Thread: Clothes shopping for wife

Clothes shopping for wife

Long before I came to see many items of clothes from the 'other side of the aisle' as a viable alternative for myself, I loved shopping for clothes with my wife. We married young and would spend a lot of our free time in malls shopping for her, which was fine by me. I loved seeing her come out and model various outfits and SHE LOVED IT. Many times when she'd have to choose between two outfits, I'd encourage her to 'choose both'. She always had a well stocked, stylish closet and she knew how to dress both casually and professionally.

I don't see any of that playing into my coming to see panties, skirts or other 'girl' things as options for myself. It wasn't a reason for my expanding tastes, but I can see my appreciation for her style playing into my own sense of style.

I'm curious how many others here have a similar experiences.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    I'm with you I love to clothes shop for Jeannie. I try to keep with her style and taste. The one thing I make sure to do is to include a gift receipt so she can return or exchange it. My one indulgence, is for Christmas I buy her those fluffy multi colored fuzzy socks to wear around the house when its cold.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Platinum Member
    When my wife and I were newly married and childless we did a lot of shopping in midtown Manhattan on Saturdays. We went into all the stores from Bloomingdale's all the way to Herald Square. Those were the days when women's lingerie was abundant. Many times she came home with a sexy nightgown. And, sometimes me too!

I think it was back in the early 1990's that nightgowns started to appear without the detail sewing of yesterday. Nightgowns in the 1960's and 1970's, and, surely before, were sewn to accommodate the womanly form. Same with many slips. Then, in order to save time and money, all the nightgowns seemed to be made for a totally flat chested woman. Sigh!

I use to love shopping for my wife at her birthday, our anniversary and holidays such as Christmas and Valentine's Day. I was very comfortable doing that since she was five foot two and petite. No way anyone would think what I was buying was for myself.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Try posting this in the clothing section of the forum you should get more comments there.

Platinum Member
    Hi Bea , I have been buying clothes for myWife for almost 55years now. >Orchid ..00..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Hi Bea, I totally get you! I always loved and still love shopping for clothes with my wife. Her style evolved quite a bit over the years and I really like the way she dresses right now. It's quite minimalistic and very classy.
    It's interesting to see my style also moved in a similar direction. Not sure why that's the case. Maybe we evolve together? She shows me something, I like it and strongly approve it and want that style for myself in the end?
    Anyhow, what's also interesting is that when we're out shopping for her, I don't imagine myself wearing the clothes, but instead really love to see the clothes on her.
    Same with shoes. A couple of times I convinced her to buy shoes she would not buy because of the steep price. I think she looked very sexy with 'm and never imagined or wanting to wear the shoes myself. When I'm alone, my fantasies of wearing clothes of the same style are quite vivid

Good for you I was a total mess in this area before I came out as CD/trans... I knew I had a good sense of style and color, but I would never offer opinions on clothes or style to anyone - male or female - in case it might give them the slightest hint that I was "gay or something".

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I do love clothes shopping with my wife,it's nice to peruse the racks seeing if we see can find that lovely item.The thing is my wife doesn't like buying for herself and has to be almost forced into splashing out.When shopping on my own I always like to buy her something nice.

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I started out helping shop for women's clothes with my mother, when I was little. I've continued by helping my wife buy clothes. Several times, I've gone out in the evening and bought clothes for me, and went looking for them in the morning, and they were gone. My wife saw them and wore them to work. Several times, her coworkers have commented on her outfit and wondered where she bought it, and she told them that I bought it.
    Dana Ryan

I'm 100% with you, I love sitting out waiting for my wife to come out with a outfit she is trying on. Her style has helped me a lot in my dressing. When she'd have to choose between two outfits I also say get both or I get to tell her which looks best on her, she respects my option.

I was fortunate, I could shop with the wife and get something for myself as well.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I haven't shopped FOR my wife in decades. I shop with her and give my input these days. Ninety percent of the items that I have bought for her either gets returned or goes into deep storage until it's donated.

When we shop these days, she'll pick an occasional top or pair of panties for me.She's even picked a couple of dresses for me. She's said she would rather go shopping with me than for me to go by myself. I don't mind that, but I feel the need to be reserved in what i choose. I'll occasionally bend the boundaries and watch for a reaction. We are at kind of an equilibrium as far as my style goes.

Ironically, we'll often have several items in the shopping cart and head to the registers. Then she'll ask to go on to another store and let me pay. So here's a solo dude with a shopping cart full of lady's things. I might as well shop for myself.

She loves me and wants to show me, but I'm always aware that she's wishing it were different.

Count me in with the love to shop both for and with my wife. Shopping together in womens fashion is always fun for both of us. It is one of our common bonds.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

I see where you are coming from Bea, I think!

I worked as a young window dresser through my schooling years, heavily immersed in Art but never fashion as I preferred to allow my own style evolve. I tried to dress the women in my younger life to the best of my ability ( after them asking ).

So, can I see how any of that had an impact on my dressing style? I don't wear 90's power suits, yeh!

Best thing is that you may let your own style grow now!
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Per my wife: "For a guy who likes to wear women's clothes;; you have terrible taste". Nuff said.

RaeK - my wife hasn't said it out loud, but I can read between the lines...