Thread: Flirting and another first on my list

Flirting and another first on my list

Again something that has never happened to me. I was doing some grocery shopping after a little gym time. Capris tights, pink top, forms, wig and newly applied make up after leaving the gym. I was wandering the aisles like all the other women checking prices, comparing items and keeping to my list. In other words not paying attention to my surroundings when I abruptly turned to a display and promptly ran into this guy. I apologized and he said not to worry. I kept going and moments later he was right next to me again. He started joking about the the layout of the store, we laughed and went our own ways. Yes, moments later he was next to me again talking about the weather and making jokes, this went on for a few more stops. And, who was checking out right behind me?

I have never been on the receiving side of this. I know that if I were the guy is this scenario it would be to make a pretty girl laugh at my jokes. So, without actually exchanging phone numbers I am going to assume he was flirting with me and I enjoyed the attention. Did I let him see my car when I left? No way. A quick trip to the lady’s room made sure he was gone before I left.

Good for you for being smart and safe. Nothing wrong with enjoying the attention, but just be careful and safe. Just remember that some guys will take any sign of reciprocation as an invitation.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You did the right thing.
    Simple flirting flirting can turn into a very creepy situation quickly.
    If he flirts once let it go if he flirts again tell him kindly you are married and to stop.

I usually tell them that I'm only into girls, which is true, no matter how I'm dressed.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I have been flirted with many times by men, I do not flirt back, I do graciously accept compliments. Men can be creepy and come on way too strong. They see a man dressed as a woman and want to get a closer look, I wouldn't read too much in it.

When I was twenty I used to gain the unwanted attention of men, but my girlfriends showed me how to fend them off.

Another feminine trait I learned from the experts. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Why is every man who says hi, creepy?
    I love chatting to people, male, females, trans, whatever (actually anyone with ears - poor b*st***s), doesn't mean I want to get them in to bed, just means I'm friendly.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I agree with Rachel that we need to be careful about applying interpretations that may not be true. Like her, I am a friendly person and when shopping I often make friendly comments to other shoppers. Hopefully they are seen as appropriate. That said, your description of the situation and the repeated contacts was more likely than not a pursuit of some kind. You handled it well. Now you know what women have to put up with when they are actually noticed by a horny male who has a wrongheaded view of what women appreciate and what they do not appreciate. I think women do have a kind of sixth sense for that kind of behavior that males simply do not perceive.

Rachel, I didn't say all men are creepy, but being friendly and polite are different than being flirtatious.

Christie ann, Definitely sounds like flirting to me. Did you twist or toss your hair while he was talking to you?
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

No not every man is creepy and not all flirting is creepy. Stalking a woman around the grocery store is kinda creepy.

I've been followed by creepy men in the supermarket and in bars they are worse, I had to report this one guy before I slugged him.

He seemed nice enough and didn’t seem creepy, our conversations never went past superficial topics liberally coated with puns and jokes. It was a fun experience but one I didn’t want to take out of the store with me.

I could easily be friendly and polite to a nice man.

Roxanne, Who is she, really?
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be

That's what I thought Christie,
    I mean you didn't mention he looked into your eyes and tell you how cute you were, or that he love how your hair looked, or how long your legs were or ogling you.

My thoughts, he was just trying to be friendly during your shopping, hopefully put you at ease by trying to make fun and make his day less ordinary (probably got a super boring day job).
    Heck I would flirt back too if he was good, because nothing went over the line.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

All,

There is the possibility of course that he was one of us, read Christinne ann but opted not to say anything directly just in case he'd got it completely wrong or offend by effectively saying, "Hey, you don't pass".

It's still the right thing to do to show caution but let's not think everyone is out to get us. A balance needs to be struck.

It's never happened to me, but my it has happened to my wife on a number of occasions. It's something we don't think of as guys very often (unless I guess you happen to be one of those to DO it), but I don't think it's all that uncommon to happen to ladies, unfortunately. It's one of those things that we get to experience, from time to time, I suppose, when presenting as a lady that would never even cross our minds in guy mode.
    Letting the girl in me out.
    More pictures here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/165304654@N04/albums

All these comments have got me thinking about those times in guy mode when I will talk to a woman in the store. I just want to say hi, make a joke and go on...but what is going on in her head?