Thread: Jewellery shopping with sister-in-law

Jewellery shopping with sister-in-law

New experience time... I came out to my family about two weeks ago and they've all been great, if still a bit stunned, and in about an hour I am going jewellery shopping (for me) with my sister-in-law in the town where I live, her idea (not dressed though, I'm not there yet). Which is probably the least likely thing I would have expected to be doing today. I'm torn between super excited and freaking out because so many things I always wanted are actually happening that I can't get my head around it...

Anyone done anything like this?
    Last edited by Eemz; 09-22-2018 at 06:59 AM. Reason: not dressed, and ask the question

Is it just you and the sis in law? My only advice is to be careful that you don't overdo it. I think a lot of people who are initially very accepting can get a little freaked out when they are suddenly immersed in it. She may like the idea of shopping with you, but she may became very uncomfortable while actually doing it. Just be aware of that.

OK thanks yeah that the sort of advice I'm looking for. I'm a bit stressed now about the strangeness of it all, but I know myself well enough to know that once I settle down I'll lose all shame and possibly go off the deep end. I'll keep you all posted on the outcome. Here goes. She's outside...

Yes, nice and easy, there is no rush and there is always tomorrow or next month! Rushing it would be like smearing your lippy, so don't!

Breathe!
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Be interested but not over enthusiastic in anything you do.

Be careful about making girlie statements that would not normally come from a man.

Even saying isn't that gorgeous or using the word pretty can be a turn off.

Hey! make the most of it and be guided by what the sis in law says and does.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.