Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beards

Beards

Unlike many here, I hate seeing myself in the mirror without my beard. Even with a skirt or tunic and leggings, I like my look as more of a "contrarian male" and not female at all.

Anyone else wear a beard regularly?

Since I don't like makeup and such, I don't really look at my face in the mirror when dressing, it is more about the clothes and silhouette. I also identify as non-binary now so I have no problem mixing male and female aspects (skirt and heels with a men's button up shirt, stubble and leg hair). I usually only have a beard in the winter though (helps keeping the face warmer when running or shoveling) but I keep it trimmed once a week (which is a nice break from daily shaving during the rest of the year). But even when I shave daily, I am using a crappy electric razor that doesn't do the closest shave so I usually always have noticeable stubble and it doesn't bother me in the mirror.

I used to; had a full beard for about 40 years. When I started turning gray, and got told that I looked like a homeless man / grandfather, I shaved it off. After that, I was told that I took 10 years off my appearance. Worth getting up early every day to shave. It wasn't until I started shaving every day that I found out just how much better modern razors have improved since the early 70's. The 5 blade hydro is so good, I can shave in every direction without nicks, cuts, or any irritation. Makes for a very smooth, non scratchy skin, as per the ladies who've experienced it on their own sensitive skin areas. Damn, I was born too soon.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Hi Bea

I feel you. A lot like you, I like my face more with a beard. I'm not alone in that, my wife really doesn't fancy my clean shaved look.
    The thing is, however, that I would like to put on make up from time to time whilst being dressed. I hope now my wife knows I'm a crossdresser, I can take the beard of sometimes.
    Luckily, as is the case with hair, it grows back ... sometimes too quick

Liene

Sorry, but any facial hair is just YUCK for me.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I used to shave daily but now I just let it grow till Saturday the.n use my electric razor to get 95% of the beard hair off then use my hydro to smooth it out and get the stuff the electric razor misses. If I know I'm gonna be dressing on a Monday or Tuesday then I'll go over it again on Monday. I think the make up works better with zero hairs on the face.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    I have supported chin whiskers and a mustache for several years, and I keep it closely trimmed. I wouldn't pass, and have no intention in trying either. My thing is lingerie, hose and skirts, with heels on a rare occasion. I'm just a guy who likes certain clothes that don't fit the typical male mode. I support anyone who wishes to do their own thing, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.

The irony of it is that I epilate, or shave the rest of my body. Yah, yah I know, I'm quirky about more than one thing.
    Last edited by Gillian Gigs; 09-19-2018 at 03:57 PM.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

I do. Haven't clean shaved in more than several years. I just wear the clothes, and don't have any interest in makeup, so there is no need to shave. Anyway, I like having beard.

Aspiring Member
    Like sometime miss, I also was told I look a lot younger without the (grey) beard. Been clean shaven for six years now. Fits better with the dress

Ineke

My beard is definitely gray but it camouflages a weak chin well and I really don't mind looking 'older'. I feel like i earned every gray hair and i pretty much just own it.

Oddly, I love the beard, even with a femme style, but i could lose the leg and chest hair and not miss it. The wife has requested that it stay so I keep the furry legs for her.

Banned Read only
    Only had a beard for the last year or so. Not for any particular reason, mostly because I hate to shave even though I normally ONLY shaved once a week for years. One advantage of not having a SO of the 2 legged variety! As I make no attempt to "pass as a female" it's no problemo for me.

I DO shave my arms and legs (OF COURSE!) but just once a week. After several years of (self) waxing, what does still grow is mostly fine/hard to see hair.

Hi Bea,
    There are several of us, bearded ones, on the forum. Check out various "MIaD" posts to see how we look.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

No beard for me.

When I was younger I could not even raise a whisker and shaved only once a week at most.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Up into my thirties, I never had enough facial hair to support a full beard (and no chest hair for that matter). i was baby faced and probably could have passed if I'd tried. I never considered dressing in those days. I tried on a couple of my wife's things and they fit for the most part, but it was so infrequent and just curiosity. I think that I just never considered women's clothes to be an option.

I use a trimmer and always have a shadow or even a beard or goatee. I don’t mess with makeup unless we are going out which hasn’t been done several Halloween’s ago.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Yes. I never shave when dressing at home. Unlike u, I HATE my male face. Beard, stash, and all!

Another thing I like about my masks: On or off in seconds!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I have had a beard for almost 50 years. It is always well-trimmed and very few people see me when I am dressed in my skirts or dresses.
    Thanks to Conchita Worst I have more confidence than earlier years.

I have a mainly grey beard, at over 6ft & large would never be passable, but still love being dressed.

If I was gonna go out for a "night on the town" I'd surely shave up all pretty-like, but otherwise I like to have a bit of a shadow/stubble. I've got a bit of a babyface, and the beard helps with that.

Aspiring Member
    I had a full beard and moustache for about 25 years. I kept it trimmed short though. Then, a few years ago when big, bushy beards suddenly became the vogue, I shaved mine off. It's something I'd wanted to do for years.
    I always thought that if I had a beard, no-one would ever suspect that I was a CD.
    But that way of thinking was incompatible with going outside, which I was yearning to do.
    So when the beard went, I was able to realise another desire.

I RARELY fully shave my face... I almost always keep a 5 o’clock shadow or a decent solid beard going. On the rare occasions that I do shave it’s really just for when I want to dress girly and take pics. Thea rest of the time when I dress, I really just focus on my clothing and the body/silhouette...

Banned Read only
    Bea,
    No beards and dressing for me are incombatible , it's a shave from head to toe every day before heading out the door . Integrating with the public is my main aim, to me it's a wonderful feeling nothing is going to mar that feeling .

I shaved once - so eager the first time- then when it grew back I was WTF?

And I have fun by dressing bearded men I see in feminine imaginary outfits and I am now fully used to the look- no longer feel that it spoils the femininity achieved with an outfit.

So please y'all come over and post pics in the ongoing MIAD sharing thead in the pics section!
    We are all beautiful...!

No! Not for me... I think body hair is uky

Aspiring Member
    I love Beard and sideburns and I grow them in Winter, I love clean shave too, I just dislike shaving.