Thread: Male mode versus FEmale mode?

Banned Read only

Male mode versus FEmale mode?

No matter how "fully" you choose to present yourself, or exactly where on the spectrum you think you fit...

I might be possibly missing some aspect of attire and footwear so if anyone has other considerations, feel free to toss them in.

In no particular order, comfort, fit, price and "look" for lack of a better term.

When in male mode, how do you rank them in importance when you are not going to work and can dress however you wish?

How much if at all, does it change when you are "representing" (even just partly) as a female?

For me, comfort and fit trump all, but of course if I don't like the way it looks, I ain't buying it no matter how comfortable.

And price? I am hopelessly spoiled by my fave thrift store. I have never spent more than 6 bucks for any article of clothing and usually just 2-3 bucks for the vast majority of my purchases.

Banned Read only
    First point get to know your figure shape and decide what works with it . The cost of an item isn't important it has to look good and fit in with a need in your lifstyle. I love bargains , I have some lovely top end labels at knock down prices from Oxfam Online or other charity outlets . Some of my most comfortable shoes were possibly the cheapest , my best buy had to be my Italian Leather boots , I paid £12.50 for them and guy who put new soles and heels on told me they were £100.00 + boots .

I look at sales this way , even at knock down prices the seller is still making a profit so what was their mark up at full price ? I bought a pair of stretch jeans from Matalan and paid £3.00 instead of £12.00 , the checkout girl said it was old stock put back in the sales racks , it occured to me that they were still making a profit , so what did that item cost to make ?

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Male mode: price, fit, comfort, and then look.
    If it is dressy, like for a suit, then look trumps comfort I suppose.

En-fem: look, fit, price, and then comfort.

I too have a favorite thrift store, on base, where I have found some amazing deals on stuff that is perfect for me.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    I have no male mode but I'm shallow enough to think that however I'm presenting the look matters the most. I'm simply sick to death of walking around the fat lazy scruffy slobs that make up most of the population these days, and middle aged men like me are the worst, they simply do not care what they look like. That being said, no look is worth being uncomfortable for, am I right? As for fit, that matters in so much as you won't get the right 'look' without the right 'fit'. That brings me to price. This comes last, once I have narrowed it down with the other factors I have a policy of 'never paying proper price'. Shop around and you can achieve any look on any budget, be it sales, charity (thrift) shops, on-line reductions or whatever.

I always go for appearance, comfort does rule sometimes.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I try to look good in male or female modes, as Daisy said the way people let themselves go is really saddening. I buy items if I like the look of them, what 'label' they may or may not have doesn't interest me. Cost is a minor consideration though everyone loves a bargain! And of course they have to fit right. I've paid £5 for a dress that is just as good as a £50 one.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I want to look attractive for a male! It would be so wonderful to me!
    Roxanne, a Girl for Him
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I work nights and when im not having a girly day Male mode often constitutes lounging around in my cartoon Lounge pants,t-shirt or soccer top.if a really lazy mood I'm in housecoat,and thats not me being scruffy it's comfort for the few hours I have before next nights work.I have Christmas works do so investing in new 3 piece suit,My wife does love me suited and booted.

Femme mode it's always look,fit and generally comfort,As for price I'm not one for splashing out great amounts on an item,in fact my downfall is emails offering discounts.my fave online shop is actually the everything 5 pounds or less shop,and I have my staff discount for ASDA (wal-mart) when dressed at home,i always go the whole hog

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

My wife really wants me to find more satisfaction in male mode, and I find fitted shirts and skinnier pants works pretty well to feel embraced and perky, and with underdressing- I feel feminine incognito, which is fine with me. Comfort always, fit super important because then it is more comfortable and also more sensual, and I want price low most of the time. Thrift stores are great because so much variety compared to clothing stores and I don't care about brands. But I bought a $78 dress and I don't regret it.
    We are all beautiful...!

Being retired For A year and a half.I dress about more then 90% of every day so comfort is very important not all my things are inexpensive And I like to look good at least from the neck down.
    Angie

People would be shocked by the amount of clothing that doesn't make it to the thrift store racks. And the racks are always full. Some of the clothing even has original tags!

I move through the racks fast, looking for the 50% off color of the week. Most of the items don't make it in the cart. The ones that do get tried on and still most don't make it to the cashier. Yet, somehow, my closet is full.

Price gets taken out of the equation as everything in the store is affordable. That makes comfort the next most important factor. Switch to women's clothing and it doesn't matter how comfortable it is, if it doesn't look right, it doesn't go home with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels View Post
    No matter how "fully" you choose to present yourself, or exactly where on the spectrum you think you fit...

I might be possibly missing some aspect of attire and footwear so if anyone has other considerations, feel free to toss them in.

In no particular order, comfort, fit, price and "look" for lack of a better term.

When in male mode, how do you rank them in importance when you are not going to work and can dress however you wish?

How much if at all, does it change when you are "representing" (even just partly) as a female?

For me, comfort and fit trump all, but of course if I don't like the way it looks, I ain't buying it no matter how comfortable.

