Thread: Finally some changes for good

Finally some changes for good

Hello everyone, I have had some ups and downs on my mood, I'm feeling awful at the moment I'm typing this, but I'll get to the point.

Some things about college are now on the way of being solved, so that part is covered. I can't get a job yet, but I have been doing some little works helping someone, so finally some income after that financial nightmare! Also, I have recently started going to the gym, I want to lose weight. If anyone here has any advice about losing weight besides not overeating and avoiding too much carbs, please tell me before I feel tormented by how my belly isn't flat.

By the way, I haven't been able to get proper therapy and the websites where they supposedly offer therapy didn't help at all, I'm still in no conditions for it and the ones at college have a really long waiting list. Also, I doubt any "dressing therapy" would help me right now, maybe when I get thinner, but not yet.

Alright, thank you everyone who has got to this point of my venting, I hope I don't seem toxic nor defeatist.
    Last edited by Pixie_94; 09-30-2018 at 04:07 AM.

Pixie, Going to the gym is a great idea. That alone can not only get rid of stress but you should drop some weight and of course tone up. Maybe get a program from a trainer. Running is also very good but be careful on the roads, if I’m outside I like the track at the local school. I look forward to going to the gym with my wife and then getting some coffee out somewhere. Good luck, Crissy

Platinum Member
    Here is a second to the fitness routine. Don’t diet, however. Instead make small, but meaningful changes in eating habits, choices and amounts consumed. Combined with regular exercise, you’ll get there. Just do t expect immediate results.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

The most effective way for me to lose weight is to count and track daily calorie intake.

Stay Focused on who you want to be, and how you realistically wish to look! It will take time, and you have your youth to mould your whole future!

If your belly is your greatest bodily issue, concentrate on it firstly and the rest of the body will follow later. Do stomach exercises designed for a thin waisted Woman and not Male exercises designed to build muscle.

Just keep at it and it will happen, if it is what you really want!
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

I'm with Stacey and Karen- I had my very first makeover in August, and worked hard to lose 15 pounds before then. It's all a matter of burning more calories than you take in- I run every morning and watch my calorie count. It takes a a while, but if you can stick to it it does show results.

You are making good progress, Pixie. "Little job" is good experience. Which experience in turn helps you when you apply for your next job. Work hard--today is preparation for your next job at much higher pay.
    Exercise is good. Lie on your back and raise your legs, "leg raisers", good for your stomach. Do 20 as a start. Buy a dress in one size smaller--then you have a goal--to fit into it.

Also, take advantage of psychology. No need to diet. Put your scales in the kitchen and weigh yourself before each dinner. Then eat as much as you want.
    We want to see pictures, please.

Unfortunately food intake has a lot to do with it so exercise and less of the fatty foods such as chips and hamburgers with the lot. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Pixie,
    You seem to be doing what you can, given your present circumstances. That's great! As Crissy says, going to the gym will help physically, but a regular exercise program will also help emotionally.
    In the meantime, get on that waiting list, girl. What have you got to lose?

I divide food up into individual portions using a scale. This can be an effective way to save money if you can buy food in multiples of a portion size. For instance, rather than buying 1lb off flank steak, I bought 1.2 lbs, which divided up nicely into three meals. I also got a bit of exercise making a teriyaki marinade and carefully slicing the meat into thin slices.
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 09-30-2018 at 11:26 AM.

Platinum Member
    Hi Pixie , Doesn't the College have some kind of self-help programs . >Orchid .oooo.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    College is a time in your life where you learn being an adult isn't all that easy.
    You have priorities and responsibilities that take precedence of your wants and desires.
    It takes time for change as does anything worthwhile so be patient and keep striving for what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferR771 View Post
    Exercise is good. Lie on your back and raise your legs, "leg raisers", good for your stomach. Do 20 as a start. Buy a dress in one size smaller--then you have a goal--to fit into it.

Also, take advantage of psychology. No need to diet. Put your scales in the kitchen and weigh yourself before each dinner. Then eat as much as you want.
    We want to see pictures, please.
    Funny that you mention leg raisers and they are something that I have been recently doing as part of my routine at the gym.

Now, about pictures, no, I prefer not to post any or to take any selfie or that kind of things.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Stacy Darling View Post
    If your belly is your greatest bodily issue, concentrate on it firstly and the rest of the body will follow later. Do stomach exercises designed for a thin waisted Woman and not Male exercises designed to build muscle.
    Stacy!
    I'm actually trying to build up some muscle, since muscles make your body to consume more energy rather than "saving" it as fat.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi Pixie , Doesn't the College have some kind of self-help programs . >Orchid .oooo.
    There's some sort of those programs you say, however, as I said, there's a waiting list and I guess I'll call tomorrow even if I get my chance on February.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Don’t diet, however. Instead make small, but meaningful changes in eating habits, choices and amounts consumed.
    So more fruit and vegetables, right?