Thread: Home Office

Home Office

I recently took a job that allows me to mostly work from home. This is very much a first, as I'm usually sitting in traffic or a general office, the latter of which allowed me to get away with some flats or jeans, best case scenario. This is outside of the usual underdressing that goes on from day to day

My partner and I have been discussing home outfits for me, with the difficulty of having a toddler running around. While I'd like to just work from home in pantyhose, dresses, various other ensembles and shoes, we're hesitant to let the wee one get confused.

I suppose this is a very open ended question to home workwear?

Cheers,
    Dani

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Hi. There has been loads of threads about children and when or whether to introduce them to crossdressing that may be useful in your case. In fact there is a current one doing the rounds just now. Personally I believe in being up front about who you are and not worrying about it BUT if this is just a 'bit of fun' for you and not a real 'gender issue' then it may not be fair on the child to confuse them and you can not (and should not) expect them to keep a secret for you. Have a search around, you'll find loads of past experience regarding this.

For me, my biggest draw is skirts so the wife said it was ok for me to wear appropriate length skirts in front of the children (elementary through middle school). Considering we don't wear shoes in the house my wife made it clear I shouldn't wear heels in the house when the kids are in the house. I know just a skirt won't work for most though.

And now most of our friends and family know now about my dressing, my wife wants to keep it hidden from our town cause she is afraid of the kids being bullied about it. We said they tell anyone they see fit, but we won't tell their friends or friends parents because of potential bullying. So it does put the secret on them somewhat. If you aren't out publicly 100% of the time, there is going to be a burden of a secret for the child. And if you are out to your children, you are potentially out to the world. How public can you handle?

I know before I was out to the kids, I would dress sometimes behind my closed locked home office door and change into shorts when coming out. It was kind of annoying to change multiple times a day which is why I had my "work" skirt which was one of my favorites and easy to switch between that skirt and shorts.

Wear jeans or trousers, they are less noticeable, having boobs seems okay as well.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I agree with Daisy. It all really depends on how strong your need to dress to express yourself is. I am totally in favor of starting at a young age because at that age the kids are learning to accept what others accept and treat as abnormal that which others think is abnormal. If you dress in front of them, then you will also need to be brave enough to eventually own up to this side of you with people outside your house, like schoolmates and teachers and other parents. Own it and live it if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyLawrence View Post
    Hi. There has been loads of threads about children and when or whether to introduce them to crossdressing that may be useful in your case. In fact there is a current one doing the rounds just now. Personally I believe in being up front about who you are and not worrying about it BUT if this is just a 'bit of fun' for you and not a real 'gender issue' then it may not be fair on the child to confuse them and you can not (and should not) expect them to keep a secret for you. Have a search around, you'll find loads of past experience regarding this.
    Thanks for the advice, that helps quite a bit. The distinction between fun or gender issue is a bit blurry, but that's a topic for a whole different part of the forum.

I personally wouldn't and I raised four kids and hid my CD the whole while.

The kids have ways to know weather you hide it, their curiosity for finding thing r remarkable. And, they will keep it a secret until you bring the subject.

No need to hide, my point of view.
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

I work strictlt from home with 3 year old twins, and have since before they were a year old. I wear alot of pajama pants lol mostly gender neutral sometimes a little more on the girly side, and they are now at the age where they know and call me on it, and that is ok because they are told that people are free to wear what they want. I have also been growing my hair for two years. I get called every time I pull it back in a pony tail for it being girl like, and the response is always the same, its ok for people to wear their hair however they want.

Interestingly right now my toes are gel coated in a bright pink that the salon lady picked. They are BRIGHT i never wear shoes or socks and neither of the twins have mentioned it. (They were lilac purple gel 6 weeks ago and that wasnt mentioned either geez its time to get them done)

The only real issue that has ever come up was when I got my ears pierced, my niece said boys dont do that, god bless my sister, boys can do whatever they choose just like girls can.

My twins have seen pics of me all dressed to the nines, and they didnt recognize me at all. Neither did my 6 year old.

Wear as you choose, within reason it doesnt need to be talked about outside the house, teach your kid to be open minded, because it will make the world a better place for the next generation.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/154785793@N04/
    Flickr Nickiem83
    Sephora is my drug.