Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Running with a bra

Running with a bra

I’m a rather new and cautious member but have been sufficiently inspired by the people here to go out for a run wearing a bralette this morning. This is the first time I’ve been out of the apartment wearing one. I wore a heavy tee shirt over it and the straps were barely noticeable.
    I passed by a young lady out for an early run and I suppresssed an urge to say “hi, I’m wearing a a bra too!”. I just said good morning.

That was probably a wise decision.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I often wear panties and a bra..even when working outside...mowing the grass, pruning, etc. I wave at neighbors, but do wear a loose shirt. I understand your wanting to say something, but discretion prevails.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaiden View Post
    I passed by a young lady out for an early run and I suppresssed an urge to say “hi, I’m wearing a a bra too!”. I just said good morning.
    Good Lord! Please don't ever do that. You'll come across as a creeper and might get a stream of mace shot in your eyes.

I used to run with a pretty snug sports bra. I found that it held my man-boobs in place and allowed me a more proper gate. But a recurring knee injury has prevented me from running for almost a year now.

As far as your choice of a bralet... I don't think a bralet is going to do anything for form or function as far as running goes but hey... you have fun with that I guess.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

Banned Read only
    Back in my running days I ran everyday in a sports bra, woman's running shoes, shorts, and matching top.

Occasionally I would get a nice smile or big grin from women on the trail but I never spoke to any of them.

I now need a bra just to get downstairs!

Running would be impossible, but that's my choice. Heavy and wobbly is what I love. I am trying to get heavier and more reliant on my partner, if you understand what I mean.

Platinum Member
    Hi Mermaien . Descretion is the better part of Valor. >Orchid ..++..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    With a bad ankle, running is not for me. I do however ride my bicycle every morning. I have been getting more and more bold...I now ride with a women's racerback top, sports bra, capri leggings, and sneakers that are obviously feminine. I love the freedom I feel dressing how I want to.
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Running or waking I think there are a lot of us who would love to let others know what we are wearing. I think that is subconsciously why we go out among the world dressed. I would love to be able to share a dialogue with some lady about womens clothing. But alas it isn't going to happen except in my dreams.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

I prefer to run in sports bras and do almost all the time except in the warm months when I have to be a little more careful about being noticed. Everyone knows me around here, so I have to be careful. Some are thinner and I can hide easily while others have a thicker edging and stand out a lot more unless I’m layered up pretty good. I used to have a lot of nipple chaffing when running, but a sports bra has fixed that. Always figured if I did get caught, that’s the excuse I would use. But, it’s the truth. I did run some trails last week and when I got back I changed shirts and oh boy, I had a perfect sweaty bra outline on the back of my shirt! You have to be careful what color shirt you wear. Darker shirts, especially with lots of writing on the back (like race sponsors, etc) work well for me. I probably shouldn’t have worn that light gray shirt last week! -Meg

You Go Girl!! i totally understand the desire to say to a GG hey i have something in common with you...
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Really Becky? Why not try it, go running as a man and say to the first woman you see 'hey I'm wearing a bra too'. Let us know how that goes for you.
    Last edited by DaisyLawrence; 09-24-2018 at 06:28 AM.

I should clarify. While I felt like announcing my bra, there is no way I would have done that for all the good reasons pointed out.
    But I have been looking at sports bras as the weather gets cooler and I could wear a light jacket for cover up.

Banned Read only
    Becky Blue,
    I have mentioned in previous posts that when I pass a woman or women in the mall I am thinking we are both wearing a bra and panties/thong. Wondered how our lingerie compared. Would have loved to talk to them about this and then go shopping/trying on together.

Daisy,
    I like you #12 comment, while jogging I did just that to a flat chested woman running the other way and she said man I wish I had a set of D boobs like you do, like your bra too. (just kidding, didn't happen).

Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
    Becky Blue,
    I have mentioned in previous posts that when I pass a woman or women in the mall I am thinking we are both wearing a bra and panties/thong. Wondered how our lingerie compared. Would have loved to talk to them about this and then go shopping/trying on together.
    I wouldn't risk it, I'm pretty sure shopping/trying on together is not going to be the outcome of that conversation. Trip in the back of a police car more likely.

No need to take it further than that. She doesn't need to know that you are wearing a bra and she, most likely, wouldn't want to know anyway.

Silver Member
    Bounce, bounce, bounce!

I have a sports bra I will wear under a loose fitting shirt or light jacket like a wind breaker. It's totally unnoticed when I am around others but the important thing is I know its there along with my panties. I feel good and totally unexposed. I would never announce to a stranger that I was wearing these items anymore than I would announce the size color and style of mens underwear I was wearing to a total stranger.

Silver Member
    I have walked with our neighbor women for years as they come and go . During that time I've worn a bra most all the time. When we started one summer I wore t-shirts which I'm sure left little question about my choice in clothes. I started with souvenir tees and progressed into more feminine styles over the winter. It was easy to wear women's sweats. By the next spring fashion finds were shared by the women with me. One night I wore a boat neck top which allowed my bra straps to show. One of the women said, "you have the same problem I do with straps sneaking out." That was all that was ever said.

I've shopped with a few women for many years. They know about my choice in clothes and I often wear fem clothes when we go. I don't wear dresses, nor do they. I do wear some very pretty silk shirts with a bra which leaves little doubt. I've purchased lingerie while we all were standing in line to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyLawrence View Post
    Really Becky? Why not try it, go running as a man and say to the first woman you see 'hey I'm wearing a bra too'. Let us know how that goes for you.
    Daisy if I said even half the thoughts I have out loud....I would be in jail/hospital/luny bin/.. I would definitely have no friends and probably no business
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Becky. That may be my problem then. So I really shouldn't take this opportunity to tell you that it's looney bin not luny bin.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I find running with a bra to be uncomfortable. Running with a sports bra is better.

But remember, NEVER EVER run with scissors!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Just wearing running tights while I run every morning really makes me feel girly...now you have me thinking about wearing a running bra under my t-shirt as well.

Aspiring Member
    lingerieLiz - I have just started to add to my collection silk shirts that are very sheer. The look and feel when wearing them is great. I remember an English teacher in high school that had a sheer shirt on that allowed you to see her bra underneath - probably helped cement my crossdressing in my teenage years. Women have such lovely fashions as compared to boring men's clothes.

Aspiring Member
    I’m a rather new and cautious member but have been sufficiently inspired by the people here to go out for a run wearing a bralette this morning. This is the first time I’ve been out of the apartment wearing one. I wore a heavy tee shirt over it and the straps were barely noticeable.
    Hi Mermaiden,
    I don't post here much as with limited time I have, I mostly contribute to Nonbinary/ TS sections of the forum. However, your topic picked my attention. I have been running for 2.5 years. 10 months ago I went on estrogen and my breast grew enough to bounce uncomfortably during the run. So I bought a sports bra. Running with bra was way better going forward. It is hidden by any T shirt I wear. However, I have been pushing my boundaries further by running either with womens tank top that clearly showed it, or even without any shirt on top, just in bra on some very hot and humid summer mornings. Granted, I ran on a trail at 6 AM, there were still men and women passing by. The funny thing, I started to run with heart rate chest monitor. During the first few encounters, my heart rate jumped by 5% . I am truly non binary, and don't live full time as either man or woman. So I still look undoubtedly as a men running in bra. Oh yes, I finally bought a running skirt and wear it exclusively when I run in tank shirt with bra visible because it just makes sense. Good motivation to get up at 5-6 AM for run on weekend.
    Good luck!