Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tattoos?

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I've got nothing against tattoos if done tastefully (though I'd never get one myself), but some look really trashy and do nothing to enhance a persons look. My son's girlfriend has many up her arms which look awful.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Silver Member
    I should stay out of this discussion, but I can't. Tats are not for me. On a woman, small, tasteful ones in the right places can look nice. I've seen too many very pretty girls with so much ink that its a disgusting landscape. As they age, the tats will begin to look like wet water colors running down a canvas. So, IMHO, be brutally honest with yourself as to what you want and WHY!

I have a fair amount of ink work done. I like them and I appreciate the art on others. All of mine are for me...i can show or cover them up if I choose to. Tattoos are a very personal decision, as they are basically permanent feature. I wish you all the best on your journey. Cheers.
    Life is too short to be boring...Alexandra

I have enough work now to be considered "heavily tattooed," and I choose them specifically to enhance my feminine presentation - no masculine designs for me. I also only work with female artists. Mostly flowers, birds, butterflies, on my back, legs and sides. I have two female portraits on my upper arms. All of these are covered when I'm in male drag and nobody who knows my personality would suspect that I am wearing a substantial amount of ink. It does preclude wearing shorts or sleeveless shirts in boy mode, but I hardly ever did anyway, so that was not a big problem for me. The tattoos get a lot of mostly positive attention when I'm dressed and are very much a part of my femme persona.

The pain varies a lot depending on the location, how hydrated you are, and your general health and mood that day. Large flat areas with plenty of fat and muscle underneath are the easiest - back, legs, upper arms - except when working directly over the spine or ribs. The tops of my feet, and my buttocks, were both sheer torture, however. (The latter because my butt kept twitching madly every time the artist came close to it with her needles!) Ankles, and the "tramp stamp" region, are both moderately painful because they involve working over bony areas.

- Diane

So, just be careful, and think twice before jumping into ink. You can inadvertently kind of wind up looking like someone in the circus side show if you're not careful.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 10-10-2018 at 05:43 AM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I have thought of a tattoo from time to time. I have considered a sea turtle on my calf or my family crest on my upper arm.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Tattoos? Nope. Nope. NOPE! I find sleeves and huge tapestries on women looks trashy. Just my opinion. A small, subtle one - sure, nothing wrong with that, if it's your thing.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    My son got a dragon tattoo up his side,I have to admit it's a cracking piece of ink.He wanted to get another one,and tried getting me to come along and get one too,a Xmas present for me,I wasn't falling for that one I'm a wuss when it comes to pain,and I'm not particularly into them either

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I have three, they all have meaning/story behind them and they only show when I wear a tank top. If you get anything make sure it has some meaning for you and that it won't be in an awkward place. I really want a small pink transgender symbol tattooed by my pubic area. So that it would be covered by my panties.

I have a tramp stamp.

As this isn't a picture sub forum, send me a private message if you want more details about it.

Some tatoos are very nice, its a personal thing, not for me but if a particular tatoo has a special meaning for one then yes go for it, those sort of tatoos are good for the soul.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Ive thought about it. Maybe something small and a bit feminine on my rear or pubic area, but not seriously...No ink for me so far!

I got an Hawaiian tribal tattoo around one of ankles this summer, it looks real nice, like an anklet.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

Quote Originally Posted by dana 1 View Post
    I got a tattoo when I was in the service 45 years ago, it's just a blue green & red gob of ink that looks terrible now, it means a lot to me but it sure is ugly now
    I would really like to talk you out of it if possible.
    As you age,the tattoo becomes less definite and eventually will wind up looking like a nasty bruise and the bigger it is the uglier it will be. There is also a serious danger of infection and some really nasty diseases like AIDS and Hep-C.
    An alternative would be Henna, which lasts about a month and has some really pretty designs if you absolutely must do this
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Modern techniques, inks, and hardware have progressed to the point that the bleeding a lot of youbladies are talking about is greatly minimized. Also, any tattoo shop worth their salt surgically sterilizes all their equipment so you’re more likely to get a disease from fast food than you are from a tattoo. And “ugly” is in the eye of the beholder. Many modern tattoo artists are ARTISTS capable of churning out museum quality art. Modern tattooing is NOT old sailor tattoos.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnalee View Post
    I would really like to talk you out of it if possible.
    As you age,the tattoo becomes less definite and eventually will wind up looking like a nasty bruise and the bigger it is the uglier it will be. There is also a serious danger of infection and some really nasty diseases like AIDS and Hep-C.
    An alternative would be Henna, which lasts about a month and has some really pretty designs if you absolutely must do this

As an Artist, I wouldn't allow a tattooist from one of the family studios tattoo me!
    The Studios are sterile as, yet the artists are employed more because of their affiliation with so called motorcycle enthusiast groups!

Find an independent Artist and go with it!

Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

I have 9 tattoos, All of them are personal and most of them are very masculine.
    One of the things that I have learned from this forum is, "As long as you are happy who cares" That is my advice to you, if you are happy that is what matters.
    Looking at the original post, this has been answered, the thicker the meat is generally the less pain or if it is near nerve endings this will cause pain as well. No Pain no gain

I would find a reputable artist tell them what you want and make several trips before getting it done, most of all have fun.
    hugs and more hugs

Rhandi

Tats are the poor mans art. Or at least that is what I was taught at an early age. I know several people who have tats and they have some very beautiful pictures on them that the only way to see them is if they are naked. Most of them now regret having them done. One of my friends has paid thousands to have them removed. The result is scars and nasty looking patches on his skin. He is now unable to wear shorts because of this.

So my suggestion is wear the new tats that wash off after a while and are not permanent.

Fran