Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing and dining out.

Crossdressing and dining out.

Hello, ladies.

I've been gradually venturing out into the world dressed, but there are still some places where I'm a bit reluctant to go to. I'd like to ask your advice on eating out.

For those who frequently eat out dressed, what features do you look for to make sure things go smoothly? Are there establishments you avoid for any reason? Any food you avoid? Any other pointers?

My experience eating out dressed has been limited to going out with a friend to an old seafood restaurant in town. I knew they did a great Fish & Chips, with a nice piece of beer-battered cod and the potatoes were perfect. Golden and crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside. With the tartar sauce, it went down a treat.

My second and most recent experience dressed was last Monday, when I went to my favorite Chinese food restaurant dressed for the first time. The lady who usually takes the orders recognized me and was very friendly. My current avatar picture was taken that day, so you can see how I looked.

Feel free to describe the dishes you like to enjoy. I'm looking for ideas. Thanks!
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    I wouldn’t go to any fast food restaurants and try not to go to franchise type of restaurants (like Olive Garden) in either dress mode especially when crossdressed. They are like Walmart and supermarkets, not worthy of my crossdressing time.
    Here in Winnipeg, we have an amazing food scene and is a pity not to check out a different restaurant every time out. A favourite thing to do for my friends and I (sometimes crossdressed) is to be spontaneous and choose a restaurant that catches our eye during our travels within the city. Rarely are we disappointed!
    Last edited by Princess Chantal; 10-13-2018 at 03:21 AM.

Patience,

I've eaten out a few times, all without incident. Always treated well. That said a Chinese restuarant I planned to revist when I arrived there were 2 large tables of 16-18 years olds. One was mixed, the other all boys. It was probably exam results time or something similar so out celebrating.

This however prompted me to look elsewhere. The last thing I wanted was a confrontation with a gobby youth showing off to his mates.

The other side of the coin is having sat down at the end of a long table in a pizza place, I was joined by a group of men and women who were on a weekend away. Well it took no time for us to get chatting, they even offered me some of their food.

My last experience was that of dining in a hotel restaurant. I wanted firstly to eat good food, secondly to do so in my LBD and heels. An excuse to glam up a bit. All was good, waitress was lovely and once finished I retired to the lounge for a quiet drink. On departing I was engaged in conversation by the receptionis, chatting together for several minutes before I left.

People say for those starting out a drive through is a good way to go. I have gone that little bit further and ordered to go over the counter at a Mac's. I must admit I expected to draw a bit of attention but even in there folks just got on doing their own thing. So again all good.

One practical point I'll make. If you wear a corset, you'll need smaller portions. Corsets act like a gastric band compressing the stomach. Smaller stomach, less food before you feel full.

If you're in a city with a "gayborhood," think about going to an eatery there. Odds are you'll be catered to with over-the-top service at best, and treated like just another customer at worst. I love Annie's Paramount Steakhouse in DC on 17th St (I think). You can get great steak and eggs at 3 am after the clubs close, LoL!

Very cute, artsy pic, by the way!

Cheers,

Jill
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaytojillian/

Jillian has the idea. The restaurant itself isn’t as important as location. Restaurants are going to serve the kind of people who live nearby, so restaurants around gay “centers” tend to be more trans/CD friendly.

I live in the city, so almost any restaurant would work. That being said, I would avoid any restaurant with children or teenagers.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

For all the reasons mentioned, the drive through is as close as I come. Smaller town with fewer restaurants doesn’t help.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    It doesn't matter where you go out to eat, it's all in how you present and act. I go anywhere I want, confidence is KEY. If you act like a fish out of water then people will notice.

Majella is right, It's all in the presentation and confidence. I've gone to diners, restaurants even an IHOP on a Saturday morning. Never had an issue.
    Only time I felt that I may have had an issue, was when we ended up at an Olive Garden when a wedding was called off at the last second. I needed to use the bathroom, and to get to it I needed to walk through the crowd of people that were waiting for a table. Used the ladies room, walked in and left like I belonged. No problems. When I got back to the table my friends (both GGs) had to ask which bathroom I used and were both sorry that one didn't think of coming with me (the old buddy system). Considering I was all made up, a pink beaded knee length dress etc, I thought it would have been worse to head to the mens roof.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Go wherever you want but just be confident in your appearance.
    Dress like a bimbo you will be viewed as such.Dress like a normal woman and you should be fine.

I like Clam Chowder and the best place is in Seattle on the waterfront I think it is Ivors or something like that.

It has been there a long time and built up a reputation.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytoJillian View Post
    Very cute, artsy pic, by the way!

Cheers,

Jill
    Aww, you're the first person to comment on it. Thank you!

I love DC. Do you think they'd let me do the White House tour dressed?

Yes, there's a "gayborhood" nearby. Great suggestion. Thanks.

Beverley, I once ate at a small french restaurant at the Fish Market. It was great.

Thank you all for your replies.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    I like Clam Chowder and the best place is in Seattle on the waterfront I think it is Ivors or something like that.

