Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Laser Hair Removal

Aviatrix in Waiting Melanie Moxon's Avatar
    I was aware of that before I started the treatment, but the clinician did tell me that yes

I had my fifth laser session today, I took this last night before I shaved.
    Face_Before_Fifth.jpg

Its clearing nicely and some of the growth from follicles that weren't on the growth cycle on other sessions have cleared and I am now suitably red faced after having had another session

Electro for me was the only way to go. I saw my doctor who gave me pills to take before I started the removal. I still hurt some but tolerable. Oh yes it did take over two years to complete.
    TO OVER WEIGHT TO POST A PHOTO, MY wife tells me I look like I am pregnant

Just before session 6:
    IMG_20190426_081401184_HDR.jpg

This was post shave (forgot to take the picture) but as you can see there has been a reduction in the blue patches since the last session and judging by how my face is now there will be a big hit again this time (I hope). The great thing is with a little bit of colour corrector on my top lip and chin and regular (if slightly warm) foundation I can go from 8AM to 11PM without issue.

Aspiring Member
    Hair removal takes time but results are so worth it! I just had my 100th (!) electro session yesterday (almost 17 month into it) and my cheeks are clear of hair, upper lip has sporadic hair and neck has some. The good things I only shave twice a week after electro session and look just fine the other 5 days of the week. It is so awesome!

Katya,
    I almost to start the electrolysis and I'd like to, as a reference, to know how much hair did you have in your face before the treatment. Any pic?
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Aspiring Member
    Hi Vanessa,
    I am caucasian but not of Mediterranean descend. As such, I had dense hair but it wasn't distorted and not as coarse. I was shaving daily of course to look decent. I could PM some photos. Frequency and consistency is a key to stay on top. Good luck! It hurts first more, and then less and less. It cost a lot and is a time commitment....but so worth it...

Permanent hair removal varies from person to person.

With most people, it seems, lasered hair eventually returns.

Electrolysis is more painful to some than others.

Electrolysis takes longer for some people than others.

I can't remember exactly, it was almost forty years ago, but it couldn't have been more than 100 hours for me. I could do only 30 minutes at a time because it hurt so much. I think the needle was cast iron.

One of the Houston GNO girls, who is still a member here but seldom checks in, was up to 315 hours at our last GNO a month ago. She is in the touch up phase though. She started with laser but it didn't work for her.

300 hours, at the Houston price of $75 per hour is $22,500.

There are no shortcuts. Permanent hair removal is painful and expensive. However, a smooth, shaved face is a dead giveaway regardless of the makeup job. For quality of life as a woman, not shaving is absolutely essential, IMO.