Thread: Princess Dress

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Princess Dress

We had a black tie wedding out of town a few weeks ago, I got a tuxedo and my wife bought a gown. I was flattered that when she went to look for the gown she asked me to go with her, telling me I have good taste and I'm very honest.
    The night of the wedding we were in a hotel and I hadn't seen the dress since she bought it and it had to be altered so I didn't really get a real look at it. I went downstairs to ask if anyone knew how to make a bow tie, because I never had worn a bow tie before, when I went back in the room my wife had the gown on. My mouth dropped, she looked like a princess, the dress was silver with dark grey jewels on it and she must have seen the envey and jealous look on my face standing there in a boring tuxedo.
    Yesterday I went to the dry cleaners and found my wife brought my tuxedo and her gown, I brought the dress home and wanted so bad to try it on, but I decided to respect my wife's wishes that if I want to wear anything of hers to ask first.
    My wife came home and seen the dry cleaning and asked if the gown wasn't ready to be picked up, I told her I hung it in her closet. She asked me if I tried it on yet, I told her I wasn't going to lie it did cross my mind, she told me to go try it on. She said more then likely she is never going to wear that gown again so when she had it altered she asked the lady not to cut the material on the bottom and instead fold it in and she now asked to lengthen it 4inches longer so it fits me.
    WOW! I think my eyes came out of my sockets with excitement and then I asked her what she told the lady when she asked to have it lengthened, my wife told me that she didn't have to explain nothing, it wasn't her business.
    I told her she didn't have to do that for me and she said it was like a thank you for taking the time and patience to find that dress and doesn't know many of her friends are as fortunate to have a husband who would do that for there wives.I thanked her and instantly went to try it on, it's beautiful and I couldn't believe how much it weighed. When I get a chance to fully dress I will take some pictures.
    I couldn't believe that my wife did that for me and I was so excited I had to share it here with my friends. Now all I need is a ball to attend.Lol
    Last edited by Maria 60; 09-22-2018 at 08:27 AM.