Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crossdressing and being gay.

^^^^ After that, I can't think of anything in the notions department of the local sex shop that would interest a crossdresser. (Unless bondage crossdressing does something for somebody) Ahh, oops, I was wrong.

You may laugh now.
    I don't dress up because I want to be a woman, I dress up to make me happy.

At least you have the opportunity of educating your wife, then maybe she wants more excitement in her life.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by abby054 View Post
    From the scientific work that I have read, homosexuality appears to occur in the crossdresser population at about the same rate as in the general population. How to get an accurate sample is problematic due to the difficulty of identifying accurately members of the crossdresser population.
    Sounds like we should do a poll... copy the questions from the scholarly work done in the 70 and 90's and post it in the sticky section.

Anyway, I would probably answered in the affirmative - "sounds like fun - what did you have in mind?" or "do you have any suggestions?" Giggle... i don't see any downside and lots of upside potential. Maria you are a lucky girl...

Finally, I don't see how sex toys have anything to do with gay or straight.

I have never understood the automatic assumption that crossdressers are gay. From my experience most gay men don't even like crossdressers. They want their man to be and look like a man. Also as far as toys go, many straight men like some time of anal stimulation and toys, myself included. So if my S/O called and asked that I wouldn't make the assumption that she thought I was gay, I would be happy she thought about my pleasure needs.

Quote Originally Posted by natalie edwards View Post
    Yeah it's kinda cool that she's so accepting and asked but I have to wonder what her reaction would be if you said yeah I need a bigger dildo my ass is so stretched! Get me something 12" or more and at least 2-3" circumference and preferably black! LOL!

Gasp! Natalie!! I think somebody hacked your account! I can't believe sweet little innocent Natalie said this!

Reality Check
    My thought is, maybe she was hinting about buying a strap-on for her to use on you when you're dressed. How's that for a fantasy?

As far as crossdressers being gay, that's a pretty common thought among the non-crossdressing public. I don't think we're going to change that.
    Krisi

I have four close Gay friends and I've been to (out of control Gay parties) and I have never seen any of them in dresses.
    Some of them have told me they had no interest in woman's clothes because they're attracted to men.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

My wife told me, before I told her I was a CDer and she did research on the subject, she thought CDers were gay.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

The first thing my wife asked when I told her about my CDing is "Are you gay?" For a month or so after that she had nightmares about me turning out gay. But I have no desire to be with a man. If anything, I think my desire for women has some correlation with my desire for CDing.

I think there are two main parts of why people thing CDers are gay. One, is we dress this way to attract a man. But I know for me, I dress this way for internal desires, not outward for other people's desires. And two, drag performers are typically gay, but what people don't realize is they are doing drag for fun, but when trying to attract a partner they are not in drag. I can understand how dressing up is fun, though I am too introverted to be a performer.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria 60 View Post
    ...I didn't deny that in the past at times when I was dressed I told her I wonder what it would be like to get the attention from a man...
    Let's just admit that this is a little bit gay. It would especially seem that way to the muggles.

I agree. I no longer think in black and white terms about anything whether it be sexual preference or gender identity. I think it's all on a spectrum, and it seems to me that I've been at varying places on that spectrum during different times of my life. I do judge myself too harshly, but I'm getting better at accepting whatever I feel at any given time, and I know that it's very human and it's okay.

Sometimes Miss, I have noticed the declining desire in women for men for quite a long time now. I see the vast majority of American women over 50, having zero need for men anymore. The love and respect for men is at an all time low, so mo wonder so many CDs and other guys are frustrated, and willing to try another way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
    Sounds like we should do a poll... copy the questions from the scholarly work done in the 70 and 90's and post it in the sticky section.

Anyway, I would probably answered in the affirmative - "sounds like fun - what did you have in mind?" or "do you have any suggestions?" Giggle... i don't see any downside and lots of upside potential. Maria you are a lucky girl...

Finally, I don't see how sex toys have anything to do with gay or straight.
    Can we just put up a pol and advance the scientific research! It's a moral imperative... me thinks!

The closest I could come to being "gay" would be caressing a very good-looking M2F crossdresser, which I expect will never happen. I prefer to caress my actual GF.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

Quote Originally Posted by Judy-Somthing View Post
    I have four close Gay friends and I've been to (out of control Gay parties) and I have never seen any of them in dresses.
    Some of them have told me they had no interest in woman's clothes because they're attracted to men.
    I can relate to this. In my perspective, I'm interested in women's clothes BECAUSE I'm attracted to women!

I agree with the poll idea, using the 3 main labels that describe your sexual orientation as a crossdresser, Heterosexual, Bisexual, Gay. If you feel you fall under another label you can explain it in your post.