Thread: Giant leap for me.

Giant leap for me.

I booked today off from work because I expected to be travelling out of town for my grandsons hockey tournament, those plans fell through so I decided to make this a Karen day. This morning I planned on going out dressed in broad daylight. I've been out for a drive dressed before but always leaving just before full dark. I had trouble doing my makeup because I was so nervous. I did my makeup not sure what's appropriate for the daytime. I went with a light eye shadow ,eye liner and mascara instead of false lashes, and red matte lipstick. I checked out front before leaving and as I was going to my car the neighbor lady across the street pulled into her driveway. She's seen me getting into my car dressed before as a brunette ,today if she looked she would have seen a blonde getting into my car. I drove to a neighboring city and cruised the main street, lots of people on the sidewalks no one taking notice. I drove to a small plaza just outside of the city parked with no one near me got out and as I was standing by the car a young lady pulled in 2 spaces from me I pulled my phone from my purse and acted like I was on a call and she just walked past me on her errand. I walked in my sensible shoes (no heels on this outing)to the end of the row and stood there watching cars and people pass going about their business totally ignored. I know I can't pass but I think I looked great today. Got back in the car and drove to the mall where I live. Again I parked far away from the entrance and walked to the end of my row and even went up to the doors but didn't go in. I saw lots of women and a few men in the parking lot and none looked my way twice if at all. Don't know what the great fear was but it's now gone. Looking forward to my next midday journey. I plan to actually enter a mall dressed though I don't think it will be my local one, I'll drive to a nearby city. I'm told the more you do something the easier it gets. One giant leap for Karen.
    Everything you always wanted is on the other side of fear.George Addair.

That is awesome! Congratulations.

Congratulations, Karen. Isn't it a relief? I was very happy to just finally find out that people either don't notice, or if they do, it is over in 1 second, 2 if it is a long moment! And we are FREE- I couldn't believe it.
    We are all beautiful...!

No one on this planet is even moderately concerned with anyone but themselves. So it is no wonder no one noticed you. Which is a shame, people don't talk to one another, don't even look at one another.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

No one on this planet is even moderately concerned with anyone but themselves. So it is no wonder no one noticed you. Which is a shame, people don't talk to one another, don't even look at one another.

Anyway, I know how much fun you had, I have done the dusk to dark thing several times and it feels great!

As everyone here says.
    Be confident and smile.
    No one seems to pay attention.
    Everyone has their own stuff to concentrate on, and unless you are doing something to stand out, you are not one of them.
    Congrats. Feels great, doesn't it?

You're doing just fine, carry on with baby steps, slowly get used to being amongst many people and soon before you know it you will wonder why you worried before! yes difficult at first it is for everybody but you will get ther in time have no worries you are doing just great well done and best wishes.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Congrats, Karen. It gets easier over time. Ppl are engrossed in their phones so much anymore- they are Not paying attn to you, or anyone else. In my case- Im only out in daytime only-- with large-frame Shades on- so not worried abt being recognized. Don't worry abt "passing"--just "blend-in" with what GGs in your area wear-- and go abt yr business! Go for it! The Mall awaits! Toni G..

What? You didn’t get chased down the street with pitchforks? The Anti-dress patrol didn’t show up to haul you away? How did you ever manage that?? But in all seriousness, people are too busy and self absorbed to care that you’re wearing a dress. Even if someone does care, the odds of them actually confronting you are pretty small tbh. The worst most of us can expect is a comment under the breath and maybe a laugh behind our back.

Oh well done, we're proud of you I think that's sort of an event horizon - there's no going back now LOL. I very much agree with other posts; the higher your own confidence the easier it'll be.

Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    The worst most of us can expect is a comment under the breath and maybe a laugh behind our back.
    Yes, exactly. And if you can keep in mind that they're the ones with a problem, not you, then people like that don't matter. You're a better person than them; someone like that would never have the balls (pun intended) to do what you're doing, to be themselves in the way you are; be proud of yourself.

A hearty woo-hoo to your successful outing. I:am looking forward to more stories about your next adventures.

I will affirm that the more you do it......... :-)

Good for you.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Karen, congratulations. If I can give some advice, the only way you knew people were not looking at you was you were looking at them. I try not to concentrate on others as it will make them stare back.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I think your plans for your next outing sound spot on! Congratulations on your newfound confidence. Remember that feeling of success when you open the door to the mall.

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

Quote Originally Posted by alwayshave View Post
    I try not to concentrate on others as it will make them stare back.
    I don't concentrate on others either, but I find it is important for gals like us to always be aware of our surroundings. Sunglasses may help.

Congratulations on your latest step forward.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Fantastic! Congratulations! Once I started shopping en femme I have not looked back!

Good for you it does get a lot eaiser

Taking that leap is so beautiful! I love the way it makes me feel, i.e., a part of life, in a feminine way. It is so delicate, sexy, friendly, and nice! I do need much more of this Pink Fog around me!
    Roxanne Lanyon
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be

That's one true, look ahead and have FUN. Don't look back to see if others are looking, if they are they will only be rewarded with the knowledge that you're nervous. If you aren't looking at them they will have no reason to assume anything. Look and walk with confidence and don't give a s*** if others are looking. Have FUN while out!
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

Silver Member
    Wonderful story! Thanks for sharing. I love the part where you say "I know I can't pass but I think I looked good anyway." You absolutely did because you owned it like a champ. Well done. I hope your next outing happens soon because it only gets better going forward.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Im glad the day went so well for you and without incident.

As a friend said to me a few years ago,which stuck with me.Most people you see in the street are busy with their own thoughts "I need to buy something for tea" or " I better hurry pick the kids up from school" etc etc trying to get from A to B they generally don't have the time to stop and concern themselves with thinking "hey that woman looks like a bloke"

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Reality Check
    That's good for you and I'm glad you got out. Just one thing though: Walking to the end of the row in a parking lot and then turning back is the kind of behavior that attracts attention. A woman wouldn't do that. If a woman drove to the mall, she would get out of the car and go inside. People do notice unusual behavior.

The thought of going to the mall in another town is a good one but once you get there, walk right in as if you do this every week. You don't have to go into the stores, you can window shop.
    Krisi