Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Follow up to How often do you dress

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar

Follow up to How often do you dress

As a follow up to how often do you dress, I was mildly amazed at how little some of you dress. So, it makes me wonder what if anything hinders your dressing habits? Is it your SO, a family situation, or something to do with time, etc?

On the up side, those who dress on a regular basis, is it because you have the support of your SO, or you have lots of time, or you are now living alone and there is nothing to hinder you.

In my case my SO doesn't mind my dressing as I please within the home. She knows my tastes and why I do what I do. There is a freedom which has lead to being able to dress on a regular basis.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

I dress up about once or twice a week. I wish I could do it more, but have limitations due to work and taking my kids to various activities. My wife knows about my dressing and isn't thrilled about it, but does give me my female time.

Up until two years ago my wife didn't know I dressed so obviously my opportunities were limited. Now she knows and we are trying to work our way through things. I have to say that things are progressing for us but it is a slow process during which I'm trying to not push to hard or overwhelm her. Therefore I'm still limited in my opportunities to fully dress. It was only recently that I have begun appearing in front of her in miad mode. I'm hoping over time she will become more accepting and I will be able to dress more frequently

I live alone so I have the freedom to dress as often as I like. I usually go out once a week ( usually on Sundays to church, run errands or visit friends). The other days I'll wear what I feel like wearing but I don't need to go all out with make up etc. Sometimes a tee and a skirt is all I need.

Until recently, the limitations were due to teenagers in the house. They are now on their own, but I have been readying our house for sale in one state and moving possessions to another. I will be able to dress as I like, including in public, once fully moved.

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

Aspiring Member
    My wife isn't DADT but does not want see me dressed, This limits me to day she works the late shift or the once a year she visits her parents with out me. Too often life just get in the way, too many things are more important.

Sara

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    I do as I please because my wife loves me for who I am and what I wear has no bearing on that fact. I apply the same tolerance to her for the same reason.

No SO here, so can Dress, or not, as much as I please. Retired senior-- so have an unrestricted schedule. Some might kill to have the freedom I have. Was in the closet for decades---now enjoying the chances now. Toni G..

My main issue is time. My job requires me to work a lot of hours, and when I dress I want to be able to enjoy it fully. I live alone, so I have the freedom to dress when I want.

I dress as often as I can. The limiting factor for me is life,work and family.

Gold Member
    I only dress at home, so anytime I am at home, I am dressed.
    I under dress 24/7, including a bra. When going outside, I am
    under dressed, wearing fem jeans, and a BAD Polo top.
    Rader

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    As I mentioned in the other thread,I have the support of my wife,as long as he gets a look in she's fine with it.Added bonus is I work night shift so gives me plenty Sophie time.I manage to get out at least once a month too

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I only fully dress about once a week, if that often. I wear nothing but panties and wear a bra and my forms, with a blouse 1/2 to 3/4's of every day. Wife is OK with my dressing, but my desire to go out is almost gone. Due to two years of injuries and unable to get out has robbed me of the desire.

Banned Read only
    My situation is similar to sara (#6). I'm in a DADT marriage. My wife knows I like to wear women's clothing on occasion, but, she has no idea the extent of my wardrobe. She is not accepting. She says, if she wanted to be married to a woman, she would have married a woman or at least lived with a woman as marriage was not viable until recent court cases.

She works full days when she wants to work. That allows for about seven hours of Stephanie time. Yesterday she worked and Stephanie had her opportunity to be fully en femme. Today she worked but I had an appointment which precluded Stephanie time. Once a year she travels out of state to visit her cousin which affords me 24/7 time for five to seven days.

I would like to be able to have blanket acceptance at home. That does not mean I would push my desires in her face, but, I would enjoy a pat on my butt while I fixed dinner.

Whenever I want. Panties...always. Bra..most of the time. Wife knows, supports and helps. It’s great.

It comes down to time. I don't bother if I can't do it on my terms and knowing I will enjoy myself. Even thought I do not do face and hair, it takes some effort.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    My time was restricted to usually one day a week, that is until my son left home and now I have four days when I have the opportunity to dress. Me working part time and being able to choose my hours allows this.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I am retired and live alone so the only time I am not dressed is when I leave the house to run errands.

Karen Sue

My main restriction is that my wife doesn't want our kids to get bullied for my dressing. So that means no dressing in front of their peers or peer's parents, so no going around our town dressed and limit dressing in the yard. I work a few towns away so my wife doesn't mind me going to work dressed and going out on my lunch break dressed. She has no problems with me dressing in front of our kids, friends and family. Since it was annoying to change to do yardwork on the weekends and run errands on work nights For example I found I was putting off yardwork if I was dressed since I didn't want to change out of my skirt. So I decided that dressing during work hours is a nice routine and typically uninterrupted block of dressing.

I feel more comfortable presenting as a woman so it is every day for me.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I've recently retro-fitted my garage into 2 bedrooms, bathroom and small kitchen/dining area for my older kids.
    Wife also had me build a long fence.
    During all the construction, I've only really had a few hours per week in girl mode before I would start thinking about being home and building.
    SO home renovation projects distract me, as does any other projects or chances of a road trip.

I'm hoping to get more hours now everything is finished (unless wife needs more stuff done).
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

No one in my male life knows about Becky, that includes Mrs, family, friends 7 work.. so i am very limited by that
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Aspiring Member
    Gillian, yes I noticed too how little some people here dressed and I was thinking of doing a follow up question too - you beat me to it Obviously time, family etc can be big limiting factors but I was wondering if motivation for dressing is too? By that I mean, is the primary motivation for dressing simply the desire to wear female clothes, what some people here refer to as the 'fix' or is it more deep seated than that, in that the need to dress comes from how someone perceives their gender identity? And yes, I accept that there are many other motivations too. I know in my case it's a gender identity thing and always has been. I dress to be me, not because I like to, the fact that I do like to is a big bonus though. Because of this I dress almost every day, so that I can be me. It's not a fix, it's not a turn on, it's me being me. Ok, I'm lucky in that I found that needle in a haystack, a fully accepting wife, which makes life great, but I could, before I had a partner, foresee a life with dressing and no partner, but never a life with a partner and no dressing. I suppose the only thing which limits the amount I dress is that I don't go out dressed, so when I am out I'm not dressed then, but that's not to say that I dress the whole time when I'm at home. This is because I am a single person with two identities and they are both important and they both have their time. Also, with the not going out dressed thing, getting changed several times a day can be a bit of a chore

Aspiring Member
    Hi Gillian
    I am working more or less on a DADT basis so that limits things somewhat, so fully dressing is perhaps a couple of evenings a week but mostly restricted to my man (?) cave. After our evening meal I will say “I am going upstairs for the usual” and she is accepting of that. In addition, and a big plus point is that I can sleep fully en femme 4 or 5 nights a week in the spare bedroom. Bra, forms, night dress which I really enjoy.
    Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Hi Charlotte,

You bring up a great point about motivation. For me it is about the fix. I rarely dress just to be dressed, it is about sexual gratification, and being able to express myself in this way, in the image as a female.