Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I ain't wearing that!

Pants. I won't wear pants.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I won't wear a romper, or a romphim. I don't care if it is made for a man or a woman have never seen anyone look good in them so won't even try them.

Aspiring Member
    I stop wearing Men's Vests.
    Live Today as if it is your last day

No, I won’t just wear anything simply because it’s made for women. I have my own sense of style that I follow, and then there are certain styles/colors/whatnot that work best for me and others that don’t work at all. It’s not about the clothes for me, it’s about gender expression and being myself.

Aspiring Member
    I'm also quite choosy about what I wear. It has to fit reasonably well and look good.
    What's slightly strange is that I have tried on clothes that would not normally be to my taste or style (especially colours that I would never normally wear), but turn out to look great and they end up being among my favourites.

I may change my mind someday, but I generally avoid maternity clothing.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Hi

I agree with many of the other girls here
    If it doesn’t work for me then I see no need to wear it
    the big reason I crossdress in the first place is that can look reall good, even on my kind of body, feels good, and so on.

Wearing shlumpy dumpy women’s clothes ... nah. I may as well wear my twin brother’s well used boy Levi’s and oil stained flannel shirt... cheaper, less work to put together, I won’t be upset if bad things happen to them, and there’s no problem if I’m “caught”

I’ll look at and consider just about anything, but it still has to work

Fran

Lately I have been expanding what I look for (particularly in thrift stores where there is a lot of variety and cheap prices). Usually my gut instinct is right and it stays at the store. I think it is useful to go outside your comfort zone and at least explore other options since you can for sure learn if you like it or not. I think my biggest surprise was how much I love (heeled) booties.

I won't wear baby/toddler outfits, or anything that smacks of being old; I have no desire to look like a homely fat old lady. Like a wig which is styled to what an 80 year old would wear, or for that matter, any short wig; it has to be shoulder length or longer, and oh, zero curls. I hate curly hair. . Pants; pants do nothing to help the dysphoria. Unnatural color or orangish red wigs. Platform shoes; I'm tall enough already. I had a pair of 6" heels once, and was constantly hitting my head on the doorways, not to mention the pain in the feet.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    I prefer a slightly sexy (or even slu-tee) look. No "church-lady" garb for me!

No, I won't wear something just because it's made for a woman. It has to look nice on me. There are certain colors that I just can't stand, and won't wear. And there are some dresses that just look too frumpy. There are others that make me look ridiculous. For me, the essence of crossdressing is to find clothing that enhances my appearance, and there are plenty of things that don't.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Just like any woman I have a certain number of styles I like, and some I wouldn't touch with a barge pole. My current avatar is a good indicator of my type of dressing.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I have got to really love the item im wearing,even if its just a casual pair of jeans and a top.Equally I won't wear something because it's the in thing to wear,if I dont like it I simply wouldn't wear it.
    My wife too will with no hesitation tell me if a clothing item is horrible,she is a good judge of what suits me

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

If the description starts with the word sissy, uni-sex, club wear, fetish wear, I'll pass. I like casual skirts and blouses, pants, Capri, pretty dresses, most of the time, I dress just a notch above the ladies at the mall, but then I shop in the same stores they do.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I am a EOCD - if it was made for a woman, I would put it on to see how it looks. I have worn men's clothes and added feminine touches, so long as the final result is feminine. I have tried on gray hair wigs, bimbo looks, blendable, bikinis, leotards, jeans, short shorts.
    Hugs, Ellen

Aspiring Member
    Asymmetric hems = no

Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    I may change my mind someday, but I generally avoid maternity clothing.
    Although, I already am sporting the “baby bump” after years of careful consumption.

I avoid maternity clothes basically because I don’t want to appear to make fun of these women doing something extraordinary.