Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why do you feel it is necessary to change or not change your voice?

My voice is the least of my worries when dressed.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I've been working on my voice for some time. It keeps getting better. Sometimes I'm amazed at how feminine I sound, but it could just be my Imagination. I use a feminine voice when I'm out dressed because I want to sound like a lady.

Last week I had to take a tech support call to sort something on my wife's mobile. First question was "Is that [insert SO's name]?". I decided to wing it and in my best, soft, breathy voice answered "Yes". After a lengthy pause she carried on. 10 minutes later my voice was cracking up and I was desperate for the call to end. All got sorted but I think we were both glad when it was over

Reality Check
    If you're just dressing around the house, your male voice isn't going to be much of a problem although if you've gone to a lot of trouble to look and act like a female, it would be a shame to not sound like one.

If you go out as a "man in a dress", why bother, you're not fooling anyone anyway.

Now if you have the size to pull off the female (passing) thing and the foam and silicone accessories, wig, clothes, makeup, etc. and your goal is to have people think they have just seen a female, it would seem a shame to throw it all away by talking in a low, manly voice. This is where you should be putting the same effort into creating a female voice as you put into creating a female figure, walk, etc. Just like with size, some of us have the advantage of a natural higher pitched voice. Others would have to really work at it.
    Krisi

It seems to me, for me, that it all goes together as a package ... fake boobs, fake hips, fake voice. Same as for jewelry or wig or perfume or ... oh well, I hope you get the idea.

At least for me & my efforts.

Fran

Banned Read only
    Rachelish,
    Precisely it's almost impossible to keep it up, if you go out day after day and talk you to people you just get accepted , we are not going to fool all the people all of ther time so why make a fool of yourself trying .

Fran,
    I keep the fake part to a minimum , so it's just a little extra in my bra , some makeup and my wig the rest is me , that's how the World sees me and I get along just fine !

The reason I work on my voice is because I want to be seen and treated as a woman. My voice isnt very manly anyway so all I do is use more words than needed and not hit the lower octaves.

Over the years i`ve been able to `soften ` voice to how i`m feeling (feminine). Wife can always tell when i`m dressed when I talk on phone. Hmmmm,,,hope not too obvious to others?

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    My natural voice isn't manly at all but attempts at a 'femme' voice just sound like me but less loud. I'd never fool anyone.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

When I'm with men, I try to talk and act feminine. I'm told my voice is quite passable. I used a trainer app and was able to hit the right pitch and tone/

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KimberlyJean View Post
    ..........so all I do is use more words than needed...........
    I laughed at that and my wife said "yep, that'll do it. First rule of being a woman, why use one word when a thousand will do". Many a true word spoken in jest me thinks.

I have a deepish voice, its my giveaway when dressed out. Its actually very pleasing when i talk to someone and they get a look of surprise after hearing me. I try talk a lot softer but when I am having a lot of fun its hard to remember always lol.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I do alter my voice when out dressed enfemme. According to my wife i can raise and soften my pitch enough to sound like some female with a deeper pitch think, Kathleen Turner and Angelina Jolie.
    Jill

I try to maintain a higher pitched and softer voice when out. It usually works for awhile with me falling back to a somewhat deeper natural sound. I do want to move into a higher and more feminine voice, but I tend to be lazy about things that require dedicated continual work. Why is it important to me? Well, a few years ago I was in a restaurant with a friend of mine, both of us dressed as women. A couple sat at the table next to us with less than a foot separating the tables. We were not talking much nor very loud when they sat down. We eventually started talking again and, as usual, included that table next door in our conversation. After a while the wife said that they initially thought that we were women. However, when they eventually heard our voices, that gave us away. That was and is my incentive, because I always blend in well and am close to passing well, as well! So, I want to speak as a woman. Now, I need to actually work more diligently on it.

I don't care about going public, so I'm not concerned about my voice so far, but some day it would be nice to be dressed in the company of my GF and try my feminine voice. I've only tried it a few times when by myself and I haven't recorded it, so I don't know if it sounds good on the outside as it does inside of me. What I found is that I seem to be able to imitate Carol Channing's voice pretty well. Maybe some day I'll record myself and see if I at least still sound feminine. To do her voice, it helps me a lot to smile big while talking or singing.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

Personally, voice is very important to me and I've tried a number of things. It takes a lot of work.

for me the voice is very important, i am very self conscious about it since i have such a deep normal voice 😭 . i plan to work on it soon , i figure since i have a rather high singing voice strangely enough, i should be able to open up my speaking voice a bit, i hope 😉

I'm too lazy
    I mean like really, I have a mans body with all the bits and pieces including the voice
    So for a few hours a week I might talk a little softer, but I don't really care.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz