Thread: Eating my words on being a MIAD !

Banned Read only

Eating my words on being a MIAD !

The incident could have gone either way but I decided to laugh it off !

I was trying on a tunic top in a changing cubicle with the help of a SA , it looked very nice but had slipped it on over my dress . As she helped me peel it off over my head I could feel my wig caught inside the tunic , I tried to think of a warning but it was too late , there I stood as a MIAD admittedly with makeup and boobs . I smiled at the SA and said , " Well now you know what the man looks like !" she just smiled at that and handed me my wig but said nothing . I carefuly and calmly replaced it and pulled out my brush to tidy it up .

I guess it's no worse then a lady who for some reason has to wear a wig , in fact it possibly could be worse for her because at least I have some hair underneath whereas a cancer sufferer may not .

Banned Read only
    HAIR. On the head or on the face or on the body. It's just the wrapping paper exactly like clothes. Sane, reasonable intelligent people are not going to care but will concern themselves over what's INside the box

That has been my experience anyway.
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 09-29-2018 at 07:04 AM. Reason: comment removed

It probably happens more often than you think.

Of all possible wardrobe malfunctions, yours was very benign.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Banned Read only
    Wildaboutheels,
    A little more complicated than that ,I guess it was bound to happen at some point , I'll have to make sure it's better anchored down next time I go trying clothes on .

Teresa I think that is one of the fears that we all have to live with, and one day will have to deal with. Sounds like you handled it very well by laughing it off and not making a big deal about it. Thank you for sharing gives us all a very good way to handle the situation if it happens to us.

Hello Teresa,
    Shop assistants have one main aim in life - to sell things to you; so I suspect that they are trained to be non-judgmental these days.
    luv J

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I've often said that what SA's and servers call me doesn't matter. As long as they r polite and trying to do their job!

U r quite lucky that u may pass, Teresa. But, in my mind passing only counts with the vanillas who see u when u r out. Those r the ones who rudely give me the fish eye, comment loudly, gaffah, or gush the ever popular, "OMG! That's a man", medley!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Teresa this is another reason for growing out my hair, I became weary of wigs and all the fuss that goes along.
    My hair is now shoulder length and getting fuller throughout.
    Now I can style MY HAIR!
    "Missed it by that much!"

Teresa,

I sew 4 wig clips into all my wigs, two in the back and two on the side. Never had a problem in the dressing room or windy days out on the bay.

Banned Read only
    Carmen,
    Not going to happen for me , the days of shoulder length hair are in the dim and distant past . I'm very happy with my wig it does a great job and it's the first time I've had a problem , obviously it wouldn't have been a problem at all if the SA wasn't helping me . On occasions I have slipped my wig off in the changing rooms when trying on items when I'm alone .

Sophie ,
    I've been out in windy conditions but it was the tight neck line without a zip that created the problem with the item I was trying on . It's partly why I didn't want to slip out of the knittted dress I was wearing and tried the tunic over the top .

Platinum Member
    Hi Teresa , You handled it like a perfectional, And never skipping a beat. >Orchid ..oo..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Not the same but On a night out in Edinburgh one drunken reveller thought it would be hilarious to whip my friends wig off,was biggest mistake they ever made

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

The only time I lose my hair is walking under a tree with low branches.

That is something I do look out for.

If changing clothes in a store I am extra careful, I would feel naked without my hair.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    One of my wigs has little combs sewn into them. When you try to pull the wig off. They grip onto your own hair and keep the wig in place. They work really well, so I'm thinking of sewing some in all my wigs.