Thread: Just getting started

Just getting started

Hi everyone.
    I have only posted on the introductions forum. So I hope I'm doing this correctly and in the appropriate forum.

I've only been CD at home or wearing lingerie (bras, panties, bodyshapers, girdles and hose) under my clothes when in public. Been married long time and she approves of my CD to date. I'm ready to keep working on the confidence (bravery) and skill to go out as who I would really like to be. I could use some help with suggestions of what to work on first. i.e. make up, wigs, what clothing is easiest to start with, etc. Any help or tips would be dearly appreciated.

You are all some much more experienced than I am so I hope you can help me go from just "wanting to be" into "doing it".

Thanks,
    Mackenzie

Welcome what part of the world are you in

Susie

Mackenzie,

Welcome, I'm sure you'll receive much sage advice here on the forum.

If I've read your post correctly as it stands you've not got a wig so for me that's the first step. Unless you've got sufficient hair of your own to style then a wig will firstly enhance your overall look and from that your confidence.

Beyond that the night time drive is one of the most commonly taken routes for those starting out. From that comes the park and short walk and so it goes on.........

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Welcome nice to have you with us.

Hi Susie:
    I'm in Nebraska. So to say that CD is not a norm is an understatement.
    Mackenzie

Good morning Helen:
    I shave what little hair I have off for personal preference. So the chance I could grow "sufficient hair" is a task no longer in my repertoire, unless you mean a long haired monk.

I'm a total flop at make up too. Hands to shaky.

Should I try for the drive in a light blouse, jeans and hair? I actually pretty well fill out a 40 C bra on my own so don't need assistance in that area. Not over weight so I wear 33" waist jeans. Probably 39" hips. I have some dresses, purchased by my wife for me several years ago, but they just don't look in fashion.

Your thoughts are appreciated.
    Mackenzie

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Thanks Traci.

I've never blogged, been on forums, or whatever the proper term is for this communication.

I just know that since I've joined and have been reading everyone's thoughts I longed to be as confident and honest as you all are. So I decided this morning to dive in.

Thanks for encouraging me on this dream.
    Mackenzie
    Last edited by mackenziegaz; 10-01-2018 at 11:23 AM. Reason: terrible typer

Welcome. I, too, have a supportive wife (wonderful). When I first started to go out, my wife suggested, “take it slow”. I took her advice. My problem is blending in. I want to wear things that absolutely will cause attention, like hose, high heels, makeup, etc. which are seldom seen around here, so, I tone it down a notch or two. Seems to work. Best.

A warm welcome to you, here you will find all the help you could possibly ask for. Baby steps is what everybody says, take it slowly and your confidence will grow slowly no doubt but you will get there.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

The best advice I have is for you to give in to your own curiosity and desires. I'm sure there are some things that interest you more than others. There are no rules, which is one of the things that make this so wonderful. I'm intrigued by how this manifests itself later in live. It goes back so far with me that I can't remember when I didn't, to one extent or another. Have you harbored curiosity about certain things but not acted on them? I guess I'm thinking of specific things. Getting a mani pedi, for instance, and wearing nail polish in public. If you've resisted such a desire, it will be something really powerful when you give in to it. I can't imagine how exciting and freeing it will be to act on it!

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I have been dressing for over 40 years but only in the last two have I ventured out of the house, apart from some night time drives. As has been said, baby steps worked for me, following the night time drives I went out in the daylight, nothing happened, short walk, nothing, longer walk, nothing. It has got to the point where I could spend an hour in the city center without any issues. If you want to go out observe what the women of your area are typically wearing and try to emulate that for starters. If your wife is on board with it maybe she can help you with the wig and make up, otherwise there are dozens of Youtube videos with good information. Main thing is to have a bit of confidence and not try for an over the top 'girly' look. 'Dress to blend' is a saying you will often see on here, it is good advice. Welcome to the forum by the way!
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I suggest you do a lot of reading of the forums to find out how others get along together and do ask questions that are not clear to you after reading.

Enjoy your stay here I hope it is a long one.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Welcome Mackenzie take your time, don't go to fast, read there is a lot of great things to learn here.

Leann
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

Welcome, Mackenzie. I’m glad you have a person in your life that supports your dressing.

