Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gendered Pronouns and the MIAD (or other non-binaries)

I identify as a man in a dress (or skirt for that matter). I'm not out, but in case that happens one day I know that being referred to in feminine pronouns would feel awkward. I wouldn't be offended should that happen and would gladly explain, but actually it's the people's response upon seeing me in the first place I fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    Maybe recently but I remember Man In A Dress being used here years ago it just never caught on before, or it did for a while and faded away.

In fact that used to be someone's posting tag who came here and posted regularly about how he was just a man in a dress and nothing else.

I still don't understand why we need to come up with all these special labels for ourselves and others anyway.
    I don't claim that I invented the term only that its acronym after I used it seems to have become a handy tool to express the idea of "man in a dress" or skirt.
    The labels are useful to distinguish different sub-sets. When I say that I'm a crossdresser some may think that I impersonate a woman, breasts, hair, shoes etc. but when I say: I'm a MIAD a completely different image is perceived. When I express an opinion it matter a little more whether it's coming from a regular CD or a MIAD. At least it matters to me. I feel more liberated to comment on subjects that I hesitated in the past.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

Banned Read only
    It's an inescapable FACT. Something easily proved that there are always some percentage of "full presenters" here who are not happy with "partial presenters" going out in public. Some are more tactful of their opinions than others. Many obviously wish we would not do that.

Quite a few of these have never been out in public even one time (dressed) because they "know" how the RW world will react.

This ^^^^ kind of attitude helps no one.

Speaking as a 'full presenter', I for one applaud what Salerba, Asew, Phil, & the other MIAD's are doing. Their courage to be themselves helps pave the way for the rest of us to be accepted when we do venture out of our closets and into the real world.

They will always have my heartfelt thanks! Should I have an opportunity to meet them I will happily express my gratitude in person!

I recall a variant of "man in a dress" dating back at least three decades, namely "(male chicken) in a frock". Whatever the label, I'm very much on the milder end of the crossdressing spectrum. In other corners of the interwebs, I have felt a little intimidated by the vocal CDs who are able to present as truly passable. I can admire their art, but it is not something I need to replicate.
    Last edited by beckypanties; 09-30-2018 at 08:44 AM. Reason: word filter