Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tattoos?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

tattoos?

Hello everyone. Its been a while since I have posted.
    I Am thinking of getting a femme lower back tattoo, and was wondering if anyone out their has done this or not?
    Also how much did it hurt?
    I am also thinking of getting a front shoulder/upper breast tattoo if not the back.
    Any ideas would be appreciated.

Hugs Brenda

I have two tattoos, one on each deltoid. I can show them or cover them up easily. Didn’t really hurt, just a bit uncomfortable.
    It goes without saying tattoos are permanent, so check out the work of the artist. Doesn’t hurt to show them pictures of what you like and are thinking about.
    A word of warning, a lot of people say after you get one, it’s hard to resist another. Kind of liking putting on panties.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Lower back tattoos are not all that popular these days from the info I am getting from friends.
    Still seem to be called tramp stamps by the tattoo crowd.
    I would think twice about getting one there.

Agreed... I would stay away from the Tramp Stamp! Small ankle or shoulder art seems to be popular and can be tastefully done. I see an alarming number of younger girls with full or half sleeves as well and I just don't get it. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I have a GG friend that does permanent makeup but I guess that's not really body art.
    I come in colors ev'rywhere; I comb my hair; I.m like a rainbow; Coming, colors in the air; Oh, everywhere; I come in colors!

I have a fair amount of ink work done. I like them and I appreciate the art on others. All of mine are for me...i can show or cover them up if I choose to. Tattoos are a very personal decision, as they are basically permanent feature. I wish you all the best on your journey. Cheers.
    Life is too short to be boring...Alexandra

I have enough work now to be considered "heavily tattooed," and I choose them specifically to enhance my feminine presentation - no masculine designs for me. I also only work with female artists. Mostly flowers, birds, butterflies, on my back, legs and sides. I have two female portraits on my upper arms. All of these are covered when I'm in male drag and nobody who knows my personality would suspect that I am wearing a substantial amount of ink. It does preclude wearing shorts or sleeveless shirts in boy mode, but I hardly ever did anyway, so that was not a big problem for me. The tattoos get a lot of mostly positive attention when I'm dressed and are very much a part of my femme persona.

The pain varies a lot depending on the location, how hydrated you are, and your general health and mood that day. Large flat areas with plenty of fat and muscle underneath are the easiest - back, legs, upper arms - except when working directly over the spine or ribs. The tops of my feet, and my buttocks, were both sheer torture, however. (The latter because my butt kept twitching madly every time the artist came close to it with her needles!) Ankles, and the "tramp stamp" region, are both moderately painful because they involve working over bony areas.

- Diane

So, just be careful, and think twice before jumping into ink. You can inadvertently kind of wind up looking like someone in the circus side show if you're not careful.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 10-10-2018 at 05:43 AM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I was thinking of getting vines of ivy up my leg or maybe a tree with birds on it up my leg. No tramp stamp for me.

Platinum Member
    Hi Brenda , Tattoos look great on other peoples bodies, But NOT MINE.

See line #4 in my signature. >Orchid ..oo..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Tattoos are so common now that you will look like just one of the crowd if you get one.
    I choose to be different and not have one but then I never followed the crowd anyway.
    The really pretty girls with full sleeves is kind of trampy if that is a word but if they like them thats all that matters.

Banned Read only
    No ink here, just not my thing.

Gold Member
    I am also a no ink person, Just not me.
    Rader

I have thought of a tattoo from time to time. I have considered a sea turtle on my calf or my family crest on my upper arm.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Tattoos? Nope. Nope. NOPE! I find sleeves and huge tapestries on women looks trashy. Just my opinion. A small, subtle one - sure, nothing wrong with that, if it's your thing.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

I got an Hawaiian tribal tattoo around one of ankles this summer, it looks real nice, like an anklet.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

