Thread: BUSTED! while shopping and might have spotted a CD in the wild

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar

BUSTED! while shopping and might have spotted a CD in the wild

Wife and I spent the holiday together shopping, our first stop was the closest Goodwill. After lots of looking around my wife found a silky nightgown but, the checkout line was very long. I got bored and wandered back over to the dresses to give them a better look while my wife waited in line. I spotted one I liked and was checking it out, thought about pulling it off the rack but decided I didn't need it. I turned around and my mother-in-law was standing behind me. "Whatcha doing?" she asks with a big grin.

"Umm, just looking," I answered and laughed. I went on to explain I was killing time while her lovely daughter waited in line. She asked again why I was looking through the dresses and I just honestly answered, "One caught my eye." She was cracking up, and I traded places with my wife in line so she could go talk to her Mom. "You don't mind buying this nightgown for me, I guess you probably won't," she said and laughed. She was surprisingly relaxed about it when her Mom told her she caught me dress shopping. "Well I told him to be on the lookout for something I could use for Halloween," she said covering for me.

Next we went to the big mall in our area and did some shopping, there was a mild crowd despite being a holiday. We hit up Ross and I picked out a 4 dollar clearance dress that I'll use for a nightgown I think, but at 4 dollars it seemed silly not to buy it. Next she wanted to show me the Sephora store that is in our JC Penny. We walked in and I said, "Lets find that Elements Palette." My wife is a makeupaholic and some of that rubs off on me, the Urban Decay Elements Palette really looks cool. A SA popped up from nowhere and directed me to the palette, and then wanted to swatch some of her favorite colors for me. The SA was so friendly with us and oddly I didn't feel the least bit out of place, I can see why that place is so popular.

I don't know about you all, but since I started dressing I really look at women much more closely for lots of reasons, but I'm always on the lookout to spot a CD out. So walking back through the mall I saw a lady coming and my CD alarm went off. She looked really lovely, but a bit more dressed up then the average shopper. I'll never know if it was a CDer, but here's the IMPORTANT thing, it wasn't the face, the body, or the clothes that I noticed. It was the nervous way she looked around, eyes darting back and forth, and a slight sense of fear. That was what set me to examining her a bit more closely and thinking, yeah perhaps. No one else was paying her a bit of attention though, and it's a good lesson; if you walk around acting like you're being stalked by someone you're far more likely to be noticed.

Ah ah!

Sprung, weren't you lucky.

Have you thought that the mother in law might just have an inkling as to what is going on?

Apparently the older you get the more cunning you get.

American? proverb.

As you get older beauty is replaced by stealth and cunning.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

mum-in-laws, almost as smart as mums, bet she's got you pegged as a lovely cross dresser

To true about the "being stalked" look, but I suppose we all started out scared.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I truly believe one of these days it is going to be just typical conversational gossip for females to say my bf/husband/son/son in law likes to crossdress- does yours?
    We are all beautiful...!

I think the only way to get rid of the Being Stalked look is to practice being out. Becoming comfortable over time is the only way I know to dispense of the subconscious flight response.

If that indeed was a CD, then good for her on taking those steps toward becoming more comfortable.

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

Banned Read only
    I won't say I'm on a quest to spot a cross dresser. My eye is still looking at pretty dresses on women. That should increases the chances of spotting a cross dresser. No? What I'd really like to spot is a Sasquatch in the wild.

Banned Read only
    ONE MUST OWN IT whenever out in the RW "dressed wrong". Regardless of how one is attired or how fully.

There is only one way to accomplish this.

Do it over and over at least dozens of times. Confidence will replace fear/trepidation/deer in the headlights look, given time.

And always keep in mind... THEY (most of them) are not out there in the RW, to "get" US. They are probably shopping for something or another and not just wandering about looking for trouble.

Is “crossdresser spotting” a thing? Lol. Seems nary a week goes by here in So Cal that I don’t see at least one crossdresser or trans person. I can’t imgaine living somewhere so uptight that spotting one of us is an event.

Banned Read only
    Sarah,
    Since I've been out full time in my new home town I learned very quickly to stop looking for a reaction , I've found the less you do it the less of a reaction you get . I also accept we can never pass 100% , to most people I've possibly passed them by before they realise . It's funny how we pick up on a person being nervous , it's possibly a natural instinct rather like a dog soon detects a nervous person . I've been uncomfortable sometimes but that is usually down to a clothing problem like the time when I was walking down the High Street and I could feel my holds up not doing their job , everyso often I had to find a quiet spot to persuade them to go up my legs and not down !

I have seen a couple of Cders while I'm out and about and yes they did look nervous , I felt slightly guilty with one as I'm so comfortable and was casually walking across a supermarket car park to return my trolley whereas she scuttled past me looking a little overwhelmed by me . I'm not sure if she would have appreciated me stopping to talk .
    Last edited by Teresa; 10-09-2018 at 04:30 PM.

Reality Check
    I never see crossdressers where I live. The exception is the time I saw my own reflection in a store window.
    Krisi

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    My wife's mum and dad have known about me for a while now but all they said was as long as I treat their daughter well they dont have a problem.The image of fearsome MIL seems to have died off.

Sarah your so right,if your looking furtive or your posture etc is all wrong,thats a sure sign that you will be noticed,think the more your out and about the easier it gets

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Sarah, your MIL knows. As to a CDer in the wild, could be.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

When Roxanne is happy, being inher clothes, her dresses, her make-up, her stockings, she simply IS female. She has nothing to hide, and loves her femininity. She even smiles at men! I adore being Roxanne, and love to be female!
    "Roxanne Lives, Ever So Happy and Sweet".
    Roxanne
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be