Thread: Walking and talking

Walking and talking

Have you ever forgot you were dressed around the home and answered the phone and started to walk around and talk until you realized the person on the other end could hear your heels.We have hardwood floors throughout our home and sometimes I walk into a room and my wife is on the cordless and she's got one hand in the air waving like I'm a F18 coming in too low on an aircraft carrier and the other over the end of the phone telling me to stop walking.Sometimes though I'll do it on an 1-800 number just to make them wonder why they're hearing a male voice and high heels....
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

Yup, done that.

Anne

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle 51 View Post
    Sometimes though I'll do it on an 1-800 number just to make them wonder why they're hearing a male voice and high heels....
    You’re delightfully wicked :-)

Fran

Platinum Member
    We have carpeting throughout the house, except for the bathrooms. I have commented once or twice on this site to threads where the clicking of the heels on a hard floor surface was heard by the neighbors in the downstairs apartment. If you're hiding out upstairs while your wife is holding her book club you better be aware of the clicking heels being heard downstairs. I'd hate to see a wife trying to explain that sound to her guests!

I have forgotten to remove makeup, and the other day I forgot and was still wearing Mary Jane's whilst in drab at work.

Naah! No one noticed, I kept a low profile for the day.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Michelle,

The other "tells" are; charm bracelets and, dangly earrings. I have had someone at the other end of the line ask me if I can hear something rattling.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Reality Check
    Don't forget earrings hitting the phone.
    Krisi

Speaking of earrings do I have to be afraid of clip-on's leaving a mark?

Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    charm bracelets and, dangly earrings. I have had someone at the other end of the line ask me if I can hear something rattling.
    ^I've experienced this; my earrings were making noise against the phone.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Yes, clip-ons leave a mark. I pinched my ear lobes after removing the earrings for the day. I hope it works because I know it's one of the signs my wife looks for.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

And a tight wig cap can leave a mark on your forehead. I've had that happen a couple of times along with marks from clip-on earrings.
    "When you come to a fork in the road, Take it!" - Yogi Berra
    I guess I did!

Banned Read only
    Michelle,
    Although I don't change my voice I was caught out by my sister in law last Sunday . I was in a supermarket doing my shopping dressed when my mobile phone rang , obvioulsy there were customers all round me and she wanted to meet up for coffee . I had to tell her in my very ordinary voice that I was dressed in a supermarket and as she hadn't seen me before was it still OK to meet up . We did meet in a coffee shop and all went well . As for the clicking clacking heels well I don't give that a thought .

Thanks Krisi I forgot the earrings rattling on the phone !

The soft mono caps don't leave a mark besides I wear a wig full time now anyway .
    Last edited by Teresa; 10-10-2018 at 04:17 PM.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor Dame View Post
    And a tight wig cap can leave a mark on your forehead. I've had that happen a couple of times .
    A tip I learned a long time ago was to use a liner of some sort (let you all guess which one), hey presto, no wig mark! Works for most of the wigs I have.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm serious about my dressing. When I dress I don't answer the door, the phone. or random calls that dinner's ready!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Always conscious of it when either of my parents are on the line,not really bothered if it's anyone else.Although my wife when we were dating always liked to hear my heels clicking when I was on the line to her

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle 51 View Post
    I'll do it on an 1-800 number just to make them wonder why they're hearing a male voice and high heels....
    I agree with Fran K. You are deliciously perverse.

...thanks for the idea.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

You think heels on hard wood make noise, we have tile floors, and even if it's the wife on the phone instead of me, she warns me about walking around in heels because it can be heard. As far as tells, yes wigs and clip on earrings can leave marks that can last for hours. And another thing to watch out for are rings, I've found myself out shopping for hours in drab, just to realize I had a very feminine ring on the whole time. But early on my wife taught me to always pull the erring off the ear the phone is held up to, she was a phone exchange operator when we met, and she also wears clip on's, and always pulled hers off when working the phones.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    forgot and was still wearing Mary Jane's whilst in drab at work.
    I am going to “like” this post.

I have done that and when I have earrings on and I talk on the phone, I always wonder if the other person wonders what that occasional clicking is when the earring hits the phone. (yes we still have a landline)