within the definition of sexual harassment for those who are not.

I never liked the idea of romance at the office. Too many pitfalls. The junior employee often has to find other employment upon breakup.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    This all sounds very positive and I hope everything turns out well. But I once had a very good friend at work and then fell out big time. She would certainly have shot her mouth of if I had told her anything about my feminine side.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Good to have an ally in the workforce.

May you become good friends.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    It's funny isn't it. All the time here we read about people who agonise for 40 years about telling their wife or best friend of 50 years and here you are telling all to a complete stranger that you hardly know after less than a week! I am sure it will all be OK in the long term as you are obviously prepared to be 'outed' if it comes to it, after all you wouldn't have done it otherwise would you?