Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The new order

The new order

So I’ve been around the block a few times, and I know this forum tends to be a bit conservative, but I feel like the new generation is blending gender expression and sexuality. I feel like the maximum that crossdressers are 99% heterosexual is staring to fade away. What is the thought about that? Any younger dressers out there willing to chime in? I myself identify as a bisexual transgender person who lives primarily as a male. I know the older guard will staunchly refute this idea, but I think is happening. What do you think?
    Ummm...yeah...what Shania said.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/57310119@N04/

I consider myself straight, but the thought of playing with another dresser intregues me. I live mostly as a male.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisB View Post
    I consider myself straight, but the thought of playing with another dresser intregues me. I live mostly as a male.
    Thx! I think you are representing what I am talking about. Let’s not repress how we feel! It’s truly a new world for us!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Yes! That’s what I’m talking about! It’s a new world we live in. And it’s
    Ours!!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You do know gender and sexuality are two different things right?
    Your new world isn't new at all really because many have been doing that for as long as I can remember.

I'm in my 50's now so I'm in the older category, but I agree with you that these perceptions are changing and I'm glad. I don't label myself, but if I did, I would also describe myself as you have. I think it's been found that sexuality is on a scale, nobody is 100% heterosexual or 100% homosexual. We all fall somewhere along the spectrum. I also feel that gender roles come from being conditioned and forced to conform to societal norms and I'm thrilled that younger people are not buying into that.

i am starting to think that most crossdessers are heterosexual may be a little bit off. I am over 50 and live primarily as a male. For most of my life I was 100% hetero, until I started dressing. I now consider myself Heteroflexible,( I know another label ) I can only speak for myself, but crossdressing, has allowed me to express myself in a new way sexually. The most difficult part for me was having the guts to own it.

Fashions change, lifestyle changes, cars get updated and so does our outlook on life as a new generation comes along.

I agree the twenty year old set of today has a different outlook to the previous generation.

Nothing is constant but change. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I don’t think the demographics are changing at all. I think it’s just becoming more acceptable in society and therefore more visible, and as more of us come out of the woodwork we’re just seeing the glorious spectrum that has been there all along.

What I hope is, and where I think we maybe making a lot of progress is losing some of the rules. Seems like up to this point there have been rules defining everything! If you're straight you do this, if you're gay you do that, if you're trans you do the other thing. Boys can't wear this or do that. Give us a break! Kids (and to a large extent adults) seek a path to follow. A set of rules. I think that's one reason we incessantly seek labels. The internet has opened a lot of eyes. People tend to not be so narrowly defined. I am so tired of all the rules!

I'm not sure how much younger but!

I'm Blending, I'm Pansexual & gender questionable!

The problem the Old Guard has is the change of Guard
    Stacy
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Spend just a few minutes on Fetlife (Fetish dating site) and you'll notice something...

The VAST majority of the CD-ers on there are bi or "Hetroflexible".

The notion that most crossdressers are straight is as silly as saying that they are all gay. It's a spectrum. And it always has been.

Nothing has really changed except that people now vastly overestimate the LGBT population. It's about 4% of the population. Yet some CDs like to vastly underestimate the bisexuality among CDs believing that somehow it is more acceptable if everyone thinks we are straight. I've got news for you: gays are more accepted than CDs. If you want more acceptance say you are gay or bi but straight CD doesn't compute with the general public. I went through a phase where I thought I was gay or bisexual. I knew I was sexually attracted to women but then I was also sexually attracted to the idea of being one. My being a woman fantasies could involve either lesbian or straight sex but my being a male fantasies only involved sex with women. I was never attracted to men as a man. In fact as a female I was only attracted to men as a abstraction. People who research this sort of thing call this pseudo-bisexuality and it is a common feature of autogynephilia (AGP). When the AGPs of the world can identify as such without shame then I'll agree that it's a new world. But, until then it is just the same old crap only different.
    Last edited by LilSissyStevie; 10-09-2018 at 11:36 AM.

Banned Read only
    I'm ancient by anybody's standards. I am amazed by the number of folks in the obituaries who are younger than I. I could join their ranks at anytime. Nothing has really changed over the decades. It's just many more are willing to shed the secrecy and get out in the sunshine. Demographics requires by the nature of the profession the necessity of putting someone or something into a neat box. Look at the census when trying to categorize some persons heritage. Endless list of choices. Same with this quest to stick sexuality or gender express into boxes. Just say what you like to do. Of course, if one has a mission to confirm a belief and you ask a person with a penis between the legs why he is wearing a dress, if you don't like the response, you'll probably say he is repressing his true identity.

If you're a cross dressing man and day dream about making it with a male does it make you a homosexual? Does thinking about killing your neighbor make you a murderer?

I suspect many of the respondents would fail Logic 101 in the analysis of sexuality and gender.

This isn’t a great data set since fetlife is specifically a site for people with sexual fetishes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Bridget View Post
    Spend just a few minutes on Fetlife (Fetish dating site) and you'll notice something...