My advice is that you start building your wardrobe. Go to clothing stores and start looking at different styles of clothing to see what catches your fancy. You’ll get the sizes wrong a few times, but eventually you’ll figure out what works for you. Ditto for shoes. Once you have a reasonable amount of clothing, you should be able to combine some of the items you purchased into outfits. Observe what women are wearing and try to emulate their presentation. Shopping for clothes while dressed is one of the most common things CDers do, so getting used to the shopping experience will make it easier for you to go out dressed later, when you feel that you 're ready.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Welcome and you have a great wife

Hi Mackenzie and welcome

I agree with Helen about the wig. It can make a fundamental difference to how you look and feel. It's difficult to judge what will suit at first though so I've started with a couple of cheap ones from shopping online and now have a good idea what to look for when I 'upgrade'. Long term I know that a more expensive one will be well worth it.

Rachel

Welcome Mackenzie,

I am sure you will find the folks here to be a great source of inspiration and information. Sounds as though you and your wife have a great understanding of desire to dress. Best wishes to you both.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Aspiring Member
    Since your wife is "friendly" include her. Go shopping with her, ask advise as to what to wear or on make-up. But don't go faster than she wants or you may turn her off. What I am saying is to include her and make it fun for her too. Sherrii

Silver Member
    Hi, MacKenzie, and welcome to this ship of your sisters. Re: makeup .. if your super wife does makeup, ask her to teach you. If not, go to a salon and get some basic advice. Underdressing is fun, but until you have a wig, you'll not know the woman that lives in your heart. If it's at all possible, find a wig salon (call ahead) that is supportive of CDers and take your wife with you, as you really value her support and advice.

Mackenzie,
    Welcome to the forum. There are plenty of ladies her that will help and encourage you with progressing in your cross dressing. Go at your own pace and be comfortable.
    I am driving through Nebraska in 2 weeks wearing a dress and leggins. Part of the trip will be going through non interstate areas so I am sure when we stop I will get plenty of looks, maybe even a few comments. Oh well it is what I want to do.

Be comfortable with yourself and most of all have fun.

Heidi
    hugs and more hugs

Rhandi

Banned Read only
    Mackenzie,
    You want to start going out but where to ? Do you want to start with the safety of a social group or go out in broad daylight to do some shopping.

A social group is easier because they are often held in the evening when it may be easier to slip out of the house . Some groups will provide changing facillities , most aren't too restrictive on clothing styles so if you do make a few mistakes with them or makeup they will be more forgiving and offer help .

The starting point is get some expert advice on a wig , styles and colours can make a huge difference to you appearance . Don't worry so much about expensive makeovers but bite the the bullet and get assessed at the suitable makeup outlet . These two aspects gave me the most confidence , I knew my wig was right and I knew my makeup was the corect shade . If you want to blend take in what other GGs are wearing , pay particular attention to those who match your size and age , it's so easy to get caught up on lovely clothes that just won't work for you . Shoes are important , you will find many women don't wear heels , it's mostly flats or neat wedges . I find wedges a godsend because they look a bit more stylish and give a better leg line but don't shout wrong !! I admit I had to eat my words and wear jeans but you can dress them up or down with shoes , tops and accessories .
    Last edited by Teresa; 10-02-2018 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mackenziegaz View Post

Should I try for the drive in a light blouse, jeans and hair? I actually pretty well fill out a 40 C bra on my own so don't need assistance in that area. Not over weight so I wear 33" waist jeans. Probably 39" hips. I have some dresses, purchased by my wife for me several years ago, but they just don't look in fashion.
    I'll be the one to pull the pin out of the "Blending" grenade. The dresses might not be in fashion but I'm sure for a first time out in the car that's not going to be at the front of your thinking. A wig and some light makeup is probably more important as that's what others will see most. And that brings me back to blending.

Those of us who go out have come to the realisation that as long as we make a decent attempt at looking female, dress like most GG's dress, avoid the temptation to wearmini skirts and killer heels in the supermarket, then most folks pay us little attention.

For the first times out, if jeans make you feel comfirtable, then wear them. Let your confidence grow and take it step by step.

I will agree with Teresa. A social group is a great way to go. The support you'll get will be tremendous and who knows, you might find someone who'll act as your wing woman and support you in getting out there going shopping enfemme.

I will also echo the idea if getting your makeup, especially the foundation, matched to your own skin tone. The SA's on the makeup counters will be really helpful, polite and treat you like any other customer. It may seem a scary thing to do and in truth when I did it the first few moment had my stomach full of butterflies but that soon passed as I sat in full view chatting to the SA as she put on my correct foundation.

Getting those basics sorted help raise your confidence and aid the blending process.