Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I ain't wearing that!

Banned Read only

I ain't wearing that!

This is a mighty colorful barrel of CDers here. Any such thing as a EOCD? Equal Oportunity CDer.

As in, IF it is made for women, I will try/buy/wear it? As forms, makeup, nails and wigs seem quite optional to many here, let's just confine this to clothing and shoes.

I may have just missed it, but I don't think I have ever seen a 100% "nothing is off my table" dresser here.

Is it maybe as simple as NOT being able to find certain items that fit "good enough"?

I am not sure you ever will see a nothing is of limits as we all have different tastes.

Something you like I might think is horrid or vice versa.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Banned Read only
    I am not sure if I understand your question.

I will wear anything I feel comfortable wearing. That doesn't mean I will wear anything and everything just because it's woman's clothing.

If it looks like crap on me or makes me feel like crap, I ain't wearing that.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 10-08-2018 at 01:14 PM.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I agree with Roberta.

There's lots of stuff in the women's department that doesn't interest me. Lot's of it is stuff I don't find all that attractive on women.

LOL ! Count me in ! There is nothing I won't try on for fun !

I have gone through many, many racks of women's clothing over the years and have passed on almost everything. There are certain items that, even if they fit "good enough" would get rejected so I never even try them on.

I'll try anything but the more I do the narrower the range of things I'd go for again. It's maybe just a case of gradually finding a look and feel that suits me.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbiegirl View Post
    LOL ! Count me in ! There is nothing I won't try on for fun !
    There's a big difference in trying something on and wearing it. I try on all kinds of stuff that I would never wear just to see if I could wear it.

But then again when I am shopping probably %99 or more of the clothes on the rack get passed over because I don't like the color, cut, style, or whatever...

Crossdressers are allowed to have their own taste and style.

I'm picky in what I'll wear. It has to fit well and look good on me. Also I do dress in a kind of conservative manner although my tastes do change from time to time. I disliked leggings at first, but after trying them on and with the right top I think they'd be part of my wardrobe, need a long enough top first.
    So to answer your question, no I'm not an EOCD.

Shelly has a good point, what suits one may not suit another, a second opinion is also good if there is doubt about something but at the end of the day personal taste is down to that person. I see many people out and about( women especially) I think wow that does nothing for you but they are happy and content with what they are wearing so who am I to criticise?
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Banned Read only
    Wild....,
    I depends how much money you have to throw about , most of my items now are bought in retail outlets so when I'm in the changing area there's always a SA to talk to or sometimes the input from other female shoppers . We all make mistakes but sometimes the fun is making it work .

I do find so many racks full of tops I'd wouldn't want to be seen dead in .

Reality Check
    There are lots of women's clothes or other items that I would not buy or wear. Most women feel the same way. Even women have different styles.
    Krisi

I’m a 25 year old, i wouldn’t wear things that are intended for elder(?) women. I don’t mean I go ****ty but I tend to dress more casual and not so churchy/Sunday brunch, if that makes sense lol.

Platinum Member
    Hi WAH , Plane and simple, I take pride in my appearance in both Male & Female Modes.

I don't want to wear something that looks like CRAP . >Orchid ..oo..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    It also depends on where on the spectrum you are and how long you have been dressing.
    I have noticed guys that start dressing go for the ****ty look or the pre teen /teen girl look bright pink or green hair, peekacho hats or hats with ears on them for example.
    I equate that with their female "puberty" or learning curve in trying to find their look.
    We all grow into our look over time so what works for some doesn't work for others.

Gold Member
    There are many things I can not wear; mostly because it does not come in my size.
    So I already have a limited selection on women's wear. That's OK, because at
    my age (71) there are things that just would look out of place on me.
    Rader

I agree with RADAR, I'm a senior (79) and have limited my selection to those things that do not draw attention to my age.

I have tried to develop a certain style over the years, but it keeps evolving.

There is such a variety in women's clothes it's easy to find many things I don't like but others will just love.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

I think there are a few odd people on this forum and what is wrong with them wearing oddments? :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Hey I resemble that remark!

I am usually the odd one at parties, you know the one who shows up in a skirt and a "T" shirt to a formal dinner.

Really we are all odd sometimes in our life and sometimes all of the time to strangers.
    So I don't let it worry me as I know who and what I am and I love myself. [0] I just want to be the me I love.

Fran

[0] Not in a narcissistic kind of way.
    Last edited by Fran in skirts; 10-09-2018 at 12:34 AM. Reason: remove quote

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Well said Fran. There are two types of people in the world, normal ones and odd ones. Normal is another word for boring. Odd is another word for interesting. Show me to the odd ones please.

The is a wide variety of women's clothing out there because there is great variation in tastes and preferences. I doubt there is anyone who falls into the "wear anything"category. Certainly not me.

Aspiring Member
    There's a whole raft of things that I wouldn't wear, although I bet some of them I may have worn when I was much younger.

Silver Member
    First off, are you comfortable with trying things on in a womens clothing store? This a very useful tool to have in your purse, because you can try anything on and there is no such thing as "What was I thinking?" There is only "Yes, it makes me look fabulous. I'll take it" or "Nope. Next item please". The result is you never come out of the store with something you later regret.

If you're not comfortable shopping for yourself, give it a try. You'll find sales staff to be very professional and accepting, maybe even eager to help a nervous CD find herself and become happier.