The VAST majority of the CD-ers on there are bi or "Hetroflexible".

The notion that most crossdressers are straight is as silly as saying that they are all gay. It's a spectrum. And it always has been.

Banned Read only
    Patti,
    Age doesn't really relate to this question but it is well known within our commnunity that most of us are heterosexual . I'm afraid the older ones of us have had to live through misrepresentation within the media . You are as you are end of story ! If it makes you happy and doesn't create a problem with others where's the problem . Fads do come and go but the important thing is stay safe .

Age really doesn't come into it , I had a pass made at me by an older Cder , I brushed it off politely and made it clear I wasn't interested , he's a nice guy and we still get on fine .

Don't forget we were all young once , I could write a book but it might struggle being classified , just because we are more mature doesn't mean we haven't lived !!!
    Last edited by Teresa; 10-09-2018 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    This isn’t a great data set since fetlife is specifically a site for people with sexual fetishes.
    True. But the sheer number of them there says something.

The avvy pic isn't me
    I'm gonna say ditto to what Micki said in her first post.

I also concur with Tracii, we should try to be careful with how we speak of gender identity and sexual orientation together, one doesn't preclude or include the other; which I suppose is why I've always been fascinated and very confused with the folks who say they are straight when in male mode, but have 'thoughts' of bi-sexuality when dressed.
    I also firmly believe the maxim that the labels attached to sexuality are generally vague and outdated; the myriad of the human expression in all phases or types are across the board way to diverse to be served by the notion that we are 'only' this or that.

I think it is true that things haven't really changed as much as it's just getting a little (not a lot) more out in the open, but the big changes are still a few decades away in my opinion.

Cass

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Exclamation Never say "Never!"

I'm really old. Except for when I began dressing at age 50, I've never questioned my sexuality. That I'm simply a straight man. That being said, however:

Over the years I've had some really nice, clean cut young men come on to me. And, I've met some very feminine M to F trans. While I've been tempted to experiment, maybe make out, fool around and see where it goes, I haven't. Because parts is parts!

And, to me there's nothing attractive about male parts!

But, I'm 75. And, if I can consider the possibility of experimenting why shouldn't those of u eons younger!?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

At 76 I am way old, but I agree with what Jenny said

Aspiring Member
    I don't know how many crossdressers are gay or how many want to change gender but please remember there are lots of us on this forum who are entirely heterosexual and are happy being male. My worry is that female partners who have just found out that their man likes to dress as a woman but insists he is not gay will come on this Forum and get enough evidence to accuse him of lying. We don't need this.

When I dress as a woman and go out I rarely even encounter men and this is fine with me. If you go to clothes shops and restaurants most of the staff are women. The thought of dressing to attract men does not occur to me - I dress for me and to get compliments from women. I like to wear women's clothes and look good in them and there is nothing more than that involved - I don't even imagine I am a woman when I dress up enough to go out.

If you want to go with men - fine. If you are gay or bi - fine. If you want to become a woman - fine. But please don't lose sight that lots of us don't.

Quote Originally Posted by susan54 View Post
    My worry is that female partners who have just found out that their man likes to dress as a woman but insists he is not gay will come on this Forum and get enough evidence to accuse him of lying. We don't need this.
    So are you saying that people here who are gay/bi must to keep it to themselves in case someone's wife sees it? Seems selfish to me..... Perhapse if people tell women about their habbit before marrying them, there wouldn't be so much confusion.

Silver Member
    I'm 84, kinda old, huh! It wasn't until the last few years that I became Bi-curious, just curious, where I imagined under the best of circumstances that, when fully en femme, I might be tempted to please a man as a woman. But, I haven't and may never. But, that feeling is still with me, almost every day as I feel quite flexible on the subject. Maybe you could call me "hetero-flexible". Hmmmm... anew label?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I think the majority of CDers here are straight and have no bi or bi curious side to them.
    I have been here 10 years and I do pay attention to what people say so thats my take on this population anyway other sites may be vastly difference.
    I really wouldn't worry that coming here would make a wife or SO that just found out her man likes to dress is gay.
    I see no concrete evidence of that.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Not that I have anything against being gay (I have a gay son), but the thought of any physical or emotional connection with another male leaves me totally cold. It just isn't nor has ever been of any interest to me. I would say on this forum the majority of members who identify as cross dressers are probably in the straight camp, though that may be very different on other forums. I don't think a partner visiting here would automatically equate cd-ing with being gay. My son also tells me in the bars and clubs he frequents cd-ers are almost non existent.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by susan54 View Post
    My worry is that female partners who have just found out that their man likes to dress as a woman but insists he is not gay will come on this Forum and get enough evidence to accuse him of lying. We don't need this.
    We don't need this? Really? What do you mean by we, all the good upstanding straight members here? That's what it sounds like. In fact what it actually sounds like is possibly the single most homo-phobic sentence I've ever read on this forum. I was going to add 'and this from a straight crossdresser' but I won't because, you know what, my or anyone elses sexuality is no-ones elses business.