Thread: A Discovery of Sorts

A Discovery of Sorts

I’d like to start out with this caveat. I know that wearing other people’s clothes without their permission is wrong and I should never have done so without asking.

So I had the house to myself on Saturday (Finally!) and had some time to lounge around the house in my girlish finery. I saw her beautiful Roxy maxi dress that she wears on occasion in her closet. I’m not one to normally do this but I was curious how it would look on me as I don’t normally wear longer dresses. I put it on and it looked gorgeous. Looks like I will need to buy one for myself. There’s another one on there too that I think I will buy as well.

Here is the dress if anyone’s curious

https://www.roxy.com/keep-the-seas-w...274422053.html
    Ladies & Gentlemen, HER. 💋🌸💗

Banned Read only
    Kimmy,
    Guilty as charged on this one as I'm sure many others here are ! Just treat it as stepping stones , or a voyage of discovery , how do you know what will work for you until you try on . If you are just starting out there are so many aspects to find answers to , and doing as you did has now set you thinking what you might look good in , also it may not have fitted properly so now you have some idea of sizing , maybe it also gave you some thoughts on bra sizing and how big you would like your bust . You know you are going to move on and it's given you a start and something to think about . I know the next hurdle is how and where do you buy your own and then the problem of where do you store your things ?

Some women may not like sharing clothes and others may be OK but it's great when you have your own things ,

Absolutely Teresa. I’ve grown past the borrow clothes phase and have since bought many of my own outfits. I usually tend to veer towards shorter outfits but curiosity got the best of this kitty.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossKimmy View Post
    I’d like to start out with this caveat. I know that wearing other people’s clothes without their permission is wrong and I should never have done so without asking.
    If I had to ask before wearing my mothers clothes, I would have been either black and blue from the beating, or would have gotten my own clothes.LOL Gee, I wonder which one would have happened.LOL Yes, it is good to have your own clothes, they fit better and you get to choose which to your own tastes.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Reminds me of a funny story when I was much younger and in denial, for some reason I always dated girls that were more my size, now I am and was not back then a big burly guy. But one day the urge came over me and I could not fight it and I tried on one of my girlfriends dresses then made sure I meticulously put it back on the right hanger and in the proper order on the rod and facing the correct direction. I thought I got away with it but a day later she confronted me with the question of "did you wear my dress?", of course I strongly denied but when she said"don't lie to me it has your smell on it". Who would have thought? I never tried on anyone else clothes(with out permission)ever again.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Allisa, that's to funny. She could smell your scent.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I like the dress you linked - and it’s on sale!

Quote Originally Posted by Allisa View Post
    Reminds me of a funny story when I was much younger and in denial, for some reason I always dated girls that were more my size, now I am and was not back then a big burly guy. But one day the urge came over me and I could not fight it and I tried on one of my girlfriends dresses then made sure I meticulously put it back on the right hanger and in the proper order on the rod and facing the correct direction. I thought I got away with it but a day later she confronted me with the question of "did you wear my dress?", of course I strongly denied but when she said"don't lie to me it has your smell on it". Who would have thought? I never tried on anyone else clothes(with out permission)ever again.
    Just your bad luck that she was likely ovulating at the time, which could explain why the pheromones that you were giving off and had inadvertently transferred to her dress were so noticeable to her...

I think most of us have been guilty of dressing in others clothes without their permission from time to time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I've never tried on anyone elses clothes, but only because the opportunity hasn't arrived...I'd do it in a heartbeat though.

Well my wife let me wear some of her clothes and if she bought something and decided that she didn't like she'd offer it to me before returning it. When she passed away I donated a lot of her clothing, but kept what I liked although it was a while before I'd wear it. Now I have a bunch of her clothes mixed in with my own, although there are a few (like her wedding dress) that I would not wear.