Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tattoos?

tattoos?

Hello everyone. Its been a while since I have posted.
    I Am thinking of getting a femme lower back tattoo, and was wondering if anyone out their has done this or not?
    Also how much did it hurt?
    I am also thinking of getting a front shoulder/upper breast tattoo if not the back.
    Any ideas would be appreciated.

Hugs Brenda

I have two tattoos, one on each deltoid. I can show them or cover them up easily. Didn’t really hurt, just a bit uncomfortable.
    It goes without saying tattoos are permanent, so check out the work of the artist. Doesn’t hurt to show them pictures of what you like and are thinking about.
    A word of warning, a lot of people say after you get one, it’s hard to resist another. Kind of liking putting on panties.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Lower back tattoos are not all that popular these days from the info I am getting from friends.
    Still seem to be called tramp stamps by the tattoo crowd.
    I would think twice about getting one there.

Agreed... I would stay away from the Tramp Stamp! Small ankle or shoulder art seems to be popular and can be tastefully done. I see an alarming number of younger girls with full or half sleeves as well and I just don't get it. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I have a GG friend that does permanent makeup but I guess that's not really body art.
    I come in colors ev'rywhere; I comb my hair; I.m like a rainbow; Coming, colors in the air; Oh, everywhere; I come in colors!

I was thinking of getting vines of ivy up my leg or maybe a tree with birds on it up my leg. No tramp stamp for me.

Platinum Member
    Hi Brenda , Tattoos look great on other peoples bodies, But NOT MINE.

See line #4 in my signature. >Orchid ..oo..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Spammer
    Tattoos are so common now that you will look like just one of the crowd if you get one.
    I choose to be different and not have one but then I never followed the crowd anyway.
    The really pretty girls with full sleeves is kind of trampy if that is a word but if they like them thats all that matters.

Banned Read only
    No ink here, just not my thing.

Gold Member
    I am also a no ink person, Just not me.
    Rader

In my opinion your tattoo art should be personal and mean something to you because it will there until you decide to pay for expensive and painful removal. I agree that the tramp stamp is passe for many. Smaller and meaningful and fun ones in strategic spots are more in style and to me work very well with most people. I have two, the one below on the inside of my wrist is a play on my nickname since childhood and the message that resonates with so many of us trying to be ourselves. The other if I can find a picture of it is on the outside back of one of my ankles and is simple and very clean.

The actual process for these two tattoos was very quick with a low to moderate pain. The ankle one hurt the most and was also the quickest to do. I love both of them and am proud that I got them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have tattoos and when it come to dressing I am sorry, now, that I have them. If I knew what I know now I would pass on tattoos. That being said I find more women wearing tattoos these days. My lesson learned is think long and hard about making decisions that cannot be easily undone. Just my 2 cents.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Be 100% sure you want a tattoo and think carefully about the design and placement. Only get one for the right reasons and not part of a "feminine fantasy". Since this post is in the crossdresser sections, I am assuming you (the OP) are a cross dresser.

Lower back tattoos ("tramp stamps") are considered passe these days and kind of a cliche. They are mostly found on women so it may raise attention when in male mode especially if it is more traditionally feminine in design. The placement of a shoulder/chest tattoo would not draw as much attention, but the design may if it ss more feminine. Depending on the placement and design, shoulder/chest tattoos can look a bit odd when partially covered with clothing. Really think through the design and placement and how it looks with and without clothing.

In general, any place were your skin is thinner and over bone tends to hurt the most, or any place with lots of nerve endings. A tramp stamp is going to be most painful when over your spine and tailbone, and a shoulder/chest tattoo when over your collarbone. Everyone reacts differently though. I have 4 tattoos and the one on the lower right side of my back hurt the most. The two on my outer thighs were not as bad, but still had their moments. I barely felt the little one on my shoulder.

All 4 were done during or after my transition so I factored in placement and design very carefully (all would be considered more traditionally feminine). Most of the time, mine are not visible to the outside world and purposely placed as not to be visible at work (I work in an office environment). They are personal expressions and done for myself with a clear purpose and intent in mind. Be mindful of your reasons.

Tattoo's are a personal thing that should be thought thru before getting one. I personally have 3 tattoo's. The 3 are small fem purple dragon right shoulder, lower back (tramp stamp) and a small fem rose �� on my left ankle.

I am not a fan of something that will be a permanent fashion item.

What if the fashion changes in ten years.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Agreeing with Tracii, tramp stamps are so "last week" I'm surprised anyone still likes them.
    The small ones on ankles etc are not to bad
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I am with most other people here about tattoos. For me it is a fashion thing, brought on by the many shows on cable TV, but which will die off at a later date, but you will always be left with the tattoo.
    By all means get one if you want to, but for me, I would get a piercing, which you can always just take out if the novelty/fashion wears off.

Brenda,

I have male friends who are now in later life that had tattoos in their younger years. I look upon it as being like fading wallpaper.

Some of the GG's having them done now while they're young and slender may grow to regret it as age takes it's course and things sag and wrinkle.

The fad for tats is just that, a fad as beard wearing has become in the past few years. Beards can be shaved, lasering off tats isn't that easy.

Think carefully.

Tatoos? I would not have one at all, yes if you want one go for it but if in years to come you decide its not for you yes you can have lazer treatment to remove but depending on the depth of pigment of the tatoo one is often left with a patch of skin which has a different texture to it and colour as well.
    Be cautious befor you take the plunge thats my advice for what its worth IMHO.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

I'm a Floral tatt Girl, and flowers will go out of fashion when only time ends! Thinking of some orange/yellow peonies to go next to my roses actually!

Position is crucial, as it is an art piece. The lower back is for others to see, I'd never go there.
    Colour is as important as the design, as you will see this for a long time!

I'm not saying that you should get a tattoo, It's just that I've had mine for 30yrs (some recolouring) with never a regret!
    But flowers are a large part of my life!

And of course it will hurt!
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Please don’t get a tramp stamp (lower back). Tattoos hurt, there’s no way around that. How much it hurts will vary wildly depending on where there placing the ink. Fleshy areas are generally easier than bony, and the more sensitive the skin the more it will hurt. As to the actual sensation, the best description I’ve ever heard is to drag the corner of a razor blade over your skin hard. (Don’t actually cut yourself though please!).

I find the front of the shoulder/upper pec area to be a pretty masculine placement for a tattoo. This is just my personal opinion, but the most feminine places for tattoos are the back of the shoulder (shoulder blade) and on the legs.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    The really pretty girls with full sleeves is kind of trampy
    Thank you so much!

I got a tattoo when I was in the service 45 years ago, it's just a blue green & red gob of ink that looks terrible now, it means a lot to me but it sure is ugly now

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I have zero experience with tattoos, never had one.
    I admire them on others and have nothing against ink.
    I've had friends offer to pay for a tattoo for me, but it had to be of their choosing.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Banned Spammer
    That was just my opinion Micki and I was talking about genetic females not CDers.
    Its a personal thing and I get it and if you have a full sleeve thats just fine.

Oh no, I was being sincere Tracii. I’m trampy and proud!

never got inked my Son and my daughter have them, I think this body is just to sexy to cover in ink.
    Angie