Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Catcalled

Catcalled

Last night I went out dressed for the first time in my life. I went to a professional make up artist and after almost three hours of a beautifying session I went out with her by my side. We walked around the jam packed streets, me in heels and a short skirt. I was terrified, averting people’s eyes and cursing myself for choosing tight fitting heels.

In reality most people minded their own business, there were very few stares if at all (that I could see since I was not looking) and despite my terror it went quite well... until a couple of guys catcalled at me. The lady GG I was walking with told me to be proud, and to take it as a sign of passing with flying colors, but I wonder if the catcall was more a joke for attempting to pass.

I wanted to stop by one of the many cafes around to have a quick drink as Carolina but I was too afraid of stopping, so we just walked for about 30 mins (toes hurting) and managed to take a quick pic (attached)

Great new (giant) step for me on the road to... who knows? I’d love to know what people were thinking or what that catcall meant (I know, I know we shouldn’t care less about what strangers think, but it’d be a plus to know if one passes somehow)
    Attached Images Attached Images

From your picture, your legs look quite fetching, I think it was a legit cat call.

Banned Read only
    Carolina,
    Agree with your GG friend. You passed beautifully! So cute, and you have gorgeous legs!
    Happygirl

Very nice Carolina, not only you did a big step, you look very beautiful and natural
    Luciana

You look great

Carolina, you look beautiful. The catcall was definitely for the femme you.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Yay! Congratulations! Doesn't it feel great to be out? No wonder you got catcalled in that red skirt. Nice legs!

There are folks here for whom being catcalled is nothing but a dream. Way to nail it your first time out the gate!

Just one question: why was the makeup session three hours? It sounds like a long time to me. Then again, l only had my first makeover less than a week ago.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Thank you all for the compliments. They are hugely appreciated for someone who is less than confident as Carolina, but who wants to continue taking steps to... potentially become Carolina? Believing I could pass makes a huge difference for me. Thank you again.

Patience, unfortunately it took the make up artists quite a bit of time to work their magic. They have some easy tricks I never thought about, like simply taping the side of the eyebrow pulling it upwards with a transparent tape, suddenly showing the eye far better. Then the different powders and creams to disguise a man’s face shape and trying to emulate a woman’s. That must have taken at least 45 mins. Working on the eyes took them forever too, then false eyelashes (and I thought mine were pretty long!), selecting the wig, attire, complements, literally the works. It seems that unfortunately one needs quite a bit of work...

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Glad to hear you had a successful outing.

Hi Carolina,

The catcall was for your beautiful legs, I’m sure. Thank you for being an inspiration and congratulations on going out for the first time!

Anne

Without zooming in and with a quick glance at the photograph, it looked like you were wearing some type of headpiece with ears. Maybe cat ears...

Upon closer inspection those "ears" turned out to be the balconies from the background building.
    Looks like we see what we want to see.

That is a very nice skirt. Glad everything worked out!

Naah! Those are big square mickey mouse ears.

Not available at Dizzy Land. I know. :-)

The fountain looks nice.

Well.....

I love the whole presentation Carolina, I think you did well all round.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Yeah, those legs... That catcall was the real deal, sweetie. Next time, relax and put on a winning smile and you'll get more than one.

You look awesome and your legs are gorgeous. The catcall was for the beautiful you. Crissy

I must say your legs got you the cat calls for sure. So revel in it and do it again and again. The more you go out the more confident you will become.
    Wish I had legs like that.

Fran

Aspiring Member
    I thought was illegal. You do look adorable and I love your outfit.
    Live Today as if it is your last day

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Few of us pass all the time. And some, like me, never pass!

I get hoots, comments, giggles, and, "Hey that was a guy",s all the time. U get used to it, eventually. When I have time, I'll engage the cat callers. If I'm in a hurry, I'll just smile, wave, and walk off. After all, I'm not doing anything wrong and neither r u, Caroline! Once u realize that, u can relax and enjoy your outings a lot more.

Acting relaxed and having someone along with u will legitimize u with most vanillas! It means you're NOT just some weirdo!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I think you look wonderful. It takes some gut to go out, I have been a few times and it is kind of terrifying. Maybe that's what makes it so tempting and stimulating. Go for it girl!!!
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

congrats to you! you look great and i love the skirt.
    your amazing legs go well with the skirt and heels.
    i would accept the catcall as a sure sign of passing!
    i could only wish i looked as good as you my first time out!
    paula

Vale Chica!

Wow...fantastic 👏 kudos for great preparation and presentation. Great picture...great legs...ummm fantastic legs. Some might take a cat call as disrespect, but for your first outing , I can see your delight. I’ve never had a catcall, but several smiles. Nice.

You look fabulous!

Platinum Member
    Hi Carolina , How could anyone not just see a very lovely young lady there. >Orchid ..OO..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Silver Member
    Oh, yeah, you're looking really beautiful and the catcall was for real. Unfortunately, because most women don't like being catcalled and want it to stop.

The only thing out of place was your own level of comfort. Of course you were nervous your first time out. But I hope that you become more comfortable going forward, because looking that beautiful makes most people feel more confident about going out. It can only get better for you. Good luck!

Good job! You look great.