Thread: How all of this changes our perception of little events in our lives.

How all of this changes our perception of little events in our lives.

Sometimes in a funny way , my crossdressing changes how I view little events in my life. The other day I was screwing deck screws into a deck I was building for my daughter and the cordless drill slipped and the drill bit for the screws jammed into my thumb taking out a chunk of the nail and creating a puncture under the nail. I looked down at the injury and wasn't concerned about the bleeding or chance of infection. All I could think about was that I wouldn't be able to glue a fake nail on the thumb for a couple of weeks!

And before you ask, it was my male self building the deck and NOT Danielle!

Yep. When I broke my leg, I was constantly aware that I couldn't wear my stockings, and how much trouble it would be to dress up in my girl stuff. Maybe it was this giant cast on my leg.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I totally get you Danielle.. I had a small melanoma burnt off, the first question to the doctor was isnt it harder to see any spots under body hair, hoping she would say yes.. alas her answer was no, you dont have any other spots of concern.. i could see the irony of almost wanting some spots to watch so I can have an excuse shave allover
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

My CDing is giving me an on gong satisfaction for every pound I am losing. And the thrill of being able to actually fit in my favorite clothes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    If you have any deck screws left, I hear they hold fake nails on rather well!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I know what you mean, but first two words...pilot hole...my biggest thing is not wearing sunglasses. The sun makes me squint and thus forming wrinkles around the eyes and else where causing me to focus more to the eye area when moisturizing, just one more beauty product on the counter.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Exactly! I scraped my leg recently and, yes, my first thought was..🤬 I won’t be able to wear my hose. A gauze covering solved the problem...crisis solved.

I have done so many things like that and of course my first thought was ooo no I broke a nail.

I'm an avid do-it-yourselfer who is also somewhat absent minded (just ask my wife ) and a little accident prone. This is not a good combination and I'm always incurring minor injuries. My usual first thought has nothing to do with personal safety but how my latest self maiming will affect my dressing.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Oh yeah been in situations like that.
    3 days before a big pot luck dinner at our Trans group meeting I was stung in the face by several red wasps.
    One under the eye and the other on the cheek just below that first one.
    Needless to say I stayed home on the biggest night of the years with my face all swollen up.

Banned Read only
    Danielle,
    Most of my little knocks and bangs usually get me thinking how it will affect my dressing , nails drive me mad , just to have all ten fingers with nails intact is usually only a dream .

I ski a lot and rarely come to grief, my wife and I did come to grief the other day and it could have been serious enough to be towed away, thank goodness it was only a minor spat.

I would hate to have to be taken away for medical attention while dressed.

If I broke a leg I would find it difficult to dress for months probably.

Oh! the inconvenience of it all. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.