Quote Originally Posted by dana 1 View Post
    I got a tattoo when I was in the service 45 years ago, it's just a blue green & red gob of ink that looks terrible now, it means a lot to me but it sure is ugly now
    I would really like to talk you out of it if possible.
    As you age,the tattoo becomes less definite and eventually will wind up looking like a nasty bruise and the bigger it is the uglier it will be. There is also a serious danger of infection and some really nasty diseases like AIDS and Hep-C.
    An alternative would be Henna, which lasts about a month and has some really pretty designs if you absolutely must do this
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Modern techniques, inks, and hardware have progressed to the point that the bleeding a lot of youbladies are talking about is greatly minimized. Also, any tattoo shop worth their salt surgically sterilizes all their equipment so you’re more likely to get a disease from fast food than you are from a tattoo. And “ugly” is in the eye of the beholder. Many modern tattoo artists are ARTISTS capable of churning out museum quality art. Modern tattooing is NOT old sailor tattoos.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnalee View Post
    I would really like to talk you out of it if possible.
    As you age,the tattoo becomes less definite and eventually will wind up looking like a nasty bruise and the bigger it is the uglier it will be. There is also a serious danger of infection and some really nasty diseases like AIDS and Hep-C.
    An alternative would be Henna, which lasts about a month and has some really pretty designs if you absolutely must do this

In my opinion your tattoo art should be personal and mean something to you because it will there until you decide to pay for expensive and painful removal. I agree that the tramp stamp is passe for many. Smaller and meaningful and fun ones in strategic spots are more in style and to me work very well with most people. I have two, the one below on the inside of my wrist is a play on my nickname since childhood and the message that resonates with so many of us trying to be ourselves. The other if I can find a picture of it is on the outside back of one of my ankles and is simple and very clean.

The actual process for these two tattoos was very quick with a low to moderate pain. The ankle one hurt the most and was also the quickest to do. I love both of them and am proud that I got them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have tattoos and when it come to dressing I am sorry, now, that I have them. If I knew what I know now I would pass on tattoos. That being said I find more women wearing tattoos these days. My lesson learned is think long and hard about making decisions that cannot be easily undone. Just my 2 cents.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Be 100% sure you want a tattoo and think carefully about the design and placement. Only get one for the right reasons and not part of a "feminine fantasy". Since this post is in the crossdresser sections, I am assuming you (the OP) are a cross dresser.

Lower back tattoos ("tramp stamps") are considered passe these days and kind of a cliche. They are mostly found on women so it may raise attention when in male mode especially if it is more traditionally feminine in design. The placement of a shoulder/chest tattoo would not draw as much attention, but the design may if it ss more feminine. Depending on the placement and design, shoulder/chest tattoos can look a bit odd when partially covered with clothing. Really think through the design and placement and how it looks with and without clothing.

In general, any place were your skin is thinner and over bone tends to hurt the most, or any place with lots of nerve endings. A tramp stamp is going to be most painful when over your spine and tailbone, and a shoulder/chest tattoo when over your collarbone. Everyone reacts differently though. I have 4 tattoos and the one on the lower right side of my back hurt the most. The two on my outer thighs were not as bad, but still had their moments. I barely felt the little one on my shoulder.

All 4 were done during or after my transition so I factored in placement and design very carefully (all would be considered more traditionally feminine). Most of the time, mine are not visible to the outside world and purposely placed as not to be visible at work (I work in an office environment). They are personal expressions and done for myself with a clear purpose and intent in mind. Be mindful of your reasons.

Tattoo's are a personal thing that should be thought thru before getting one. I personally have 3 tattoo's. The 3 are small fem purple dragon right shoulder, lower back (tramp stamp) and a small fem rose �� on my left ankle.

Tats are the poor mans art. Or at least that is what I was taught at an early age. I know several people who have tats and they have some very beautiful pictures on them that the only way to see them is if they are naked. Most of them now regret having them done. One of my friends has paid thousands to have them removed. The result is scars and nasty looking patches on his skin. He is now unable to wear shorts because of this.

So my suggestion is wear the new tats that wash off after a while and are not permanent.

Fran

Ive thought about it. Maybe something small and a bit feminine on my rear or pubic area, but not seriously...No ink for me so far!

Some tatoos are very nice, its a personal thing, not for me but if a particular tatoo has a special meaning for one then yes go for it, those sort of tatoos are good for the soul.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

I am not a fan of something that will be a permanent fashion item.

What if the fashion changes in ten years.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.