Thread: Spotted by a SA and owned it!

Spotted by a SA and owned it!

After a great day at the spa with mani, pedi, facial and full waxing of the legs I was spotted by a SA in a mall. I went to the mall (always in drab, never been out) to buy some matte polish to put over my beautifully manicured shiny nails before going to my conservative office on Monday. After I bought it at the make up store without any hitches I walked across the mall towards my car only to be stopped by an eager SA of a beauty stall in the middle of the mall. In her eagerness to sell me what turned out to be some nail buffer, she grabbed my hand (I guess to work some magic on my nails). She was shocked by the perfect shiny manicured hands and could only ask me in shock what I had put in them. I told her about my base, two coats of light pink polish (French rose) and a shiny top coat, followed by a feigned disbelief comment of “what, don’t you like them?” She recovered well with “I love them” and tried to show her magic buffer on her own nails.

I loved owning it!

Truth be told, lately I don’t think I have a problem owning it in front of total strangers, but to friends, family (except my wife) and co-workers I just can’t. Maybe one day...

I often wear nail polish in male mode, and I've gotten no end of complements from women. I always smile and say thank you. I love it.

Congratulations Carolina. One step at a time, and there are more steps and then some leaps and then some realization that the outside world is not as scary as it looks. I have had similar sweet young girls ambush me from those island kiosks. Usually that are selling magic skin improvement creams that really do feel and look good there in the mall! It really is hard to say "NO" so many times and then get hooked into stopping. So far I have not bought one of their products, which are not cheap when they keep upselling from one cream to a whole and complicated skin improvement system.

Platinum Member
    Hi Carolina , I keep my nails looking great and always have a nice coat of light pink ice polish,
    I am always getting positive comment from SA's & Cahiers about my nails.

Last Christmas season the same thing happened to me at the mall. >Orchid ..++..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Caroline, no offense, but how would u NOT "own it"? Say your 6 y/o old daughter was playing "princess" with u? Or, that u accidently stopped at the manicurist instead of the barber?

I think that anyone who does their nails and goes out is purposely outing themselves!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I have been bailed up by people in the carpark that know me, all I do is carry on the conversation knowingly, yep! just own it, if you answer with feathers in your mouth you spoil the initial meeting.

Just agree and make the meeting a success.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Carolina,
    The problem I have is forgetting I'm wearing it , annoyingly I have to do drab sometimes but change as soon as I have the cahnce but often the nails get forgotten in the changeover . I know when people have spotted them because I usually get an OH ! and I find they are following my hand movements when I talk to them .

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    .. I think that anyone who does their nails and goes out is purposely outing themselves!
    Yeah Doc, I guess you're right about that. It's kind of like going out in a D-cup bra and forms in male mode. Oh wait! I've done that too! OOPS!

A similar thing happened to me a while ago by neccessity in drab! oh how I hate those drab days thankfully about once a week but getting back to things my nails wee nicely painted and there was no time to take the varnish off so I bit the bullet and off I went I went to the charcuterie section of the supermarket i use and ordered what i needeed and the SA, who I knew a bit but irrelavent for now, as she handed the wrapped met to me saw my painted nails and said ooh! that was that I smiled said something like my new look and from then on she was even more friendly than before!
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Carolina , Good on you.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Yes, she spotted your lovely nails but she couldn't know the rest of the story could she? She might just think you're gay...
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

That's awesome Carolina! I love it!
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!