And price? I am hopelessly spoiled by my fave thrift store. I have never spent more than 6 bucks for any article of clothing and usually just 2-3 bucks for the vast majority of my purchases.
    For me, in guy clothes, comfort and fit go hand in hand. As a rather huge person, I've gotten used to paying sometimes ridiculous expensive prices for clothes, because I know I'm probably never ever going to see it in my size again......EVER. I had made the mistake much earlier in my life, of not purchasing things because I hoped they'd go on sale off season. That might be a great idea if you're a 40 regular, and wear a size 10 shoe, and the stores get a dozen or more of everything in your size. As a 46 extra tall, wearing size 16 shoes, each store usually gets ONE of an item in that size, and when it's gone, there ain't no more coming. 'Look', once I started making a decent living, I simply spent whatever was necessary for me to look the way I wanted to. That cost even more when I essentially stopped dressing in jeans and T's and sweats to go out, ever. Casual more dressy clothes are usually at least double the price. Real dress clothes can be absurdly priced (especially if you have them tailor made to make sure they fit), but then, the quality is usually way better, too. And in the long term, it usually pays off. Really good clothes last a very, very long time, if you take care of them.

Now, women's clothing. As I usually wear it all day long, comfort is important, and so is fit, because I simply don't like constantly pulling and pushing garments back into place a lot. So again, it's worth paying more in order to get things that fit. As I'm not 'out', and the only person who sees me en femme, is me, it's still important that it look like something that the girl I thought I would have been, would wear.

Man or woman, I don't wear stuff that doesn't fit right, or feel right, anymore. I have, in the past, before I had the money and patience to wait until I found decent clothes. I once had a pair of 6" heels which hurt like hell, and a corset which kept digging into my ribs. I had bras which had straps that kept sliding down my shoulders all day long, a briefer that was too short for my torso where the cups were too short. I've had shoes that don't quite fit. I no longer wear any of that type of thing.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Exclamation Complete yin and yang for me!

In boy mode, comfort "uber alles"!

In girl mode it's all about looks!
    I expect to NEVER be comfortable until I take it all off!

Girdles, silicone prosthetics, wigs, nylons, pads, hi spike heels r NOT comfy. Nor would I want them to be! I want to feel different when dressed. And boy, do I!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    Hi WAH , I always take pride in my appearance in both modes! >Orchid ..++..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    I like and want the girl clothes to make me feel sexy and feminine. Curves, yes!! Want the panties to feel sexy and girly under tight jeans. Want to show boobs that project under a girly top. Love the feminine feel of walking in any type of female footwear with heels. Also like the click of heels on a hard floor. Now you know why I am a CD.

Platinum Member
    In male mode I dress for comfort. Increasingly it is almost 100% a graphic tee shirt or a plain black vee neck tee shirt. I kid my wife I must have been hanged in a prior life. Unless the temperature gets below fifty I wear shorts. Around the house the comfort level has me wearing a vee neck tee shirt, a pair of 'holy' jeans, no socks and foot wear. My comfortable male look does not affect my female look. I'm a June Cleaver woman all the way. It's dress and hosiery and heels. All the proper undergarments are worn; bra, panty, slip. Wig of course is adorning my male pattern bald head. I do forego the makeup and nail routine as too bothersome for the brief time I am en femme.

I do my dress shopping on line. I do not frequent the woman's section of Goodwill. I do find many great buys on eBay and retailers with an on-line presence. I've gotten many great deals during seasonal clearing events. Sometimes a $70 dress for under $15. The most expensive article of clothing I buy is usually heels, although even then I get some decent buys.

In male mode I don't always look life a slob. My wife forbids me from leaving our property with those 'holy' jeans. I wouldn't anyway since the world does not need to see my briefs. I'm retired, but, on the occasions when slacks and a shirt with a collar is appropriate I do like to wear a dress shirt and express myself with a great tie. When I was still working I did express myself with a host of solid color dress shirts and patterned ties.

I honestly think I dress for "him", whoever that sweet man will be!

"I dream of being in love, . . . . ."
    Roxanne
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
    I like and want the girl clothes to make me feel sexy and feminine. Curves, yes!! Want the panties to feel sexy and girly under tight jeans. Want to show boobs that project under a girly top. Love the feminine feel of walking in any type of female footwear with heels. Also like the click of heels on a hard floor. Now you know why I am a CD.
    I figure we allready new Deebra.

Reality Check
    When I was working, I dressed well in male mode. Now that I'm retired and have moved to a warmer and more casual area, it's typically jean shorts and a tee shirt. Jeans and a casual long sleeved shirt in the colder months. The shorts and jeans are meant for ladies but don't shout out "feminine". They are the generic ones from Walmart.

In female mode, the first thing I look for is "age appropriate". I have been on this planet since FDR was President and mini skirts and stripper heels don't look right on me. I can use tape to simulate a bit of cleavage but usually don't so low cut dresses or blouses are not my first choice. Some colors look better on me. Price? I don't shop at places where skirts or dresses are $50 and up. $20 is about the most I'll pay for something nice. Sales and clearance racks are it for me.
    Krisi