Thread: Finally accepted this part of me.

Finally accepted this part of me.

Today for the first time since I started dressing, I went out in public, fully dressed. Wig, make up etc. Went to a gas station and then a convience store. No problems and no remarks. Good or bad. Of course I knew I wouldn't pass, but didn't care. I enjoyed being out and about dressed. As of today, I finally accepted that this will always be a part of me which made the going out openly a lot easier. I live in a southern state next to a large military base. Where its 1/2 good ol boy and 1/2 military town. No one said anything to me. I was half expecting some good 'll boy to say something. But no one did. Since accepting this as a part of me, I have found peace.

You Go Girl!
    It is not as scary as it seems! The more you go out the easier it will get.
    Still, Be carefull.
    I know the Boy Scouts slogan is "Be Prepared" We CD'ers need a good slogan too!

Tina

May you have many good outings, it becomes sooo natural after a while.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

So awesome!! Congrats Lynn 💜

Well, congrats to you Lynn! Sounds like you had a fabulous day, and it seems that "I knew I wouldn't pass, but didn't care" says a lot about you and your strengths.

Congratulations on your maiden voyage. Hopefully, it'll be the first of many. I'm happy for you.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Glad you had a fine first outing.
    Good old boys are really some of the nicest most accepting people you will meet.
    They may not understand why you dress but they are very polite and considerate.
    I have done trans group meetings all over Eastern Ky right in the mountains and the people were all so nice to our group.
    I hauled coal in Eastern Ky for years so I knew what the people were like and I had no problem taking a group down there.
    So you live close to Ft Campbell huh?

Lynn, I'm glad your outing was successful. Most people just don't care. Those who do, will keep it to themselves.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Hi Lynn,

Congrats to you! Self acceptance us a good thing and im glad you have found peace.

Elizabeth

I too have felt good while "out and about". Being a "gurl" has opened up all sorts of fantasies and thoughts. Needless to say, Roxanne loves being a sweet "Gurl".

Roxanne Lanyon
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be

Lynn, this is a terrific story! I am so glad you had a good experience, but I am also grateful that your story can be an inspiration for others who want to take their first step but fear doing so.

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

Hi Lynn

Good on you. It's a bridge-crossing moment in so many ways and I'm glad it went well for you. Next time will be even better

Rachel

Quote Originally Posted by Tina June View Post
    You Go Girl!
    It is not as scary as it seems! The more you go out the easier it will get.
    Still, Be carefull.
    I know the Boy Scouts slogan is "Be Prepared" We CD'ers need a good slogan too!

Tina
    It’s called “the reality of being a woman”

Accepting yourself for what you are is a big very important step. Good for you! Things will just get better for you. Enjoy!
    Hugs, Carole

Out again.

Well, I just got completely dressed and for my second time, I went out in public. Stopped at a convience store,, got a coffee (no problem there), then went to a Dollar tree store and looked around a bit, then went to the cashier where i got me a candy bar ( got hungary) and after i paid for it, she said thank you mamm. It felt really good to be called mamm. I believe she said that to me as a courtesy and just being polite, i don't believe I can pass, I am not that good. Now I am sitting out under a tree, in a open field getting ready to sit and watch the sunset. Something I've wanted to do for years and do it dressed up. I have a nice, long white skirt on and a nice cream colored blouse. With a knee length sweater to match. I love watching sunsets, and so this one will be special for me.

Congrats on getting out and about and following your dreams! I hope to one day follow in your footsteps.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnstar View Post
    Well, I just got completely dressed and for my second time, I went out in public. Stopped at a convience store,, got a coffee (no problem there), then went to a Dollar tree store and looked around a bit, then went to the cashier where i got me a candy bar ( got hungary) and after i paid for it, she said thank you mamm. It felt really good to be called mamm. I believe she said that to me as a courtesy and just being polite, i don't believe I can pass, I am not that good. Now I am sitting out under a tree, in a open field getting ready to sit and watch the sunset. Something I've wanted to do for years and do it dressed up. I have a nice, long white skirt on and a nice cream colored blouse. With a knee length sweater to match. I love watching sunsets, and so this one will be special for me.
    you'll remember this particular sunset forever Congratulations Accepting that this is just me being myself has made my life so much better and I'm sure it'll be the same for you.

@justme you'll get there it'll happen when the time is right.

Congratulations!! What a wonderful dear post........
    Lisa