Thread: Told (and showed!) my drinking buddies about my crossdressing!

Told (and showed!) my drinking buddies about my crossdressing!

I have known these guys for 35 years - drinking beers, swapping stories, going to sporting events, and general hobnobbing. We have survived thru the closing of several bars and clubs, ----- and now, I show up with boobs and jewelry and very definite feminine clothing... No one says a thing!... Until I address the elephant in the room. I can tell one friend is a little shocked, but seems to roll with the punches, the other two just shrug their shoulders, and basically say who cares!
    Fast forward to the next week when we get together again, I'm still dressed, the guys are still OK with it, even the one who was a bit shocked -( I asked him if he had told his wife, and he told me that she had said "Well, it's about time!" so I guess she had noticed some of the changes recently!)

I have some Really Good Friends!

Lucky Me!

Tina

Tina, Wow, good for you, no doubt you have some very good friends!
    Crissy

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Glad it turned out well for you.
    Good friends that have known you a long time will understand you are still the same person personality wise.
    Even if you have boobs an all.

Silver Member
    Super good outcome! "No Big Deal" should be everyone's respose to us, but sadly, the reality is its not.

I haven't officially announced anything about myself to anyone, but the neighbors in our townhouse complex see what they see and I don't hide it. Today, I arrived home and got out of my car just as a neighbor was going to his car. I had on a floral skirt, black suede D'Orsay wedges and a brand new black faux fur coat. We made small talk about the upcoming long weekend, then went our separate ways. He never even gave me a second look or pause in his speech. Granted, he's seen me dressed before, but even the first time he was the same. I love that, and more and more I'm seeing thats the way everybody reacts to me

Banned Read only
    As I type this, no one has inquired yet. Is it fair to ask, after 35 years, (you have been a CDer all that time?) was there some earth shattering event that prompted you to spill the beans to your pals and was it just them?

I can't see profiles so "know nothing" about you. Either you are very good at picking fiiends and/or very lucky but Congrats in any case. Maybe sharing your story will help others here escape!

Wow this is great. My drinking buddies are too male chauvinist ''p'' to react positively to Adelaide....It took a while for them to accept that their long time hockey friend has grown his hair long!

That is pretty cool!

Bravo for being brave, and I'm so glad your trust in their friendship and courage to share were well rewarded. Hopefully now you can go out whenever you want, since your team is on your side. I think your choosing to make it plain and a subject for your group to decide, more or less, was a solid and important piece of success. And the more you go out, the easier it will be for others!

How much other transformation do you do, as in makeup , forms, wig, etc?
    We are all beautiful...!

Quote Originally Posted by Tina June View Post
    I can tell one friend is a little shoced.
    What in his reaction caused that impression? Have you followed up with him since?

Glad it all worked out for you.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    My dear friend who is transitioning,spent a weekend away with her team mates from Hockey,and their wifes.She was treated with great respect and understanding without exception,which goes to show in most cases if friends have known you a long time,they are more likely to be cool about it all

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

How I wish I had the nerve, to be Roxanne everywhere!
    A girl is only a place in your heart! - Roxanne
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    That's quite the bucket list item. I have a couple of good old buds but not the group.
    Me and my main homie go back 50+ years and I recently disclosed (nervously) to him.
    He just said it was no big deal as he's been fixated with sexy panties his whole life.
    Although, he probably wouldn't be able to keep his eyes off my tits but, that's a good thing.
    Right?
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Tina, that's a way to drop a bomb. I'm glad it worked out.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Wow Tina!!!! Great friends.
    My “buddies” that I’ve hunted with for almost 30 years would skin me alive if I “came out”. I hunt totally undressed in lace and satin though.
    Oh well, that’s life in the Redneck South !
    Lace and Smiles,
    Lisa!

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Now this IS the sort of story I like, especially the "it's about time" bit. I guess you triggered her female intuition a while ago.

Oh and 'hobnobbing', love that word.

Thank you all for your comments and support. I will try to answer some of your questions.
    I was not wearing any makeup, but I have been growing my hair longer (not as long as Adelaide's yet!) and wore it down instead of tied back tightly, I am very lucky to still have a full head of hair.
    I was a closet CDer (mostly just bras and panties) before I met these guys. About 10 years ago I told my wife (accepting, but not 100% thrilled) and started dressing around the house. Then about three years ago I had a small cardiac scare and thought - I need to live like I would want live. I have told my brothers and some other family and the word is spreading...
    I go out in some form of dress every day, even at work.
    My drinking buddies are very intelligent men, with a wide range of interests. So, I was pretty sure they would understand. The one who was shocked is probably the closest friend of the bunch (many have called us the Evil Twins!) and his reaction when I told him was ...Ooo-Kaay... I'd say some more and he'd say OK again, (and repeat) I finally asked him to say more than just OK, and he said - Alright - (and repeat). Last night he apologized for the short responses, and all is back to normal - ish!

Yeah! See, who cares.

Well it was a good outcome for you congratulations on being so bold.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tina June View Post
    Last night he apologized for the short responses, and all is back to normal - ish!
    He'll come round, just needs time to process it. Time will tell as they say. Once he realises no-one else is bothered he will fall in with the 'crowd' so to speak.

I'm glad you've seen the light and decided to be 'you'. It's a shame that it took a cardiac event to motivate you but maybe others reading this can benefit from your experience and motivate themselves before they have their own cardiac event. You're not the first to throw off the schakles of social conditioning after a medical event, and that is not just crossdressing and gender expression I'm talking about.
    Last edited by DaisyLawrence; 10-07-2018 at 02:28 AM.

Aspiring Member
    Tina,
    Great story! Kudos to your understanding buddies!!!