It has been there a long time and built up a reputation.
    It's called "Ivar's" and it's still there at pier 54. Ivar Haglund was a Seattle institution, opening and operating several restaurants around the area. He was, as they say, "colorful". I am a long way from Seattle now, but happily, our local Costco carries Ivar's Clam Chowder. Yes, really.

Steering back on-topic... as Princess Chantal suggests, stay away from fast food and franchise joints. Your girl self deserves better fare, for sure, but more importantly, those lower-end places hire younger, less experienced (i.e. less professional) staff. More seasoned help usually knows how important it is to make their customers' dining experience as enjoyable as it can be. For this reason, you should tip generously when that happens. You will be remembered for your generosity as well as your ...novelty, and will likely receive VIP treatment on subsequent visits.

And yes, establishments in the gayborhood are usually a safe bet. Our GNO meets tonight at just such a place, and we tip well. We always receive special treatment. It's almost like we're famous or something.

I have eaten out hundreds of times at any restaurant that I want to go to. My only caution is to choose meals that are not messy to eat. After all one must maintain a lady-like appearance! IMHO, the main thing is to eat/drink in a way similar to what your ideal woman would.
    Hugs, Carole

Hi Patience,

I dress as a man in a skirt or dress and I go to any restaurant that serves good food. I do not have any trouble with the staff I get treated very well. I do not go to the "fatfood"(0) places as they do not serve good food. I have eaten in chain restaurants such as Olive Garden and others. I have eaten in fine dining establishments as well.

I live in a small town and near two large cities. So I have a bunch of places to choose from and have never had a bad time at any of them. If the service was good and the food was good tip large and they will remember you and the next time you go back the service will be better.

And above all BE CONFIDENT!!

Fran

(0) Places like Mac Donald's, Burger King, Wendy's etc.

I've gone out to eat en femme many many times. I go the same places that I go in male mode, and order the same stuff. I've never had the slightest problem.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Go out with a friend and u can go most places. Go with 3 or more friends? And, in my experience u can anywhere!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Was really only earlier this year that I first dined out in restaurant's,that were way out of me and my companions comfort zone.We went to an upscale Chinese Restaurant in Manchester city centre,we were treated just like any other diners,no funny looks from staff or customers,And the food was excellent too.

The next morning we went into town shopping and popped into place for breakfast,initially with it being daytime,I admit I felt a little self conscious,I needn't have worried as again we were treated no different.Hell even in KFC (on my own) there was no hassle,and server complimented me,well actually on my handbag lol

P.S. stay away from spaghetti,much safer for your outfit lol

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I've had lots of problems eating out at restaurants.

The problem is I generally mess up my lipstick.

I've never had a problem with the restaurants or servers.

I'm probably more comfortable at Cheesecake Factory restaurants, but again, I haven't had an issue at other places either.

It's all common sense. For me, since I am "put together", I chose knife and fork meals. I enjoy my drink, even a beer, with a straw. All that allows me to keep my lipstick from being smeared. Knife and fork allows me to be ladylike. I may do a flatbread since I can do that in a ladylike fashion as well. Small portions, women don't generally eat in bulk like many men do.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Going out to eat on its own is a nice thing to do but to do it alone and dressed is hard I am still trying to get over that because sitting alone you have no one to talk to and think everybody is looking at you whereas they may not be it might just be a subconcious feeling of nerves. being bold is one thing getting through it is quite another.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

I went to church today! It is the second Sunday and the LGBTQ+ members go to Brix for lunch!(pizza place but better quality!) I had a meatball sandwich, many had pizza! They told me there are sometimes as few as three and as many as 25 at times! There were 6 other "T-girls" there and 20 people in all! It was a very nice time! No problems with the staff or other customers! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

My girlfriend and I had brunch out on Sunday at Columbus Coffee (see my blog for photo of us both)

A few weeks ago we had a meet up at a bar, we've had brunch at the Museum, art gallery and a few evening meals at other bars in the area.
    Food is typically European but really I'm looking for a good coffee and good company, I'm just not into Asian food, seems sloppy and most ends up on my clothes but I like Indian curries.
    I've had Subway when I've been in a hurry.
    We're not part of the gay community, but their restaurants generally serve the same food as we get in regular eating houses.

McDonalds for breakfast 2 summers ago
    DSCF0049 (2)a.jpg

Can't remember where, just too many photos of us (I have permission to publish)
    DSCF0113a.jpg
    Last edited by Rachelakld; 10-15-2018 at 04:35 AM.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I've been going out dressed for many years and never felt that I had a problem going for lunch or dinner at any place. The only places I avoid are fast food places with lots ot eastern men such as Turkey fast food or simular.
    Other thatn that I don't have any limitations. Usually I try to save money while out, because live and dining out is expensive, if I'm hungry I usually go to a MacD or any other fast and basic fast food places.
    But I've been out to many restaurants with no one issue in many years, confidence of appearance is one key.

I dream of being asked out to eat, especially by my boyfriend> Oh, I just sparkle all over whenever that happens!
    "Roxanne, Not Often Enough"
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be