Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally bought a house

Finally bought a house

Been looking for a house for a year. Lost a couple for unknown reasons. Will close at end of month. One of my first protests is to build Stephanie room with a closet and make up area storage for all the accessories. It will be a hidden room with special hidden access so anyone gets near it they don't know there is a room. After 4 years of storage time to dust off the clothes, update the make up and buy some new threads and shoes. perfect timing sine its October

Aspiring Member
    Aha, the old secret passage hidden behind a moveable bookcase.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Congratulations, Steph! Home ownership is a cornerstone of our democracy!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Glad to hear you are joining the home owner brigade. You will find that your free time will be a little less now that you have the up keep of a home. But IT is worth it for sure!!

Fran

Congratulations

Banned Read only
    Stepahie,
    Congratulations ! I know how it feels , OK for some of us it does come at a price .

When I did my move I decided the hiding was finally over , so no secrets from anyone and no need for hidden closets . I have two double fitted wardrobes in my bedroom which anyone is free to look in , the first one has a few male things and the other is beginning to overflow so the male side now the male side is being taken over . Sounds familiar doesn't it ?

Enjoy your freedom to dress and go out as you please , I know I do . ( My avatar picture was taken in front of my new home just before going out for the evening ).

Owning a home is a new adventure in your life and one that has many rewards and benefits, sounds like cross dressing in a way. You are the king of your castle, errr maybe the queen, but you get what I mean.
    Enjoy and good luck! Crissy

Stephanie, congratulations.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Congratulations, owning a home priceless. You can be the king or Queen, whatever your heart desire.

Enjoy.
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

Yes, it can be a lot of work, but the entire neighborhood enjoys my garden. Especially after I re-arranged the front yard so it is in bloom all season long! From daffodils and the cherry tree in the Spring to roses that bloom until the hard frosts of fall!

Congratulations on your new home!

Congratulations Stephanie! Sounds like you have everything planned out and hope that all goes off smoothly

Sounds like a good plan, may it be a success for you.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

A hidden room with hidden access. Sounds like fun. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by nvlady View Post
    Aha, the old secret passage hidden behind a moveable bookcase.
    I can't read something like this without my thoughts going here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO3qJGKs9gw

Now that the laughs are through, I recently purchased a house as well, but simply put a lock on my closet and bedrooms. A friend did ask me why I have locks on them, I simply answered that I have plenty of guests, and don't ever want to have to suspect anyone of stealing things. The old 'fences make good neighbors' concept. Which is true, because I have a model train setup with plenty of valuable items that could be easily pocketed. FWIW, these are the door 'knobs' that I have used: https://www.grainger.com/product/5U7...EaAhDUEALw_wcB
    Easy to use; pressing the combination in becomes pretty much automatic after a short while, and you can never lock yourself out.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Read only
    Why would feel the need to go to all of that effort to hide your things in your own house?

What kind of friends do you have?

We have owned our house for 20 years now and I cannot think of a single time any guest, friend or family ever ventured into our bedroom without being invited.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 10-05-2018 at 01:04 PM.

I was thinking adams family bookcase, with a slide and all

Congrats on the house!

Lot's of justifiable reasons Roberta. Dressing for some is very personal and private and being found out can definitely alter some peoples' lives very negatively. Some people are very friendly and open about many things but not their private lives. Some people are very friendly and trusting of others like good friends, friends and even neighbors, like, "I left the papers on my bed. You can go get them there.", and a thousand other reasons. It is not bad or incorrect for one to be in the closet as they personally define in their closet! Maybe you don't have a lot of friends over who can use one of your bathrooms or would be told to get the papers off of your bed. Maybe you are totally out and expect every other person to be like you. We are all different and not necessarily wrong in our differences.

Banned Read only
    I hear what you are saying Allie, but a secret room seems a little over the top. Besides unless it's a mansion, it's going to be easy to tell there's a room there if you have any sense of space.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 10-05-2018 at 01:22 PM.

I agree that the layout in a traditional tract home where most are similar in basic layout, maybe a few different layouts, with only minor changes on the outside. Maybe in a basement where you wall off one complete end and put other rooms in front of it? Who knows, but she seems to have a plan, which I would be very interested in seeing because my Dad was a custom home builder.

Personally, I think house ownership is a very mixed blessing. You become completely responsible for repairs and maintenance. You can make some changes if you want, but major changes might require building permits. If you are part of a Home Owners Association (HOA) you may find yourself restricted in many surprising ways. As long as property taxes exist you will be making payments to the government for the privilege of living in your own house. If for some reason you want to move, the house ties you down. Nonetheless, I wish you well.

Banned Read only
    Charona,
    No better way to secure your money in the UK , I feel the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages , rented property is just money down the drain also you still have to pay council taxes .
    I must agree with Roberta on hidden rooms , coming out to friends and neighbours isn't so bad , my neighbours are great and I've actually found out which freinds I can now trust . If people come visiting and they all know why would they need to go snooping , they only have to ask and I'll show them my outfits and shoes .

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Congrats being a homeowner is a great thing.
    Secret rooms are well worth the time and effort you will love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Charona View Post
    If you are part of a Home Owners Association (HOA) you may find yourself restricted in many surprising ways.
    ^This is something that we all need to be very aware of. My friend had purchased his retirement home in one of those developments; and is now stuck with being told how he can paint and decorate his house, what trees he can plant AND which ones he's not allowed to remove, he's even prohibited from parking two cars in his driveway even though there's more than enough room for them. Not to mention, the mandatory monthly fees that can quickly cause your own budget to stretch even if the so called 'improvements' don't actually improve your own property. All this isn't a big problem if you have a lot of money, but for those on a fixed income and aren't well off, it's probably not necessarily a good idea. Be careful when purchasing your next home.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    When I bought my last house I went across the street to where they didn't have a homeowners assn.
    Why pay to be told what you can and cannot do to your own property.

I bought my home because the landlord was selling the house I was renting right out from under us! The home I bought is less for the mortgage than the rent in this area! Taxes and insurance are in with the mortgage and I am not in an area with a home owners association! I pay some one to take care of the yard due to my COPD! I have a small emergency checking account for whatever needs to be done! It is mine, cost less than rent, and is home! Much success with yours! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix